“Excellent hotel and restaurant”

The Live and Let Live
Ranked #1 of 1 Pegsdon B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel whilst travelling with work. What can I say other than the best hotel I have stayed at with work for a long long time.

The room was so comfortable and homely, with a jar of coffee, full bag of tea bags and fresh. Ilk in the fridge. Light years ahead of the usual 2 sachets of coffee and a couple of uht milk jiggers.

The restaurant was second to none. For started I had the chicken liver and shallot takin followed by a ham hock braised in ginger beer. Both were absolutely gorgeous and my only complaint was that I was too full for dessert.

I had to leave at 6am so they put me together a breakfast tray with juice, cheese and ham so I could have breakfast before I left.

I would stay at this hotel every day of the week if I could.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for The Live and Let Live

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We ate here for a second time having heard rumours of a new head chef. What a turnaround! There is now a real emphasis on local and seasonal produce, exactly what people expect nowadays. The quality of the cooking was excellent and the presentation very good.

We can now highly recommend this as a restaurant and will be back very soon.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Caretrainers ltd here. Martin the owner worked very hard to please us. the food was not cheap but was very good and worth more than they charge. We use around 100 hoteld a year and for the money this is up there with the best. The value for money is great, food great, service great, parking great, location great, nice hot showers, clean bright and modern rooms.

Marting packed us up some cheese to take with us and it was lovley.THIS PLACE SHOULD BE FULL EVERY NIGHT and soon will be.

Room Tip: We were in room 2 and it was lovley
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I've been to Let and Let Live three times before. I know they were new to the place. They have now got a new chef and the food now is 110% better than the times before.. Well done & I know it must of been very hard for both of you to start with.. So glad you didn't give up... 10 stars guys.. Thanks so much

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We had such a lovely day here when we came for lunch. The company was wonderful, the food was excellent and the views are to die for!!
Wherever you are you must come here and experience the Live and Let Live!
Outstanding!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Positives
- great location - room furnished to a high standard - hospitable host - great evening meal - comfortable bed.
Negatives
- Wi Fi connection is so poor it's non existent, member of staff informed me we have a poor signal around here. Please don't advertise as having Wi Fi in rooms, this is one of the main reasons I booked.
- Breakfast is not served until 09.15hrs, I have never one across this in any establishment before and can't understand the rational for his. A mediocre continental breakfast was provided instead which doesnt compete with the breakfast i had paid for. I had to purchase a sandwich en route to work which was a first.
- lastly was the shower, very little pressure and the temperature kept changing from hot to cold, extremely frustrating.
Overall I was very disappointed, clearly a lot of effort has gone into the rooms and kitchen. It's a shame that the items above took away from the experience. Unfortunately I can not recommend that one stays here ( especially if your travelling for work or early morning flights)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Corkbhoy_13
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Hadn't been here for a long time and found that it had changed hands back in September 2012. The food was cooked to a very good standard the place was of bright decor and the service we received very good although they weren't busy.

Overall, very pleased and would visit again. My only observation would be that the tissues in the gents for drying hands was pretty useless and would best be replaced by tissue that is more robust.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pegsdon
Hilton Garden Inn Luton North
King William Hotel
King William Hotel
#11 of 26 in Luton
Hallmark Hotel Flitwick Manor

Been to The Live and Let Live? Share your experiences!