“Best nights rest great beds fabulous sheets.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Elizabethtown
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Elizabethtown
“Best nights rest great beds fabulous sheets.”
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Very nice rooms, best sheets this trip. Wonderfully comfortable. Plenty of room to work at desk. Nice staff, recommended a restaurant that was perfect from wine list to dessert. Stone Hearth don't miss it.
Only negative about hotel: breakfast so so
Still would recommend highly.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank wsenjoyinglife

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
paris ontario
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I usually stay in Louisville, but lately, I found that being so close to the Airport,was starting to annoy me. This trip, i decided to drive a little further South, to Elizabethville. I was pleasantly surprised to find a modern, clean. and well laid out property, with a pleasant atmosphere. I was greeted by the front desk staff, with a friendly smile,and given the first floor king room,that I asked for. My room was spacious, with a king bed, huge writing desk,comfortable chair,micro,&fridge, and a dresser,with more drawers,than I will ever use. The bonus was, there was a REAL coffee maker, and ceramic cups. There was an indoor pool, with separate whirlpool spa, and a well equipped fitness room.The hotel has many restaurants close by, but I chose to try a very new Mexican restaurant called El Burrito. The food was great,but they served huge portions,and I could only eat about half of the steak fajita,with refried beans, and Mexican rice. Breakfast consisted of sausage, and egg rounds,with English muffins,waffles, a selection of cereals,rolls.bagels,and breads. There was plenty of fresh coffee, and your choice of juice. The only sour note,was,an inconsiderate guest sounded like he was dancing with an elephant, in the room above mine. The thumping started around 5 A.M., and continued for about an hour. This is not the fault of the Hotel, but the blame lies on the guest, annoying others. I would stay here again, anytime! Jerry...Paris Ontario, Canada

Room Tip: As always try for a ground floor king!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank jerry l
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is the BEST, BY FAR, pet-friendly hotel we have EVER stayed in. We have 2 small long haired chihuahuas and it was great for us AND them! In some past places we've stayed, they gave us rooms you could definitely tell were "dog rooms." As a pet owner who thrives on cleanliness for myself AND dogs, it was a great welcome. We LOVED our room and will stay at this hotel any time we're in the area......thank you soooooo much!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

2 Thank Melissa Marlyn M
Southern State
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We had the occasion of staying at this particular hotel twice within a couple month's span. The first time was horrible and I'm not sure why we decided to give them a second chance. But I'm mildly happy that we did stay for a second time as it was a much better experience.

Trip 1 - June 2012

We arrived and went to check in, the hateful desk clerk mentioned by others, gave us a room that was not just near the lobby, it opened into the lobby! When I said that we had asked for a "quiet room" and not one that opened into the lobby of a sold-out hotel she became even more rude. She said that there was no indication in our reservation that we had asked for a quiet room and that the room offered was all that she had since "your group has the hotel totally full". Problem with that statement was that we were not with a group and that when I made the reservation on-line, I did make the quiet room request. When I mentioned this to her, her head almost blew off. She then lectures me on the fact that I needed to put in "special" requests at the time of making an on-line reservation etc. etc. She then gives us a room on the first floor which was ok but across from the indoor swimming pool. The room had a funky smell (dogs??), an inch of dust on the furniture, carpets were dirty, someone elses clothes left in the dresser drawers, two hangers in the closet, noise from every room around us and above us so no soundproofing, and dogs EVERYWHERE!!! I like dogs but it was a bit unnerving that everytime we left or came back to the room, people with dogs were outside the hotel, in the lobby, in the hallway, EVERYWHERE. The final straw for this stay was a raucous party outside our door which was outside the indoor pool late at night even though the pool supposedly closed at 10 pm. The front desk person had to have heard it. I eventually called to complain and to her credit, she did come down and ask the group to disperse. All in all, very unhappy with this stay.

Trip 2 - Better Experience - July 2012

Two months later, we braved staying in this hotel a second time simply because it was $50 cheaper per night than the Fairfield, Comfort Suites, Hampton, etc. Can someone explain to me why hotel rooms in Etown are more expensive thanLouisville & Lexington but the quality is much worse? But I digress.

This trip, check-in was great. Different desk clerk was friendly, asked if we needed anything else, offered us cookies baked at the hotel, told us where our room was located, etc. Everytime we entered or exited through the lobby she acknowledged us. The service was like night and day. The room was a quiet one and on the third floor! Didn't see a single dog in the halls this time or the lobby. Room was clean. None of the problems from the first visit with cleanliness. AC a bit noisy but worked well which was good since it was 90+ degrees during our stay. Refrig/microwave combo nice to have in the room for soft drinks, etc. Beds good, not great, but good. Decent pillows and linens. Nice flat screen TV with lots of cable channels! For the price, it was good.

One odd thing during this visit......first full day at the hotel, no one cleaned our room. The dirty towels were removed but no new ones left, beds not made, bathroom not cleaned, etc. I had to ask for towels at the front desk and when she asked why, I told her we had none. She seemed puzzled. Day 2, same thing happened. Looked like the owner (Mr. Patel) was the housekeeping staff since he collected the dirty towels or maybe they didn't have enough towels so they had to wash what they had and replace them once done. But this does not explain why the room wasn't cleaned at all. We had no tissues or TP since it ran out quickly and no extras were left for replacement if you needed it between cleanings.

A few of other observations.......you might not see these things if you only stay one night......

1. The room decor needs updating.
2. What kind of hotel has a "dresser" with only two drawers? How is a family staying more than one night supposed to prioritize who gets to use the drawers? There was room for four drawers like dressers in most hotels, but this one had only two. Saving money perhaps?
3. The flat screen was great. However, move the mirror attached to the wall from behind the TV so that you can use it.
4. Not enough staff. It is clear that they have a skeleton crew working at the hotel. Again, trying to save money?
5. Breakfast was marginal. Danish and bagels were cut into 1/4ths. Cups for juice/milk were the size of paper cups you would use in your bathroom for rinsing. There was a hot waffle maker though and cereal.

I don't want to seem nitpicky because like I said, it was $50 cheaper than hotels right next to it but, it appears that so many corners are being cut that it felt at times like a Motel 6.

Room Tip: Any restaurant imaginable is located a short drive awar on Dixie Highway. Also a Barnes & Noble...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank KYSunnyOne
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We arrived at hotel around 5PM . After long day of driving. I had my my printed itenerary and handed it to the female receptionist , she didnt even look at it an rudely said whats your name . She then said rudely do you have a pet you put in for first floor. I stated no I dont..She gave us our room number and key packaged. We drove around back and parked car, got our luggage and went to room . We noticed a carpet laying/cleaning company on way in ,right in front of our room . Should have been a clue. When we went in room I immediately smelled an odor. My wife said I smell smoke, and I replied smells like wet dog to me. It was not terrible but room needed to be better sanitised/deordorized. My wife went to front desk to ask for WI-Fi code and ask if a dog had stay in our room. Wife said the same rude person said I had been informed of pets. Which is not true. I understand the hotel is pet friendly. But should not be pet stinky. The unprofessional and rude disposition of one employee ruined our one day stay and I will assure you is a bad reflection on the la Quinta good name. I read review from Laquinta, priceline and other. It mentioned smell in rooms. Rude desk clerks,etc.My opionion Mr. Patel needs to makes some changes in employees and attitudes.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

4 Thank jhannah68
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My family had reservations to stay with a group of people. We made our reservations and received our confirmation via email. When called to verify our reservation a few days later we were included in the wrong group. We were assured that this was corrected. When we actually showed up with the printed out confirmation the hotel had no record of our reservation and there was actually somebody elses name on our confirmation number. Later that night we asked to for a late check out for the next day which would be 1PM, however the next day room service knocked on our door 4 times! When we questioned the front desk we were told they had no record of us having a late check out! The staff here needs to get their business together. The hotel was resonably clean and the breakfast was okay. In the future I will spend the extra few dollars and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor. Otherwise you will hear the people above you stomping around.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends