“Excellent Sushi!!!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Appling, Georgia
“Excellent Sushi!!!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Sim Steak and Sushi should be ashamed of themselves. Any place that has sushi this fresh, in Kentucky, must be doing something illegal. For my first visit, I was beyond pleased. I walked in, and the place was about half full, at 5:15 PM on a Friday night. The "hostess" was busy, so I started walking towards a table. At that point, I was seated at the table I was standing beside. I was given my drink, and a menu. After a few minutes, I must have had a confused look on my face, because my Waitress Cecilia asked if she could help. I advised that this was my first visit, and needed some assistance. She picked out a few things that she liked, so I ordered them. I wanted a steak, and did not see them, so I told her I wanted a NY Strip, medium rare. In about ten minutes or so, she brought my sushi order. I ordered the California roll, which I am very familiar with. I ordered a veggie roll, just to try, and I ordered the Rainbow Roll, which Cecilia recommended. All three rolls were great!! About five minutes later, my steak came out. Now, I was expecting an 8, 10, or 12 ounce steak. However, what I received were steak PIECES. They cut the steak into bite size pieces, before they cook it. So my steak was ready to eat, literally. Well, after one bite, I was hooked. It was perfectly prepared, minimally seasoned, and exactly medium rare. Long story short, somehow, I finished my steak and sushi, loving every bite of the experience. So much so that I ordered another four rolls to take home, for snacks on Saturday. I will be back, and most likely, within a few days. As a side note, by the time I departed, not only was I stuffed, but so was the restaurant. By 5:30 or so, people were standing in the doorway, waiting to be seated. And, no one seemed eager to leave due to the wait. Very nice.

• Visited February 2014

“So so....nothing special”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Pricey, small, and extremely basic.
Sushi was ok, not much better than you would get at the standard Chinese buffet.
Service marginal.
A valiant attempt at a sushi place, but they need to step up their game if they want to make it.

Elizabethtown, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ok, not great”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The sushi is good, not great. The prices are fair. My biggest complaint is the dish soap smell on all of the tables; you can smell it as soon as you walk in. They need to change the table cleaner. I only eat in this city when im too lazy to drive to Louisville. Elizabethtown as a whole is lacking in the nice to fine restaurant department

Elizabethtown, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best sushi in Elizabethtown, KY”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have been to all of the Asian restaurants in Hardin County and Sim Sushi has the best sushi there is!!! I love sushi. The location is perfect; the brick plaza setting reminds me of eating out in Atlanta, GA (home) and the staff is so nice. The sushi is delicious and well as the desert and the green tea. I have been 5 times since its opening and will be going every weekend for my deserved "treat" I absolutely love it! I am so glad that there is finally a sushi restuarant that reminds me of home. Please go check it out.....you will be greatly please and your stomach will be happily satisfied! :)

1 Thank Mia B
Magnolia, Kentucky, United States
“Finally an excellent reasonable priced Japanese restaurant”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Reasonably priced sushi created by the best sushi man in etown. Fresh delicious excellent presentation and the waitstaff rocks. The music is current the decor simple and bright. Love it. Been here three times in 7 days.

1 Thank Denise M