“Excellent!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed September 11, 2012

9-6-12 First visit, but had heard about how nice Stone Hearth was. My brother had taken my mother there for her birthday recently. Both Mother and Father had dined there previously and enjoyed it thoroughly. I have dined at some of the best restaurants around the U.S. and abroad. Overall it was an excellent experience based on the following:
1. Cleanliness - very clean; 2. Atmosphere - good feeling, and smelled good; 3. Decor - tasteful, and well maintained; 4. Staff - very friendly, helpful, and seemed to genuinely enjoy their patrons; 5. Efficiency - promptly took orders, prepared, and brought food (also excellent well-supplied soup & salad bar); 6. Food - attractively served, and tasted great!, portions appropriate to price; 7. Price - competitive; 8. Bonus: When one of the staff overheard that my 8-year old son had a birthday the previous week, they brought a delicious small cake for him, with candle, and enough to share with Mom and Dad. About as nice a place overall as you will likely find in any city the size of Elizabethtown.

There are newer reviews for Stone Hearth Restaurant

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Five of us were driving down I-65 on business, this was an unexpected reward for spending 5 hours on the road. We ordered 2 Filets, the Swordfish, the Salmon Mojito, and the Bleu Cheese Portabella Filet - everybody was very happy with their choice. Although, I do regret not getting a bigger filet - the one I ordered was so good, I wanted more. The salad bar was excellent, the service was very good, and the restaurant was comfortable. I will definitely recommend Stone Hearth to any friends or colleagues who have the opportunity to stop in the area.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stop in at this restaurant whenever I am traveling along I-65 at meal time. The food is always good, they fill your glass with water or tea and the staff is always attentive. Salad bar is great and so far in many years I have never had a bad meal. The plus is this is a local restaurant and not part of a chain.

Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoyed Stone Hearth. I am from out of state so this place was a nice suggestion by someone in the area. The service was great. The bartender was super friendly and the owner really helped make sure we enjoyed ourselves. Food was great as well

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Our first choice was the Indian restaurant listed on trip advisor, but they closed up, so based on the reviews we came here. I ordered the Kentucky ribeye and my wife ordered the honey lime tilapia. Her tilapia was very good. My steak i ordered medium, it came cooked uneven, it ranged from medium to medium rare to very rare. The salad bar was fresh and was the best part of my meal. The service was a little light and could have corrected the rare steak, but the wait was so long I gave the part to my wife. The restaurant was not extraordinarily busy, why it took so long to the check remains unknown. The overall experience was about average.