“lovely friendly peaceful place,have already rebooked”

Suly Vegetarian Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Peliatan
Reviewed March 16, 2012

we booked the family room and loved it,Spacious with huge canopied beds.The staff were smiling,friendly and always helpful.Breakfast was simple but good and organic.Didn't get a chance to try the yoga,but enjoyed our stay so much we are going back for a few days this month.Tours through the hotel are very expensive and I would book them elsewhere.Location is a bit out of the way but has a free shuttle or you can pay 25,00o rupiah and go anytime if you dont want to wait,thats only about 3 dollars.Serene location with rice paddies surrounding.Good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank wattleb

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Large old rooms are charming with mosquito netted 4 poster beds, bathtub and shower, delicious organic food at restaurant. Free Yoga in mornings surrounded by ricefields, new swimming pool. Ride into Ubud free at certain hours, otherwise a small fee. No complaints - very restful and relaxing place. Meditatiion classes also.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank pamela607
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We stayed for 12 days at this hotel in December 2011 and loved it. As has been mentioned it is a traditionally built Balinese structure, set in lovely grounds and surrounded by rice paddies. There is construction work going on..and the workers pad through the grounds with baskets and buckets on their heads in the early mornings..no big machinery when we were there. The furnishings are a bit tired in some of the rooms..bathrroms need an update. However it was very reasonable, we loved the tranquil atmosphere, there are little shrines all round the grounds, and the youngsters from the school came round very quietly early int he morning with offerings made from banana leaves, and flowers gathered from the gardens. The food was lovely, fresh salads and fruits, lovely fruit juices, and has been said no bin tang here. The staff were delightful, and as has been said you could join the youngsters for yoga every morning. We really loved it ..warts and all and would go back without a second thought. Lovely drivers who we made our own arrangements with to go sight-seeing. . Dont expect first class accomodation, but the beds are lovely and you will get a real taste of Bali.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank strawberrywhip
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Booked into the hotel in january 2012. Went into the room and it was a pigs pen. Yellow pillows sheet etc. bathroom was dirty and overall was not fit to stay in. We walked out and went to another place. Do not book this hotel, check it out first. I would not let my dog stay there and it is really unfit for humans.

Room Tip: Do not book any rooms, check it out first, this place is unfix for humans
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank whiteelephantfl
sulyresort, Manager at Suly Vegetarian Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that you have bad experiences in our hotel.

First of all, i would like to apologize on behalf of the management and team for you.

The interaction with our team regarding to your feedback about the facilities is certainly unfair.
To be honest, we never mean to offer the room with a bad condition. However, we do appreciate with any comment from our guests. Also we are very confident to invite you to come again in near future to our resort to prove that we always concern to provide the best personal service to our entire guests. I would take pleasure in welcoming your back in the future so that you could experience the hotel as it was meant to be.
Please kindly feel free to contact us directly should you are visiting to Ubud again so that i may personally take care of you in your next stay.

Once again please do accept my apologies for your inconveniences caused and thank you for your feedback.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 1, 2012

We stay at Suly resort and spa in Aug 2010. We chose this resort because we heard it is a training resort for under privilege children. We staid for 4 nights . Upon our arrival at 11.30pm we were greeted with fresh fruit juice. That was a nice welcome even though it was really late. We were then taken to our room which was right at the back next to the rice paddy. We woke up to the wonderful sun rise over looking the rice paddy and the lovely swimming pool but a few mins later we started hearing noises coming form the next building then we realise it was getting renovated. It didn't bother us since inside the room was quiet and has a nice big wooden comfortable bed. We then went down to the restaurant for buffet breakfast. The breakfast has nice variety of pancakes, fried rice, fruits, juices and coffee and tea. After that we went to the reception to ask to use internet to find a driver. One of the girls recommended us a driver, a great guy who drove us around for the next 3 days for around 350 000rp a day.
The resort has free internet but you have to use it at the computers next to the reception. The place is ran by children who also stay on site. The magic happened after dark at the pool. We had a midnight swim and all we could hear was frogs and insects from the rice field.
I could recommend this resort if you want to stay in peace and quiet and rustic, away from busy Ubud centre since it is next town to Ubud in Mas village around 10-15mins drive from Ubud centre. There isn't much around the resort such as shops, restaurants or bars. The closest convinent shop is 5mins walk. There is a newly opened ibu oka 2 near the resort but we went to the original one instead. Nice pork crackling but abit over rated. I just like the way they bring in the whole roasted suckling pig in a tray and all the tourist lining up to eat there so go there before midday to get a spot.
The entire time the manager never ask for the money for the accomodation and on the second day we were suprised with a free one hour balanese massage in our room.
If you are a early riser you can join the yoga classe at 6am over looking the rice paddy. We weren't so we didn't enquire about it in detail.
Affew months ago we needed an invoice for our stay to within a few day they emailed us back with the invoice even though we staid there over a year ago. That's what you call a great customer service.Overall I would stay here again if I go back to Bali.

Room Tip: Ask for the top room with a balcany near the rice paddy. I'm sure the renovation would be comple...
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TranquilQuest
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Old Balinese architecture, a large garden full of tropical plants,and all Resort surrounded by rice fields was a surprising sight for me..
Huge room with traditional wooden furniture,bathtub from onix,big bed,give some ancient feeling..
Some construction nearby was in process,but it didn't disturb our holiday..
Most of staff are teenagers from the School for tourism, which is part of the Resort ..
So sweet they are..Was happy that with our staying there we were supporting their scholarships..

The best of all was that we can took a walk to the Ubud,and still paying so low price for that area..

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms garden view
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank edmundo M
Reviewed December 20, 2011

The facilities are going to be wonderful... AFTER construction is done. I booked a room thinking I was going to get the beautiful rice patty views. Did not get them. The views from the pool, like in the other reviews, was not there. They put up a fence. Plus the pool was not bright blue like in other reviews. There was a lot of tints of green (i didn't use the pool).

Location of hotel was way out of downtown, I knew that, but thought I would have the time to relax with the views. They did provide a free shuttle to town, which turned into a paid tour guide for two days. Worked out for my guide. I didn't want to stay at hotel so figured might as well tour around.

I booked my hotel in advance thru the internet and regretted it. I didn't read the fine print on the cancelation policy, lesson learned. After the first day I wanted to leave, but couldn't. In the 3 days I stayed there I did not use the tub/shower once. The tub had so many old stains and cracks. I didn't want to use it. I went to other places to shower. They had a tv, but did no work.

On a positive note, the bed was great. Totally gave me the Bali feeling with the netting over the bed and the pictures on the walls. They did provide a frig I used for my leftovers. They also had free internet in the rooms. The free breakfast was great. The food was wonderful and had really good service. Air con in the rooms. Balcony was nice to use.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk to view the room before you choose. They gave me a couple options to choose from.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank travelinNDN
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peliatan
Ubud Bungalow
#160 of 199 in Ubud
Ubud Raya Hotel
Ubud Raya Hotel
#2 of 4 in Sayan

Been to Suly Vegetarian Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!