“"Not bad" is not a good reason to stay here”

Wingfield Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Reviewed June 9, 2012

In this day and age of people trying to get the most for their $ and expecting and deserving good service, this hotel does not deliver. The hotel is run down and management seems to be non-existent. When we arrived, the front desk clerk was helpful but after that, it was down-hill. There were stains on the carpet. The hot/cold faucets were not marked in the tub/shower. The air conditioning did not work very well. We had to go out for my daughter's swim meet and when we returned around 8:45P.M. we discovered the tv picture was very fuzzy looking.(the tv has not even been upgraded to a flat panel but we could have lived with that.) There was only one lamp beside the bed and did not work. I called the front desk to see if the tv and lamp could be addressed. The front desk clerk asked if the connection was tight to the TV; I told her it was at the tv but I could not check the other end since it was coming up through the floor. She told me that nothing could be addressed until the next morning when maintenance arrived. I asked to request for Maintenance to address these things in the morning. I also called at 7AM the next morning to make sure the front desk had a note to have these things addressed as well as requesting that our room get cleaned as soon as housekeeping arrived. The front desk clerk spoke to me as if I was inconveniencing her but assured me that everything would be taken care of. When we arrived back to the room around 1PM, nothing had been done. When I called the front desk, there was a different front desk clerk who told me that she was unaware of any of this. I asked to speak to a manager and was told none was on duty all weekend. They finally did get the maintenance person to come up but the tv was never fixed. The fridge that is supposed to be provided did not keep anything cold. I discussed this with the staff also but nothing was done. Just seemed to be one thing after another. The rate is not good enough to put up with all of this especially when the property is so run down. You can do better. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank PattyL61
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor. We have already undergone several renovations and have other items to be upgraded very soon. We take pride in being a Best Western and our glad that you chose to stay with us while you were in Elizabethtown, we hope you will stay with us again when you are in the area.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

We called while on the road and they had a special rate for memorial weekend, this was cheaper than the AAA or Harley owners discount. The only rooms left were upstairs and there was no elevators. The lady at the desk did explain this to us before just renting the room out. The jacuzzi tub looked relaxing, but we arrived very late and did not use it. The room had the AC cut off so it was extremely hot when we arrived in the room. Although it cooled down really quickly. The beds looked soft, but they were very springing and lumpy. Every time I tossed or turned my husband bounced around like he was on a trampoline. The pillows were nice. On a silly note there was a paper towel nicely printed upon stating this was for us to take and use however we needed. That was a first! I wonder how many people think they mean a real towel and take it??? The breakfast was interesting... The omlets had something like cheese wiz in it. The bacon looked undercooked but it was a smoked bacon. The waffle maker made a great cooked waffle. We didn't try the coffee, but the juice was ok. The pool was located next to breakfast. There was a lot of disapponted kids in bathing suits, since the pool was closed. For a one night stay for the price we would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We will be upgrading our hall carpet and room attire in the next few months. We appreciate that you chose us as your hotel for Elizabethtown and hope you stay with us the next time you are in town.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

This was my first time stay at this hotel. I was traveling on business for 2 days with my co-worker. I picked this facility because it appeared to be nice based on the property description. From the outside the hotel looked runned down, but once we entered into the lobby it was rather nice. The pool was inside the garden atrium, which was very nice! I had quite a few things to carry to my room. I checked in and ended up walking around in a circle to try to find the elevator. When I returned back to the front desk the staff informed me that they did not have an elevator! I have not stayed anywhere that did not have an elevator for their guests. This is a huge hotel with two floors might I add. An elevator should definitely be considered for this property! Once I got to my room I flicked on the light switch only to find out that it did not work. So I had to scramble in the dark to find the closest light switch, which I finally did. I had two queen size beds, which slept comfortably. This particular room did have a jet bathtub, which was a plus! However, I did not get a chance to use it. Because a convention was there this week breakfast was served in the atrium, but other hotel guests had to eat in the normal breakfast room as the convention had a presentation set-up in the atrium. The breakfast was good! It consisted of hot items such as bacon, eggs with cheese, waffles, bagels, english muffins, biscuits & gravy, juice, etc. The front desk staff was not that friendly and acted like they did not want to be there. There were plenty other hotels in walking distance and restaurants. If I travel again to Elizabethtown this hotel will not be my first choice for stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2012

My family and I stayed here as a "half way" point on a trip. Check in was easy, the hotel was clean and well laid out. There were certain areas that showed their age, such as stairways and the pool area. They have done renovations of the building so much of it appears as a new hotel. Bedding was pleasant, with decent pillows. Water pressure was good as well. They do offer a free full breakfast, although this was hit or miss (a wide selection of food, but some things--such as the biscuits--were stone cold). Overall, it was a nice place to stay, especially with the indoor pool.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments and we are so glad that you chose us as your Elizabethtown hotel.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Well when I got to the hotel I was leary. Lobby was nice, staff was nice. First we requested one king and one room with two queen. Well we got two queens and they werent right next to each other. Booking company's fault not the hotel so no prob. Room was OK nothing fancy but decent for the price. Well after a long day of the caves etc.. We get back to our room and they had not cleaned it. I was not happy at all. Went to the front desk Chris came immediately with fresh towels. By the time I got back to the room we found ants in one our snack bag on the counter. Chris immediately took care of that. After I got my nerves back I must say that overall it was a good visit. Breakfast was decent. I've definitely had worse. I would stay here again. The beds weren't the most comfy either.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is a great little hotel at an affordable rate if you're ever in Elizabethtown, KY. We stopped through on our way to Alabama and found the hotel to be very nice (even had jacuzzi tubs in each room). Continental breakfast was way more than expected. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stopped at the Best Western Atrium Gardens on a long road trip. I had planned our stop the week prior to our trip because we were traveling with our dog & wanted to ensure we could stop at a pet friendly hotel. The Best Western was one of the only hotels in the area that didn't charge too much for a pet, and that seemed like it might be clean & up-to-date. (I thought they had renovated all rooms?)

When we arrived, the lobby was nice enough & we didn't have any problems with the staff... but when we got to our room, we found that the mattress was terrible - you sink straight to the middle of the mattress as soon as you lay down. Also, there was a roach motel in the bathroom (ick!!). And, as previous reviews mention, we could hear EVERYTHING ALL NIGHT LONG. We could hear people opening & closing doors, walking around, talking, etc.

I was disappointed in the Best Western Atrium Gardens, especially given that we spent $100 for a sleepless night.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family