“Good road side hotel”

Days Inn Elizabethtown
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We recently stayed at the Days Inn in Elizabethtown while traveling from Orlando to Chicago. The hotel is very convenient, right off of I-65, and there are a number of restaurants nearby (several offer a 10% discount to Days Inn guests). The room has the basics - nothing fancy - but was comfortable and clean. The hotel also allows pets (for a small fee) to stay and I could see quite a few folks walking their pooches around in the grassy areas. The continental breakfast is basic - good for a quick drink (coffee, juice, milk) or a bite (2 types of cereal, instant oatmeal, store bought pastries, apples). The most memorable part of my stay is the service. I had called the hotel from the road (as we were making better time than expected and wanted to change hotels to this Days Inn) and Andre was super friendly and helpful. He was able to confirm a ground floor room in a quieter area which he was able to deliver on. At arrival, he was just as welcoming. In the morning, one of the cleaning people offered to help me carry a couple of cups of coffee (from the continental breakfast) back to my room - which I felt was above the call of duty. I'd stay here again on my next road trip.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
daysinnofetown1, General Manager at Days Inn Elizabethtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. I am very proud of my staff for making your stay memorable and delivering on the promise of service that we always strive to provide to our guests. I will definitely pass your comments on to Andre and the rest of the staff so they know they are doing the right things. We hope to see you again on your travels through the area.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Elizabethtown

Reviewed February 6, 2012

Room had a king-size bed, safe, ironing board & iron, 32" TV, coffee maker, clean carpet and clean bathroom. Shower was very hot. The cleaning lady had forgotten to get everything out of the little garbage can under the sink but otherwise it was spotless. Bed was pretty good though sagged a bit on my side. Breakfast was basic - bagels, a couple of cereal choices, instant oatmeal, coffee, OJ. The eating area has 4-5 tables and is in a large room that also serves as a little curio store. Immediately adjacent is the Denny's where there are more food choices. Front desk staff were very very nice. I will definitely stay here again if I need a place in the greater Louisville area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank rpaulm
daysinnofetown1, General Manager at Days Inn Elizabethtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2012

Thank you for your review of our property. Im glad that we were able to offer you a clean, friendly, convenient place to stay on your travels through Elizabethtown and I greatly appreciate the feedback. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area!

Reviewed January 13, 2012

I had to got o Elizabethtown unexpectedly and never dreamed there would be a great hotel. Boy was I surprised!!!! I chose the Days Inn simply because it was a name brand but not expecting much.
From the moment you walk in the door you are made to feel special and are glad this was your choice, The hotel is clean, comfortable and makes you feel at home.
Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank BettyS748
daysinnofetown1, General Manager at Days Inn Elizabethtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review! I will definitely pass your compliments on to my staff as an appreciation of the hard work they do everyday. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Elizabethtown.
Stacy Lester,GM

Reviewed December 25, 2011

This is the second time we have stayed here and we will be back again next year. Extremely close to interstate but far enough away that the noise doesn't bother you. Staff is friendly and the hotel is VERY CLEAN!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Kaleb B

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your stay at our property. Thank you for the compliments ( I will share these with my staff as they pride themselves on keeping the property clean and providing great customer service) We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Elizabethtown.

Reviewed December 21, 2011

this is a great location, next to denny.s its just a nice place to stay and dine. Close to town as well. price wise its not a bad deal.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Geraldine K

Thank you for your review of your stay with us. Im happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed the convenience of the property right off of interstate 65 and having Denny's adjacent to our lobby where all our guests can receive a 10% discount by showing their room key.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Elizabethtown.

Reviewed September 14, 2011

The lobby had a large kitchy shopping area with trinkets and gifts. I checked in late at night (10:30 p.m.), and still got great service from the night-person. The motel parking lot was filled with construction trucks, and there seemed to be a number of people who stay there for long periods. No elevator, so lugging all my work stuff and personal stuff up two flights was a lesson learned. Missed the continental breakfast, but was offered it and given good info at check in. Rates were reasonable for not booking via priceline or discount site. Connected to a Denny's, they also offered a discount for the restaurant. The room was typical. The sink stood on steel four steel legs, which dated it, but it was all functional. Was told wi-fi worked well, but never tested it. Television had very poor reception, and when I tried to screw the cable into the wall better, the exposed copper line came out in my hand. After some finagling, got the copper into the hole in a way that left limited lines on the tv, but never got really clear. Room was clean, even with the outdated furniture and bulky older tv. Water pressure decent, wall air unit cooled fine. No fridge or microwave, but for the price and the chain expectation, a fine place to lay your head.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank kel88888
daysinnofetown1, General Manager at Days Inn Elizabethtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2011

Thank you for your review. I apologize that you did not have good tv reception while staying on our property. I will most certainly look into that and make sure our maintenance is aware that this was an issue so we can take a look at and take care of. Its great to hear that you received good service while staying with us and we look forward to having you stay at our property again next time you are in the area.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

friendly staff, nice rooms, comfortable sleep. a great way to start our trip

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pfattman
daysinnofetown1, General Manager at Days Inn Elizabethtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

Thank you for your review. Its great to know we were able to provide you with a great start to your trip! We strive to give our guest the comfort and service that can help make a road trip more relaxing. I hope the rest of your trip went well and that you will stop to visit us again next time you are in the area.