All reviews rose room bayside room cumberland river breakfast was delicious suite property
Reviewed October 1, 2018

Stayed over night on a trip from BTV to SW harbor Maine. Wonderful restored farm house. Lots of history. Comfortable bed for sleeping. Direct access to hot tub and sauna. Amazing breakfast. Great service.
Choose from a menu. Maine blueberry pancakes with local maple syrup (warm). Perfect. Walked around the property and found many different kinds of mushrooms. But forgot my autobon mushroom book.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2018

We stayed at Maple Hill on our way cross country. The room was spacious and the bed was delightfully comfortable. We brought a picnic and sat on the porch overlooking the Cumberland River- just beautiful! We will definitely stay again as we make the drive often to see family.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

Very nice Victorian home. Clean comfortable rooms. Friendly courteous hostess. The most spectacular views of the Cumberland River. Great breakfast. The hostess has spent a great amount of time decorating, and has done a great job. This is a lovely place to stay. I highly recommend this place

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2018

We spent a couple nights in the detached Lakeside Suite and enjoyed it immensely. It is a cozy little cottage, Fixer Upper-style decor, with a private screened porch overlooking the Lake Barkley. The porch was the perfect place to sit and listen to the night sounds or savor the delicious basket breakfast our gracious hostess provided. The bed was fabulously comfortable, and the suite was quiet and private. Overall a wonderful experience!

Room tip: lake view, very private
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

The house was interesting. The pre civil war history and all. Large rooms great view of the lake. However I️ would never return. The host is than accommodating. Out of site out of mind kind of host. Any questions was met with a look of REALLY. like we was a bother to be there. In formed her I️ was a diabetic and she fixes waffles with absolutely nothing a diabetic could eat.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank World-wide-rooster
maplehill, Owner at Maple Hill Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2017

I wish you had told me prior to breakfast that you were a diabetic and not after. I asked when we toured the dining room upon your arrival if there were any allergy to any foods and that was the time to let me know you were a diabetic. I grocery shop prior to arrival not after, that is why I send, Text prior to arrival with reference to meals being served here at Maple Hill. There was no response to that as well. Try as I might I cannot read minds as to what guest are allergic to or cannot eat. Since we are a small B&B yes I do have to leave and run errands from time to time and I let guest know that they can text me as you did... We try not to bother and hover over guest while here for a relaxing and quiet get a way. I apologize for the REALLY look...I was taken back at breakfast when you did not want your white cran peach juice at the end of breakfast and the other guest had commented how much they liked it while they were pouring more into their glass from the carafe... and then the insisting that they take it and handed them your glass. They felt very uncomfortable being handed a glass from your place setting after you had finished eating. I was a little embarrassed for them. Yes we do have large rooms and yes the view of the lake is great.