“Highly recommend this hotel, as good as I have found on the road!”

Holiday Inn Express Suites Elizabethtown
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Golconda, Illinois
“Highly recommend this hotel, as good as I have found on the road!”
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Friendly front desk, no problems, no worries, no hassles and I was here four nights in a row. What more could you ask for except an in room massage? Nice clean place and will definitely stay here again when I come back in a couple weeks. If I can find something to complain about, the stoplight on the main road is a little slow. If that's all there is wrong, this is the place to stay in Etown!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Jlynn0599, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Elizabethtown, responded to this review, August 27, 2010
Thank you for your kind remarks. We are so glad that you were pleased with your stay and we look forward to your return in a few weeks. I don't think I can do anything about the slow traffic light, but if I could I would. It is our ultimate goal to please every guest every time! Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Most HI Express hotels are about the same. However, this particular one had one big strike against it the room and thebathroom were DARK! We carry light bulbs with us and were able to change a couple of lights to be able to read in the room. However, the bathroom had
wall sconces; nothing we could do about them. So, recommend this place? Maybe, just be aware of the lighting problem possibility.

• Stayed August 2010
emyjoemaxx
Reviewed June 25, 2010

I am a freak when it comes to clean hotels and this particular one eased my mind. I was extremely happy and impressed!
The beds were comfortable and everything was clean.
The location of our room wasn't so great so my husband asked to be moved to the front of the hotel so they did so without any problem.
They had very good food for breakfast in the mornings, not this cheap muffin just to hold you over either. They have full breakfast choices and we never ate out in the mornings.
They also had complimentary cookies which were really good along with coffee or tea.
Right next door the hotel was taco bell and a museum full of coca cola collectibles. The museum was well worth the $10.00 we paid and you were able to take pictures.
There were other restaraunts with in walking distance.
I hope if you are visiting the Mammoth cave area you will stay at this hotel, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank emyjoemaxx
Cincinnati Ohio
Reviewed March 31, 2010

We were on an overnight trip for our kid's Spring Break and were touring Mammoth Cave. Travelling from Cincinnati, I wanted to find a reasonably priced motel w/indoor pool for the kids within an hours drive to the caves. Found this on TripAdvisor and decided to book based on price and indoor pool. We were pleased overall with everything. The pool was clean and well maintained. The lounge for the breakfast was huge and had a nice flat screen TV with sofa and chairs to use anytime. The rooms were clean and comfortable - Very comfortable beds. The bathroom was a little larger than most in this class of motel. Motel was close to many fast food and casual dining restaurants as well as a Kroger supermarket for anything you might need. Overall, would recommend for families or anyone wanting a modest category hotel that is within an hour of Louisville or several tourist areas (Mammoth Cave, Bowling Green, Barren River, etc)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Springboro, Ohio
Reviewed December 31, 2009

We were traveling with a baby and our cat and this place was perfect! Everyone was very polite and helpful. The room was very clean and tidy. The bed was comfortable. The shower was a little forceful but we enjoyed it. The breakfast was much more than we had expected. They had bacon, eggs, biscuits, oatmeal, and muffins. They had coffee, juice, and milk! They had a coffee station with hot chocolate and cookies out when we arrived at 4 in the afternoon...that was an unexpected pick me up. And on a final note we never heard the train!
We would highly recommend this hotel and plan on staying there again on future trips!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Frankfort, NY
Reviewed November 19, 2009

We stayed here on our way home from Tx to NY. The clerk made a mistake and double swiped our card - after we paid cash!! She told the manager about it after we left - we did not know about it until we checked our account online - and she reversed the charges but not the correct amount. When I called to advise her of this, she did not want to listen to me at all and kept cutting me off and told me to fax the print of my account to her showing the charges and reversal. Then she hung up on me. I have since called the customer service line and they are handling it for me. DO NOT STAY HERE - THE HOTEL IS NICE BUT THE MANAGEMENT COULD CARE LESS!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank suesanibel1
Allentown
Reviewed July 12, 2009

After reading all of the great reviews on this board, I booked a room on their website and in order to get the cheaper rate, I had to pre-pay it (no refunds). I called the night before the arrival to assure them that we would be there, but we would be a late arrival. I also mentioned how allergic to smoke my entire family is, so a non-smoking room was very important.
After driving 11 hours, we pulled into the parking lot only to discover they gave our room away! The woman said all she had left was a king smoking room. I was furious! At this point, I had paid my $92 and they did not the room for me?! She said she would call around to find us another room. When my mom asked how this could happen, she said, "mistakes happen".....not sure how they happen when they know how many of each type of room they have?!
After about a half hour and a managers approval she found us another room.

My suggestion would be not to book at this hotel at all! You may be left without a room also!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009