“Great Attreaction for Free!”

Swope's Cars of Yesteryear Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: "... a wonderful collection, and it's FREE! Thank you" a recent visitor. The Swope's Cars of Yesteryear Museum features vehicles ranging from the early 1900's to the 1960's in a variety of makes and models in both original condition and restored condition. After years of planning and nine months of construction, Swope`s Cars of Yesteryear opened in May 1999. The collection consists of sixty magnificent machines of the past, all museum quality. These are exciting automobiles that stir memories of long ago days when motoring was a fun-filled adventure. Our museum allows car fans and collectors to admire the progression of automobiles over time. Our collection includes antique cars like the 1914 Model T and the 1925 Pierce Arrow to classics like the 1969 Chevrolet Camaro and the 1956 Thunderbird.
Lexington, Kentucky
“Great Attreaction for Free!”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

If you are a antique or classic car person, don't miss a great deal at Swope's Cars of Yesteryear Museum in Elizabethtown, KY. It features autos from the early 1900's to the 60's. All in great condition. And it's all free, a service of one of Kentucky's larger auto dealers. I have paid to be admitted to many museums which did not have this class of collection. All are in great condition and each has a short history of the vehicle and the company which made it. Don't miss all the Packards and the LaSalle. Plan to spend at least an hour or two.

Florida Panhandle, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Outstanding collection of classic cars”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Swope's car museum was a delightful find. It had numerous cars that are in perfect condition. My favorites included a LaSalle from the 1930's and a Jaguar in British racing green from 1952.

Even more surprising than the extensive collection of vintage autos is that there is no admission fee. We were free to wander around, take photos of the autos and admire them as long as we desired. The museum is located on the lot of one of the car lots owned by Mr. Swope, the owner of the collection.

I have been to a few auto museums. There were cars here I had not seen, including vintage Packards, Rolls-Royces, Jags, etc.

All in all, if you are in Elizabethtown and have a love of vintage cars, this is a museum not to be missed.

Fort Knox, Kentucky
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Fun and free!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Took my two young boys to the car museum one weekday morning. The museum is well designed and very clean. The docent on staff, Judith, was just lovely and very well informed. Impressed with the cars, and learned quite a bit from the information in front of each display. Plan to take out of town guests here in the future. Free and fun! Stayed about 30 min.

1 Thank Rachel G
Vine Grove, Kentucky
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Swope Auto Museum”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Great place for the car collector or enthusist-took my son's and grandchildren there was amazed at all the cars-beautiful old cars even had one just like my original first car a 1953 Chev.

2 Thank Mae H
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Loved Swope....!”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

I found out about Swope Car Museum when I visited Elizabethtown Family. http://www.elizabethtownfamily.com

It was really a great experience with our three small children! We went for about 45 min.and my kids loved seeing all the different style and different color cars.

I wish that we had cars presently that were as vibrant and stylish!

This is a great FREE activity to do. But I am so serious when I say that http://www.Elizabehtownfamily.com was what helped us find so many great things to do in Elizabethtown, Fort Knox and our area.

Visited November 2011