“Run!!!!”

Wingfield Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Elizabethtown
“Run!!!!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My family stayed here for a baseball tournament. The team was assigned this hotel through the tournament officials . The rooms were not ready till 9pm the day of our arrival. The front desk employes were mean!!! The hotel was smelly and dingy. The maids told us they did not have enough towels for all the guests!!! Families of three or four only got two towels. There was dog poop in one hallway. The pool was very dirty. Most of the families from the team returned home and many have eye and/or ear infections. Many also have fevers !!! The health department should close this place down!!!'

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here during the Nationals Youth Baseball tournament. The experience was not so great. The room was not available clean until after 5pm. There were ants all over the bathroom. Housecleaning only stocked the bathroom with 2 towels for a double queen room. Bathroom was left filthy everyday. The indoor swimming pool always had a grey milky color to it. The carpet was wet and musty smelling. There wasn't an exhaust fan in the bathroom. The steam from the shower was trapped in the room. Worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Elmhurst, Illinois
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We booked into this hotel because it was all that was left for our stay during my son's baseball tournament. The hotel was dirty, the carpet in our room was sticky and old looking, there were a couple of different crawly bugs identified in the room as well as two or three varieties of flying bugs. The staff ranged from friendly to snarly. The staff who came to clean the rooms were very friendly. The woman who was at the front desk when we checked out was snarly, rude, and unpleasant. The indoor pool was closed when it rained outside, which it did a lot that weekend, and it didn't look clean so I was glad it was closed so I didn't have to be the "mean mom" and not let him go in.

My son ended up playing a baseball game at midnight, so we didn't get back to the room until after 2a.m. I got up at 10a and did not feel well, so I called down to ask for a late check out. I was told there is no late check out option - which stunned me since the hotel was empty by noon and the next wave of baseball players wasn't expected until 36 hours later! I needed the sleep so I stayed put for a few more hours, blowing the 11:30a check out time. When I went down to the front desk to check out at 3p I stood at the front desk. A woman sat at a desk where she could see me and the front desk, yet I still had to work to get her attention so she would come and wait on me. When I told her I wanted to check out she curled her lip, raised an eyebrow, and said, "there will be a fee" with an indignant tone.

Such poor customer service was typical of all of the front desk staff.

Do not go to this hotel unless you might otherwise perish to the elements if you sleep in your car.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chicago
Reviewed July 5, 2013

If you like spiders, smoking, and traveling with your pets, this place is for you. All others run. In fairness, we were there for a baseball tournament so the hotel was full. We waited in a very long line to check in at 4pm only to be told rooms would not be ready until later and "we should go to dinner." We did and returned at 8 and provided a key. The room was bolted open, partially cleaned. We had no sheets, blankets or towels and there was nobody to be found. We called and were provded two very scratchy towels. At the time, we didnt realize how fortunate we were. Others with us on trip were provided only washclothes. Hold on to your towels, they are like gold.

The pool.....My son told me after swimming that "I put on goggles and still couldn't see my feet" Little wonder that his stomach hurt later that night. It was a murkey whitish color.

The middle hallway, ironically which provides access to the workout room, always smelled like stale smoke. It contained very large rolls of carpet which desparetely need to be placed. It also contained dog poop at one point. When the front desk was told, thier reply, "I know, just havent gotten to that yet."

Filthy place. My son asked me when we got home if someone had cleaned our house when we were gone. I told him no and asked why. "Its just so clean compared to that hotel."

The breakfast was decent and the hotel employees were pleasant. Just very overwhelmed.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if you have heavy luggage, you get to carry it up the stairs.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We went to Louisville for the Kentucky Derby, and booked a room at the BW Atrium Gardens on Expedia.

Unfortunately, the weather on Derby day was awful. It poured rain most of the day, which meant we were soaked!!! We left the track, and went to the hotel, wanting to take a nice warm shower before heading out to dinner.

Upon arriving, we encountered front desk staff that seemed like it was a chore to do their job. Very unfriendly, and uncaring. We waited about 5 minutes for them to finish chatting to each other, and they continued this while checking us in. They gave us our room keys, and quickly explained when breakfast was being served the next morning, and then went back to chatting to each other.

Our room was on the second floor, and with no elevator it was a bit difficult to carry our bags upstairs, but I'll say that was because we were wet, and tired, but looking forward to a nice warm shower...Nope, sorry. No hot water in our room. I called down to the front desk, and explained the situation. I was told the hotel was completely booked, and we could not be moved to another room. I asked them to send someone to take a look at the hot water heater, and was told they would send someone up shortly. After an hour, we took a cold shower, and went out for dinner.

We came back to the room about 2 hours later, and checked the hot water situation...still no hot water. I went down to the front desk, and explained to the gentleman that this was the second time I had complained. He apologized, and said "We don't have a plumber, so nothing can be done until the morning." Disappointed with his answer, we went to bed...

Next morning, we tried again to have a shower, but yet again there was no hot water. We just said forget it, and went down to the atrium for breakfast.

Breakfast was served by the indoor pool. It was not bad, your basic eggs, bacon, sausage fare, and it even had biscuits and gravy!!! Problem was, the roof of the atrium had leaks in it, so it left a little to be desired.

When we checked out, the front desk staff didn't ask us if we enjoyed our stay, or if there was anything that needed their attention. In short, it seemed like the staff really didn't care about the guests at all.

I booked the room 3 months in advance, and was lucky to pay $100, as this was Kentucky Derby weekend. I looked online the day before, and saw that there was only one room left, and they were asking $462 on Expedia for it!!!

I find it really disappointing, that on one of the hotels busiest weekends of the year, we couldn't even have a warm shower, and the hotel wasn't willing to do anything to try to fix the problem. Add in the fact, that some people paid in excess of $400 for a room, and it speaks volumes, that the Best Western Atrium Gardens disappointed us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Davis, California
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The motel location was good. The motel was in the process of being redecorated, so any review of the room would not reflect accurately what experience to expect in the future. The check-in was quick and efficient. The best experience was breakfast in the atrium the next morning. There was a very delicious full breakfast waiting for all the guests. Katherine was overseeing the breakfast, and she made sure every thing was well stocked. She went out of her way to make sure everyone was enjoying the food and atmosphere. She was a very gracious, and attentive host.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
wisconsin
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We reserved a single non smoking room first floor and when I was given room key it was a double. then only king on second floor and go up there and guess what the hall carpets are just being laid. Go to room just to check it out and know it needs cleaning for fridge size to get groceries then come back and expect it clean by 2pm. not ready yet and the doors on this floor are all open due to carpets being laid. Go down and complain yet again and have a doble bed room given and no option to even get an accessible room at the same rate. He does see a service dog with. No option there either.

Rooms are ok, smell like fabreeze, tini fridge no shelf or door shelf bar. freezer build up. wallpaper pealing and discolored in the room. Noisy a/c unit. no view but that's ok for us as long as we have light. Bring your own pillows from hom as these are very firm and i have yet to use one. Lack of power flushing for solid waste. Only plus it has a jetted tub since it doesn't have a whirlpool near the pool. which by the way says its closed after he said at check in it was open til 10. We shall see about breakfast which is supposed to be a good spread.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business