“O so unusual experience :) !”

Suly Vegetarian Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Peliatan
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Old Balinese architecture, a large garden full of tropical plants,and all Resort surrounded by rice fields was a surprising sight for me..
Huge room with traditional wooden furniture,bathtub from onix,big bed,give some ancient feeling..
Some construction nearby was in process,but it didn't disturb our holiday..
Most of staff are teenagers from the School for tourism, which is part of the Resort ..
So sweet they are..Was happy that with our staying there we were supporting their scholarships..

The best of all was that we can took a walk to the Ubud,and still paying so low price for that area..

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms garden view
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank edmundo M

Reviewed December 20, 2011

The facilities are going to be wonderful... AFTER construction is done. I booked a room thinking I was going to get the beautiful rice patty views. Did not get them. The views from the pool, like in the other reviews, was not there. They put up a fence. Plus the pool was not bright blue like in other reviews. There was a lot of tints of green (i didn't use the pool).

Location of hotel was way out of downtown, I knew that, but thought I would have the time to relax with the views. They did provide a free shuttle to town, which turned into a paid tour guide for two days. Worked out for my guide. I didn't want to stay at hotel so figured might as well tour around.

I booked my hotel in advance thru the internet and regretted it. I didn't read the fine print on the cancelation policy, lesson learned. After the first day I wanted to leave, but couldn't. In the 3 days I stayed there I did not use the tub/shower once. The tub had so many old stains and cracks. I didn't want to use it. I went to other places to shower. They had a tv, but did no work.

On a positive note, the bed was great. Totally gave me the Bali feeling with the netting over the bed and the pictures on the walls. They did provide a frig I used for my leftovers. They also had free internet in the rooms. The free breakfast was great. The food was wonderful and had really good service. Air con in the rooms. Balcony was nice to use.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk to view the room before you choose. They gave me a couple options to choose from.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank travelinNDN
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I am still staying here while I am writing this review. I was so regret to book this hotel in advance. First, the air con not working, after checking, they moved me to another room. The room is so smelly, dirty, light is so dim. The washroom is so so dirty, hot water flow out after I have almost completed my shower (flowrate is too small). The bed frame so noisy, bed sheet is smelly.

I am considering to burn my advance booking fee and stay else place. Nothing good to commen about this hotel except the student assistance are friendly.

No No to this hotel

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Choonwat
Reviewed November 2, 2011

tayed here for 5 nights as it was cheaper than a lot of other hotels in area and was away from traffic in Ubud. the grounds and backdrop are stunning, the rooms look great on 1st glance but are quite run down - great beds tho :) - staff are friendly and enthusiastic, part of the charitable foundation designed to help underprivileged so that is a big plus.
s
the pool area is great, ap[art from the building noise which is expected to finish in Dec
free yoga is very good, and the breakfast is decent, if a little on the small side

if i was choosing a hotel on future visits, i would stay there again once the building work has been completed, but only because a lot of the other hotels in the area are expensive... think i will home stay when next in Ubud

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Overall, very good experience, knowing that you're doing a good cause. Staff here are professional, friendly and speak good english (even they're only students). Beautiful setting, right next to rice paddy fields, about 15min drive from Ubud center. Hotel do provide free shuttle .

When i rang to change my booking, hotel was very honest in telling me the only rooms available were next to the construction site. I stayed in room 103, cant hear any noise from the construction site. The construction site is closer to the swimming pool, nice little pool overlooking the paddy field, a bit worn out but good enough for a quick dip.

The hotel do need a bit of upgrade, especially the bathroom. But i guess this come down to the owner, whether they need more rooms, or maintain what they currently have and possible do a bit of upgrade, othewise everything else is pretty good, the staff would come around in the evening to spray the insect repellent and turned down the bed for us.

Also, there's free Yoga class every morning at 8:30.

Hotel provides Airport Transfer at a cost of IDR250,000

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank walktotravel101
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Here are the facts: beautiful, quiet resort (not really a spa) with tranquil atmosphere and character. We felt like the only guests there. The staff, without exception were polite and attentive. (most of whom were 16 year old students from the school at the resort which provides hospitality training for children from disadvantaged backgrounds).

Let's be honest: the resort is over 40 years old; the bath leaks, the door doesn't close, fittings are old and tiles are cracked. But that's what you are paying for!!!!
There is ongoing noise during the day from the construction of a new wing - but noise happens when construction happens - how else can they improve the place??

At 40-odd dollars a night including breakfast, this aint gonna be the Ritz. You definitely get what you pay for, with the added benefit of knowing that your money is going to a good cause.

The breakfast was good and the Nasi Campur was enak! yum.... all produce is organic and locally grown. No Bintangs here, just the local craft Storm beers.We were there with 2 families and really enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: Away from construction - Bukit 10 is good
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Galvo1
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Overall, good place to stay for those on low-mid budget terms. This place is not really a resort & spa, as advertised. It is a hotel surrounded by rice fields on one side and a hospitality school on another. The place is a solid 3 star. They are renovating/building new building so next year, if all goes well, they may reach the 4 star type rating. What I liked about the place: excellent service by hospitality school students - nicest kids on the island! Also, restaurant - food/service was great, all organic and very affordable. What I didn't like - somewhat dilapidated units and common grounds. the hotel is 5-6 km from Ubud's touristy areas, so have to take a free shuttle to Ubud for entertainment. There is a pool/kiddie pool on the ground.

This place is worth staying at if you are on a low-mid budget, have no high expectations and can travel easy. We saw several back packer couples, families with kids, lone travellers stay at the hotel. I wouldn't advise this place if you are planning a yoga retreat, or trying to impress you girlfriend/wife.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ayfellow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peliatan
Ubud Bungalow
#157 of 199 in Ubud
Ubud Raya Hotel
Ubud Raya Hotel
#2 of 4 in Sayan

Been to Suly Vegetarian Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!