“Good Location”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Plymouth, MI
“Good Location”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Close to I 65 Exit. Nice, clean room. Well designed lobby. Breakfast was a disappointment.Scrambled eggs were from a powdered mix & cold. Sausage was very cold. Coffee was tepid. Within walking distance to many restaurants.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed October 30, 2011

There were several hotels & restaurants here; they were placed conveniently by the exit, but we didn't hear any noise. We liked the location of this hotel, as it was by restaurants within walking distance. The walkway is nice to use to go from one or another. This hotel is very nice. Would stay again. The pool area was hot like a sauna room; I should have asked to open the back door. I was the only one who was interested in the pool, as it was the quiet time of the year. We enjoyed this place and would stay again. We went to Ruby Tuesday, and the service was good.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RetiredSecretary
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed October 26, 2011

This was a very comfortable, clean hotel; centrally located at a busy exit with plenty of restaurants, shopping, and other hotels. I booked this hotel sight-unseen because I had planned to visit Louisville and historic sites south of it. This was perfectly located for what I was planning to do. The lobby décor and the indoor heated pool was delightful. The breakfast was your standard continental fare, but they also offered a hot entrée each day. My room came with a microwave and refrigerator. The only minor drawback I thought about the hotel were the many signs telling you how much it would cost you if you broke the rules… smoking, stealing the towels, in the pool. They were tastefully done, and it’s the sign of the times I suppose, but that always makes me feel like I am staying at a place where perhaps the clientele steals or runs amok, and that’s not a good feeling. But everything else was great and the people were lovely. (For example, I misplaced my cell phone, and the woman at the front desk was kind enough to lend me her cordless phone, so I could go out to my car and ring my phone until I could find it – which was a good thing because it had slid under the floor mat. She didn’t have to do that and I really appreciated it.) All in all, if I were staying in the area again, I would not hesitate to chose this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank CobbCoGA
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed October 18, 2011

stayed at this hotel when it was time to stop for the night. since it wa late we received a discounted rate, the room was clean and bed was comfy. the lobby was very inviting and breakfast for good. staff for friendly. would stay here again. it was just off I-65 with a number of resturants nearby.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank family778811
Decatur, Alabama
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We stayed at this hotel mainly because of the reviews on this site. Overall, we weren't disappointed. The staff was friendly, the hotel was fairly new and very clean. Cleanliness is very important to us, so I put a lot of weight on it.

Now, for a few concerns. First, the A/C would not run for more than two minutes at a time. I suspect the problem might be due to the bed being placed almost right against the unit(see attached picture). Even turning the thermostat down to 60 never cooled the room enough (and it was a cool night outside). It was too late to call the front desk to try to remedy this problem.

The ice machine on our floor (3rd floor) did not work. Additionally, the ice machine on the 4th floor was also out of service.

As for the breakfast, it was just the basic, typical breakfast for this level of hotel. Nothing fancy. The family didn't like the flavor of the cooked eggs. You know the ones; those precooked, pre-made, yellow folded over half moon things in the hot tray! :)

One more strange (for lack of a better word) observation is that there is an entire wall without even one picture. Very plain, and I don't recall ever seeing this lack of decor in a room before. Not THAT important, but just peculiar and a little skimpy in my opinion. (see picture)

Again, all in all, a very clean, but basic hotel with just a few quirks. Still a good hotel for the money.

Room Tip: See if the bed is right against the A/C unit. Might only apply to the rooms with a floor plan consis...