“Return visit, still good place to stay! Friendly staff, welcoming.”

Hampton Inn Dry Ridge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dry Ridge
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed here before, still making reservations and keeping this Hampton on my list of good experiences. This Hampton is easy to reach from the interstate, the staff is always welcoming and I've never had problems with reservations or with late arrivals. I like the available parking in a well-lit area close to the entrance. The breakfast is good, the dining area clean. No complaints about the hotel room. Comfortable beds, clean bathroom. A nice place to stop for the night. Another nice touch are the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and cookies available to guests arriving late in the evening! Will keep coming back to this Hampton.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed August 25, 2012

This place is always my choice any time I come to this area.
I have stayed at this Hampton Inn many times over the last 8 years and have always enjoyed the clean rooms, friendly service, good breakfast and restful nights of sleep.

A good lot out front for when I have may trailer with me is a plus.
I will always return any time I am in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Very pleasent and helpful staff ! Lots of smiles ! Rooms and hotel clean and quiet ! Not a great location for a long stay but perfect for a rest before heading down the road ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank pfe727s
Reviewed August 1, 2012

What struck me most was how comfortable the bed was and how great my sleep was. Staff was friendly and efficient and courteous, KUDOS. We couldn't really use them but the pool and fitness areas looked nice and inviting. Breakfast was as expected, generic but generous and included for the rate so can't complain (wish that US chain hotels could even approach the authenticity of even basic European accomodations as far as that is concerned, maybe have a couple of things less but have the bread bakery fresh, etc).
All in all we were really happy to have made this hotel our home for one night!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dhirjasu
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Agreed with other review that is ready for an updated, but really no issues at all. Friendly staff and everything was clean.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank TyleratCP
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We have used this hotel many times in the past 5 years but we couldn't help but notice after our stay last evening that it is losing some of its edge. While we enjoyed a quiet and peaceful stay an found our room clean and comfortable, it is obvious there is wear and tear that is taking its toll on the facility. We stayed on second floor and had to request another room after the first one reeked of smoke despite obvious attempts to mask it with deodorizes of some sort. The hallway carpeting had several large stains and the hall A/C had a towel under it to absorb drips. The room was clean but showed numerous signs of abuse by previous travelers -- gouges in furniture, damaged bathroom mirror, leaky sink, etc. -- nothing major but still not like it use to be. The front desk staff (Bianca) was accommodating and pleasant, but we found at 7:30 AM the morning buffet a bit disappointing due to dirty tables, several empty food choices, overflow trash and just not as organized as in the past. Overall it's an ok place to stay, but It has lost much of its edge over competitors and probably could benefit from a bit more scrutiny by the management.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This is a little older hotel than other Hampton inns we have stayed at, but the king room with sofa sleeper was humongous! Our boys who were all wound up from traveling and had plenty of room to run and play. The breakfast was the best out of all the hotels on our vacation. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The most remarkable part of our visit was the staff. When we first arrived, I was testy and angry after bringing the bags in and the kids were wild and it was just one of those times where you are worn out and not very friendly. When my husband got in the room, he noticed there was no fridge and the TV didn't work, so he called the front desk and they sent someone up right away to give us a fridge and get the TV working (guess we just were a little TV illiterate!) Anyway, the gal who brought us the fridge heard me yelling at my husband about the luggage and instead of judging me, she brought up peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, apples and milk for everyone to enjoy. It was the most thoughtful gesture of any person during our whole trip and is the reason I give this hotel 5 stars! (otherwise, I would give it 4). Thank You for your kindness.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Julie K
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Wow, Thank you soooo much I wjust read this to my staff and they are all smiling! (So am I) we are a small home town hotel that trys very hard. We look forward to seeing you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dry Ridge
Best Western Inn Florence
Best Western Inn Florence
#3 of 28 in Florence
Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport/Florence

Been to Hampton Inn Dry Ridge? Share your experiences!