“Good food and large portions”
Review of El Acapulco

El Acapulco
Ranked #33 of 129 Restaurants in Elizabethtown
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is one of the best Mexican restaurants when it comes to food, but the tables are a little too close, especially in the front area, for it to be a good atmosphere. The portions are large and the value for the money is good.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

My wife and I were looking to try a different place to eat. We decided on Mexican and used "Siri" on my iphone to find this one called El Acapulco. It turned out to be a good choice. Not fancy, but a good, clean, friendly restaurant that serves good looking and good tasting Mexican cuisine. The prices are more than reasonable for the amount of food you get and the staff was very friendly and courteous.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

If you want good Mexican food, this is the place.

Reviewed September 3, 2011

We visit this restaurant frequently and just love it! Huge portions of delicious food at very reasonable prices - and even less expensive when we use our "15% discount" card! We have tried many of the dishes on the very extensive menu, and enjoy them all. Our favorite is Pollo Loco, which is easily large enough (the dinner portion) for two to split. The entire staff is Mexican, and they are extremely knowledgable and friendly. They are quick to make nearly any substitution requested, and the service is fast and efficient. Chips and salsa (both hot and mild) are served free, but you really should try the cheese dip! If you like Mexican - Tex/Mex food, you will love El Acapulco!

Reviewed August 19, 2011

Located arcoss from the Hospital on Dixie Highway. And (this is important) almost in sight of two other Mexican places.
Went for lunch, was not crowded but customers steadily filtered in. I have seen this place really crowded and wanted to try it as it is the newest ( probably been open two months at the time) Mexican restaurant in town.
The menu and pricing was typical of any other menu of a Mexican place.
I ordered a combo that included a chili relleno, wasn't remarkable and wasn't bad. My wife ordered a combo that came with rice and beans. She asked for no beans and double rice. Waiter seemed to understand. Our orders came in a respectable amount of time, and you guessed it. Wife’s plate had single order of beans and single order of rice. Waiter said "Hot plate" and left. Ten minutes later he comes to the table and asks if everything was ok. We told him that our order was wrong as far as the rice and beans are concerned. He (I am not kidding about this) shrugged his shoulders and lifted his palms up and walked away. He returned another 10 minutes later and asked if she now wanted the rice. She told him no.
We got our ticket and went to pay. I was determined to mention the service to whoever was at the register. I was not looking for a free/reduced ticket or even a discount coupon for a return visit as I knew already there would be no return visit. Our waiter was the one at the register. I told him that the shoulder shrug/palms to the sky was not the reaction we were after when we complained that the order was wrong. He told me that we should have pointed out the error when the food was brought and not after she ate half of it. We did not have time to inspect the plates when they were set on the table. He set them and left hastily. She did not want the beans, did not eat the beans and they were still on the plate when he came by to ask if everything was ok.
We will never darken their doorway again. There are several other Mexican places in town that are far superior in service and food.