“Bad experience”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Ryan's Grill Buffet & Bakery
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The breakfast buffet is a great idea. Great if the execution is on point. Sadly, Ryan's has a long way to go before becoming a good restaurant. Staff are friendly enough but that cannot make up for bad food. Either the food has been sitting too long or it is not cooked enough. My husband loves bacon but who wants to eat bacon that isn't even cooked properly? An assistant manager saw me picking through the bacon and offered to go throw it back into the fryer. While I appreciated the gesture it did not make it more palatable. Thumbs down. My husband refuses to return.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Good food, great selection, and helpful staff. The waiters could be a little more prompt with the drinks, but the servers and counter person couldn't have been nicer.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We were very happy to find a Ryan's while on vacation as all those in Virginia have closed. Thank you, Kentucky! The food was good, as always, and the cashier was very friendly. Their cabbage, which is very bland at most buffet restaurants, was seasoned perfectly like my grandma used to do. The only reason I am not giving 5 stars is that there were no labels for most foods so I was not sure what some things were.

Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Half full on week day evening. Food looked fresh. I watched staff clean the buffet lines and stir the entrees every 10 minutes and adjust for presentation. Great value as its all you can eat. Salad bar was big, with lots of fruit. Prime rib was sliced of the stock. I asked the server for horseradish and he said they didn't have any. The manager must of overheard because he said he bring me some, and came back with a cup for me. Very friendly staff, and my glass was never more than half empty. Kids said lets go back tomorrow.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

We decided to eat at Ryan's for dinner. I had never been to one before and my boyfriend had only been to one in Chicago. Overall, everything on the buffet was just average. They had enough choices to fill us up, but we would probably not go back to this location or any other.