In this day and age of people trying to get the most for their $ and expecting and deserving good service, this hotel does not deliver. The hotel is run down and management seems to be non-existent. When we arrived, the front desk clerk was helpful but after that, it was down-hill. There were stains on the carpet. The hot/cold faucets were not marked in the tub/shower. The air conditioning did not work very well. We had to go out for my daughter's swim meet and when we returned around 8:45P.M. we discovered the tv picture was very fuzzy looking.(the tv has not even been upgraded to a flat panel but we could have lived with that.) There was only one lamp beside the bed and did not work. I called the front desk to see if the tv and lamp could be addressed. The front desk clerk asked if the connection was tight to the TV; I told her it was at the tv but I could not check the other end since it was coming up through the floor. She told me that nothing could be addressed until the next morning when maintenance arrived. I asked to request for Maintenance to address these things in the morning. I also called at 7AM the next morning to make sure the front desk had a note to have these things addressed as well as requesting that our room get cleaned as soon as housekeeping arrived. The front desk clerk spoke to me as if I was inconveniencing her but assured me that everything would be taken care of. When we arrived back to the room around 1PM, nothing had been done. When I called the front desk, there was a different front desk clerk who told me that she was unaware of any of this. I asked to speak to a manager and was told none was on duty all weekend. They finally did get the maintenance person to come up but the tv was never fixed. The fridge that is supposed to be provided did not keep anything cold. I discussed this with the staff also but nothing was done. Just seemed to be one thing after another. The rate is not good enough to put up with all of this especially when the property is so run down. You can do better. Would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wingfield Inn and Suites has an indoor pool and a fitness center. Wireless Internet access is complimentary throughout the premises. There is a business center on site. A complimentary breakfast is available. Additional amenities include laundry facilities, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. This is a smoke-free property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Wingfield Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Elizabethtown
- Best Western Hotel Elizabethtown
- Elizabethtown Best Western