“Good value with the travel coupon.”
Review of Value Stay

Value Stay
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Dry Ridge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Orion, Michigan
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We made a reservation the first week of Aug 2012 to stay Saturday September 1st.... The gentleman of course was really sweet. "Thank you....hope you enjoy your stay" blah blah blah !!! We had to cancel ONE WEEK PRIOR to our arrival. The gentleman was again nice "Thank you for calling and letting us know..reservation has been canceled...your all set" was his response. Nothing more,nothing less. My bank statement reflected a full nights charge, which then put my account in the negative. I called the hotel..the phone rang and rang and rang....ridiculas! So then I called the customer service number...explained the situation...she said that I should hear something back by the 10th of September. Of course, I heard nothing back, so I called again...the girl was snotty...very arguementative with me and stated that I wouldnt receive my money back (according to the hotel) because I wasnt able to provide a cancel number...WTH? The guy never gave me one in the first place. I have never had to cancel before so I didnt know to ask for one. Not only did they take an entire night fee, they overdrew my account. Have they tried to justify their behavior or apologize or try to make up for their "boo boo" ...no.... not once.... This about principle and I will be taking this further.Do I sound like a [--]. I probably do and I apologize for that folks BUT I didnt do anything to deserve this.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KarlaCollins
Clare, Michigan, United States
Reviewed April 19, 2012

My husband were driving from mid-Michigan to Orland last May and had reached the end of our rope. We had worked all day and been on the road since 5 and it was now after 11. We felt that we had no choice but to get some sleep in and head out again in the morning. The next exit and first sign of upcoming "relief" was Dry Ridge, and the first hotel we spotted was the Super 8. The location was perfect. Right off the exit, next to McDonalds.. and frankly we didn't care at this point. We just wanted sleep. I should have known something was up right from the parking lot. Pothole city! Then inside the miniscule lobby we waited behind two other couples who looked to be in the same situation as we were. The desk clerk wasn't friendly, and it tooks us nearly 45 minutes to get a room key. We weren't asked if we had any sort of preferences or anything, but again by this point we didn't care. The hallway was dark and grimy; musty smelling too. Entering the room was an even better treat! The entire thing smelled musty and was about 90 degrees. So I dropped everything on the bed and went right over to the air conditioner (which worked, thankfully) and discovered the first issue. The hole in the floor next to the wall. I mean BLATANT hole in the floor. I could tell that this wasn't a situation where getting a refund was going to happen and I wasn't up for a fight so we let it go. Upon futher inspection of the room, there were stains on both the "sitting" chair and desk chair in the room, the dresser was falling apart, the outlet that the tv was plugged into had two adapters plugged in to allow more appliances to be plugged in and had about 6 items plugges in, the electrical outlet behind the bed (as in actually TOUCHING the pillows) did not have a face plate on it! (we moved the bed away from the wall), the bedspread had not been washed this century ( I removed it from the bed at my husband's protest - we WOULD just deal), and the bathroom was grey - not painted, just hadn't be cleaned for so long that white wasn't a color left in this room. Then to top the experiance off, when I got up to use the bathroom in the night, I flipped on the lights to watch the bugs scatter. I let my hubby sleep a little longer so that somebody would get some sort of rest before we drove to Florday the next day, but we were gone before 8 am the next morning! NEVER AGAIN! I don't care how tired you are, DO NOT STOP HERE!

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here. Keep moving.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ashley P

Travelers are raving about these Dry Ridge hotels

Houghton Lake, Michigan
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We have stayed at this same Super 8 about 7 years in a row. We didn't come last year. But this time back, has guaranteed we will NEVER be back!!! It was Terrible!! We got 2 rooms, one for us & and our 2 teen daughters and one for our 2 teen sons. The lady at the service desk, was NOT friendly at all! She was grumpy, like it was a bother to wait on us. There was no TV button in our room and without it the tv only got 1 channel. When my husband went to ask for another, she said isnt it bedtime its too late for tv. (midnight). Then I had to take the blankets down to the front desk as they had dried vomit or something on them, along with burn holes the size of silver dollars. (nonsmoking room). The pillows were so worn out it was like chunks of them were missing. The tub was filthy. Had not been cleaned in a long time. They ran out of waffles before 8:30a, when breakfast was suppose to be served til 9a. and they dont give butter for them. The bathroom walls were filthy, they hadnt been cleaned. And the door of the other room was broken, Like someone broke in and broke the door handle and that made it very difficult to get the key to work. We will NEVER be back to stay! Next time we will keep on driving to another town & another hotel.

Room Tip: There are none!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RondaSpears
Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed January 22, 2012

My wife and 3 year old and I were on our way back to Atlanta from Buffalo. We had stayed in this hotel about 5 years earlier and we don't remember it being this bad. It smelled musty. The carpet looked like something out of a 1970s adult film and it was not very clean at all. The bathroom was terrible, complete with cracked tiles, dirt and other unknown sediments in the corners, and the bathtub had a black film on the bottom where you would normally put your feet. It looked like the bathroom had not been clean in months. The Microwave had multiple brown specs all over the inside of it. The chair at the desk had some kind of an unknown stain on it that was about a foot in diameter. I took one of the pillows out of the pillow cases. It looked like it had years of collected drool and urine on it because the pillow was supposed to be white, but it was mostly yellow. Another thing I had a problem with the hotel as a whole, was the side entrance. The side entrance door was out of the view of the desk clerk and did not have any type of locking mechanism. There were also no surveillance cameras covering this entrance. So it would have been possible for anyone to get into the hotel without the desk clerk aware of it. We were so disgusted that we didn't even risk showering when we woke up and just left. When I said something to the morning desk clerk, he told me that I should've said something last night. My rationale for not bothering, was if our room was this disgusting, could they really have been able to provide something better. NO WAY! This place should be shut down!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank highspeedbmf
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Since I live locally and needed a room for family for Christmas, i looked here. This place needs to be burnt to the ground. That is all.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank GHawg
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We stopped here on our way back from an event at the Horse Park in Lexington. The check in fellow was cold and rude. We had called ahead and asked about parking because we were pulling a travel trailer with a refrigerator that need to be level. That was a challenge right off the bat. The room we were assigned was stinky beyond explanation. We were given a new room, but told by the same unfriendly desk fellow that they allowed dogs so all the room would smell that way!!! The second room was better, but just gross and dirty. There was mold around the tub and carpet was very stained and shabby. Beds were saggy and uncomfortable. To top things off in the morning there was NO BREAKFAST..just some of the worst coffee we had ever had. We were told that there was not a charge for breakfast so we were not out anything by not having breakfast. Don't go there!!!

Room Tip: Do not choose this motel!!!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
#2 of 3 in Richwood
Best Western Inn Florence
Best Western Inn Florence
#3 of 26 in Florence

Been to Value Stay? Share your experiences!