“The Wolf Spider Inn”
Review of Homegate Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Elizabethtown
Homegate Inn
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Ithis was not our first time staying here, but it was by far the worst experience that I have ever had in my life at any hotel/motel/inn or even the worst roach motel imaginable! I was awakened around 6am to a pain on my arm and when looked I saw a huge spider that is at least (and this is not even being sarcastic) 4 1/2" long and just the body itself was at least 2" long. I immediately let the front desk attendant know about the situation and even caught the discgusting spider to show him and he instructed us to take the spider back to our room (which we had still alive in a plastic cup!) And wait until management arrived the next morning. As soon as I returned back to the room I immediately started searching for more spiders in the room and to my disappointment I found a ridiculous amount in every single corner plus several sacks where there were so very many still crawling on them. There was not a corner on the floor and ceiling, crack, door way, anywhere that did not have spiders and webs crawling everywhere! So as I'm sure you can imagine it was impossible to ever relax enough after all of that to ever be able to fall back to sleep. Once the manager had arrived that morning he didn't even bother to say sorry, not once! He just continued to raise his voice at me and repeat that it wasn't their fault and they give absolutely no full reimbursements under any circumstance and that we were no longer welcome to stay there at any time in the future! I was never so discgusted and insulted at not only any employee anywhere but at a manager who is supposed to have the best interest of his establishment which also means the best interest of his customers as a priority. This whole entire time I managed to keep a calm and respective attitude towards him and the rest of the employees and even after handing him the spider in the cup, once we were told to leave and they had no intention on trying to make a horrible experience for us a little less disturbing, I asked him if I could have the spider back so that I could at least take it to the health department with me so that I could show them what I had been bitten by and he grabbed the cup and pitched it at me! What if the spider had come out of the cup?! I don't. Know which was worse the actual bite from the spider or the lack of care, responsibility, and concern given by the hotel management. I wasn't asking a lot of them, just some genuine concern and regret for the situation happening would have done more than please me, but the hateful attitude given to me has done more than discgust me and now I have the concern and responsibility for future possible guests/customers to warn them about certain situations that they could realistically expect from a visit/stay at this location. I do not want to send an unclear message that by staying here you will certainly wake up getting bit by spiders and/or finding a disturbing amount of spiders staying and sharing your room with you, but if this happened to me I don't believe that anyone else should be nieve enough to be unrealistic and think that it isn't a possibility for it to happen to them. I have several pictures and videos of all of the evidence and since I can't post that here so I am going to find somewhere that I can do. I will post later what I find out from the doctor about the bite and where I have been able to place all of the pictures and videos, and believe me, there are plenty and there is no doubt of the neglegence from this facility.

• Stayed: September 2012
6  Thank jjsmommy0886

Reviewed April 16, 2012

I called and reviewed a room at Homegate Inn on Friday, April 13th. I needed a 2 bed room, smoking. The woman on the phone said that was no problem, took my name down, reinstated that I had a 2 bed room, smoking, reserved for the next night, Saturday April 14th. When I show up to get the keys and check in, the woman behind the counter was very rude. She asked my name, then told me she had no reservation for me. That's fine, I know wires get crossed. So I told her I needed a 2 bed room, smoking. She tells me they don't have smoking. That's fine, I don't know why the woman on the phone asked me, but allright. So she says it's the last room she has, 2 bed room, no smoking. I say that's fine, I'll take that. I show my I.D and start to fill out my information. She says, no more than 2, okay? Well, that's not okay. Why would I get only a 2 bed room for 2 people who are obviously together? Not only that, when I asked her why no more than 2, she asked if the other people were adults. (There are two 22 year olds, a 23 year old, and a 28 year old who are all adults, obviously.) I said yes, we're all over 21. Then she proceeds to tell me she has seniors, and she refuses to rent to me. I said well, I called, I reserved the room, and was told I would get one. She says she is sorry, but she is not going to rent to me because we are too young. WE ARE TOO YOUNG. Excuse me, but I'm pretty sure that's called age discrimination. So while my crew and I are in our car, trying to figure out what to do now, (we hadn't planned on this happening, and most hotels in Etown fill up rather quickly) she walks out of the office, stands adjacent to our car, and stares me down until I start the car and pull out. I don't have to explain why this was absolutely wrong and uncalled for, I'm sure you can deduce that yourself.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Abby W
Reviewed April 24, 2011

We were heading to Pensacola Beach, Florida and were looking for a clean, bed bug free place to sleep for a few hours. Sadly, that is becoming something that is harder to find these days. We have stayed at many of the other choices in the area previously, and ended up sleeping in our clothes. This hotel was a surprise, in a great way. The owners are putting a lot of effort into fixing what needs fixing. Part of the funky charm is what they simply let be- for example, the bathroom was huge by hotel standards. It had a new shower/tub enclosure, but the original green ceramic tiles, with an interesting paint finish for the walls. Rather retro, but with personality, and SUPER clean. The bedding was fresh ans SUPER clean. The carpet was new. Furniture was typical hotel stuff, but they had a useful table and 2 chairs, which we used for both a laptop desk and a spot to eat. Our teenage son liked the hotel and appreciated the usefullness of everything in the room, as well as how clean it was. I can't imagine that too many people will come through this town except on their way to go somewhere else- but this place was a FIND! Thanks to the owners and the the other trip advisor reviewers who helped steer us to this hotel.

Room Tip: Clean, great value, convenient
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank CreativeWiz
Reviewed November 16, 2010

Stopped here on the road through Kentucky. It is in the process of being renovated so it might not look totally appealing, but for the price it can't be beat.

We had an uneventful stay and the rooms were appropriate for the price.

Was very quiet despite proximity to the road.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mpretlove
Reviewed October 31, 2010

We stayed here while traveling from Western Kentucky to Eastern Kentucky. I used the Tripadvisor website to choose this particular hotel. What a sad mistake. When I called to make a reservation, the lady could barely speak enough English to take the reservation. I was on edge about this and attempted to confirm the reservation several times hoping to get someone else and language wouldn't be a barrier in this process. This lady answered the phone every time I called. I decided to take the chance and keep the reservation. When we arrived, it was about 10:00 PM. The parking lot was littered with furnishing from rooms and sacks of trash were sitting all over the side walk. There were even toilets sitting in the parking lot. We were greeted promptly at the front desk and shown to our room. It was clean enough to stay in (barely) and that is the best I can say about this place. There wasn't enough water to take a shower or even wash up. The bathroom needed major renovations. The carpet in the room needed replaced years ago. There was a power strip that had too many electrical appliances plugged into it which causes a hazard. Aren't these places ever inspected to insure public safety? Look at the the other Tripadvisor reviews. This is the only place a review has ever been left by the reviewers. I would never stay here again if I had a choice.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank gto64
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Youngray B&B is now Homegate Inn. I have been staying here on a week to week basis for a month and the room is very nice, clean and plenty of room. I have a King bed, sofa, and kitchenette table, 2 chairs. It has a small/dorm refrigerator, microwave, basic cable TV, and full dresser and 2 bedside dressers. The new owners are working to clean up the exterior so don't let the street view make you pass it by. The owners are very nice couple who acquired the property a couple months ago and have done a lot of work, and continue daily to do work. I have no complaints and would stay here anytime.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank gyoung121555
Reviewed August 20, 2009

Good comfortable rooms,very reasonably priced,great location,friendly management & staff.lighted very well.Rooms are very clean.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo