“Great Hotel”

Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Elizabethtown
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at Days Inn. The manager was wonderful (Andre). The staff was really great. If you asked them anything they would help you in anyway they could. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wanted to take a trip to Kentucky.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

daysinnofetown1, General Manager at Days Inn Elizabethtown, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay here at the Days Inn, Elizabethtown, KY. I will most certainly pass this along to my staff, especially Andre who is my manager on duty during the evening shift. It is always a great feeling of pride for them to hear that their hard work is being recognized. Our goal is to make each guest feel welcome and taken care of when coming to our property. We will look forward to seeing you again as your travels take you through Kentucky.
Stacy Lester, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We at first were very happy with motel and service until 6pm when neighbouring rooms about 4 of them and 10 people started a party outside our room, they said it wouldnt last long well at 11.45pm we rang reception at 12noon rang again they said they had attended the first time, they attended again however the party continued to 1.30am, then they started up their vehicle at 4am until the final party left at 6am. Apart from this the motel was clean, confortable,nice lobby and clean pool with parking at the room door

Room Tip: Ask if they hav workers staying and get a room well away, the place had plenty of vacant rooms but p...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Days Inn Elizabethtown, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thank you for your kind words in regards to your most recent stay and I am glad you were able to enjoy our hotel and relaxing pool I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of the guest next door to your room. I have brought your concerns to the attention of the front desk team and used your valuable feedback in our training exercise to improve our customer service. We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Elizabethtown, KY.

Stacy Lester, General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Elizabethtown hotels

Cleveland,OH
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Roaches everywhere you could not step without stepping on at least one, I refused to sleep there. I booked it through Expedia I am trying to get a refund The clerk was nice she did not offer to give another room, she was not surprised at what we encountered. She just said we needed to contact Expedia for a refund.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mikofam
Please accept my apology for your most recent experience at our hotel. We do have a preventative maintenance program in place for pest control, however, being an exterior property with the warm weather provides challenges for us. We have contacted our pest control provider and they have performed extra services for us. I have spoken with the front desk team members and we have reviewed customer service procedures. Our goal is to provide outstanding customer service to all our guests and we look forward to showing you our true southern hospitality upon your next visit.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while searching for a house in the area. 3 nights was 3 night TOO long! The room started off feeling like it would make due but once we got settled we started noticing how filthy and gross the room actually was. I have 2 small children and after an hour of them running back and forth in the room, their feet were BLACK! The drain in the tub was clogged and water filled to our ankles when we showered. I felt the tub was probably dirty enough, I made the kids take showers instead of their usual baths. The lights over the vanity only had 2 working bulbs out of 6. And the blankets on the bed had holes and cigarette burns on them. The sheets slipped off the beds at night because the elastic was worn. Upon checking out the maid went straight to our room to get it ready for the next guest. Our car was parked right outside the room and while my husband was packing the car, I watched the maid take the blankets off the bed and put the sheets into the laundry bin. She made the beds back up again using new sheets but the same blankets! I always new that the top blanket was not washed, but the velour underneath!! I am thoroughly grossed out and as soon as we got to our new house, I made everyone take a shower and get fresh clothes!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank armyfam12
Thank you for your valuable feedback from your recent stay with us. I have addressed all of your concerns with the housekeeping and maintenance departments. We recently held an in-service meeting to review our cleanliness procedures. Guest feedback like yours is valuable to our success and we look forward to the opportunity to earning your business once again.

Winter Garden, Florida
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We recently stayed at the Days Inn in Elizabethtown while traveling from Orlando to Chicago. The hotel is very convenient, right off of I-65, and there are a number of restaurants nearby (several offer a 10% discount to Days Inn guests). The room has the basics - nothing fancy - but was comfortable and clean. The hotel also allows pets (for a small fee) to stay and I could see quite a few folks walking their pooches around in the grassy areas. The continental breakfast is basic - good for a quick drink (coffee, juice, milk) or a bite (2 types of cereal, instant oatmeal, store bought pastries, apples). The most memorable part of my stay is the service. I had called the hotel from the road (as we were making better time than expected and wanted to change hotels to this Days Inn) and Andre was super friendly and helpful. He was able to confirm a ground floor room in a quieter area which he was able to deliver on. At arrival, he was just as welcoming. In the morning, one of the cleaning people offered to help me carry a couple of cups of coffee (from the continental breakfast) back to my room - which I felt was above the call of duty. I'd stay here again on my next road trip.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
daysinnofetown1, General Manager at Days Inn Elizabethtown, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. I am very proud of my staff for making your stay memorable and delivering on the promise of service that we always strive to provide to our guests. I will definitely pass your comments on to Andre and the rest of the staff so they know they are doing the right things. We hope to see you again on your travels through the area.
Georgia
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Room had a king-size bed, safe, ironing board & iron, 32" TV, coffee maker, clean carpet and clean bathroom. Shower was very hot. The cleaning lady had forgotten to get everything out of the little garbage can under the sink but otherwise it was spotless. Bed was pretty good though sagged a bit on my side. Breakfast was basic - bagels, a couple of cereal choices, instant oatmeal, coffee, OJ. The eating area has 4-5 tables and is in a large room that also serves as a little curio store. Immediately adjacent is the Denny's where there are more food choices. Front desk staff were very very nice. I will definitely stay here again if I need a place in the greater Louisville area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank rpaulm
daysinnofetown1, General Manager at Days Inn Elizabethtown, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Thank you for your review of our property. Im glad that we were able to offer you a clean, friendly, convenient place to stay on your travels through Elizabethtown and I greatly appreciate the feedback. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area!
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I had to got o Elizabethtown unexpectedly and never dreamed there would be a great hotel. Boy was I surprised!!!! I chose the Days Inn simply because it was a name brand but not expecting much.
From the moment you walk in the door you are made to feel special and are glad this was your choice, The hotel is clean, comfortable and makes you feel at home.
Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank BettyS748
daysinnofetown1, General Manager at Days Inn Elizabethtown, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review! I will definitely pass your compliments on to my staff as an appreciation of the hard work they do everyday. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Elizabethtown.
Stacy Lester,GM