From Michigan, I was heading with a friend of mine down to Nashville over a weekend in March 2014. We drove partway down to Nashville Friday night and did the rest of the drive Saturday morning. I wanted to stay somewhere in the Louisville area Friday night, but unfortunately there was some big event going on in Louisville that weekend which caused a whole bunch of hotels to be outrageously priced. I always use TripAdvisor reviews as well as price to determine where I'll stay, but I simply could not find anything reasonable in Louisville for Friday night - so I was forced to continue on to Elizabethtown where I found this Super 8 for the night.
It was about an 8-hour drive from my home in Michigan, so we didn't arrive at this Super 8 until about 11:30 p.m. that Friday night. The guy at the front desk was trying to call me - asking when I'd be arriving. I didn't get his message until later, but my guess is that he was calling because I was the last guest to check in that night. (I'm not used to hotels calling me when I'm traveling - especially in this case, because it seemed like the kind of hotel that has someone at the front desk 24/7.) Maybe he kept getting people asking if a room was available, and he thankfully didn't give my room away to someone else! I guess if he'd known I wasn't coming he would have offered my room to another guest.
Anyway, none of that was a big deal. We stayed in a room on the first floor, where it appeared that all the rooms were non-smoking. (Neither of us can stand cigarette smoke.) The entire first-floor hallway wreaked of smoke. Nasty. We finally got out of that nastiness when we entered our room. The room was okay, but the cleanliness in the bathroom was questionable - some loose hairs around the sink, the bathtub looked like it needed to be cleaned, etc. Needless to say, I was not impressed at all. Fortunately, I got a decent night's sleep.
Usually when I stay at a hotel that offers some kind of free breakfast, I take advantage of that and eat whatever is there. Well, given my experience at this Super 8 so far and given the apparent lack of variety of breakfast options (all I saw were a waffle iron, some pastries, and juice/coffee), I told my friend I wasn't all that impressed with the breakfast options so we ended up going to a McDonald's nearby.
I will say that the process of checking in and checking out were both easy. No complaints there. This Super 8 has an indoor pool that was closed when we were there (not sure what the pool hours were, but we were only there between, say, 11:30 p.m. and 9 a.m.). No hot tub or anything.
One other good thing to say is that this hotel is very conveniently located off I-65.
Based on my experience, I will not stay at this Super 8 again. Other people may not have a problem with it, but I definitely did. (Usually my reviews are pretty positive. This was an exception.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated in 2009, room amenities include 32" flat screen LCD TV's with cable including free HBO, CNN, ESPN, and over 60 channels in all rooms. Free high-speed wireless internet access, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer, radio alarm clock, and voicemail in all rooms. Property amenities include a Super Start breakfast each morning, indoor swimming pool, 24-hour front desk service, guest laundry and coffee in the lobby. Pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 Elizabethtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Elizabethtown Hotel Elizabethtown
- Super Eight Elizabethtown
- Elizabethtown Super 8
- Elizabethtown Super Eight