We decided to make our annual week stay at Babek Tepi Sawah Villas into a two week stay this year instead of the usual one. We thought we would get bored.....but no such luck. We really didn't want to leave after the 2 weeks, and it all went too quick.
Our villa was fantastic. There were a few minor problems which were fixed immediately and the air-con was very cold as we both like a cold room for sleeping.
The breakfasts were as good as ever. Most of the options start with a fresh fruit juice and a fruit platter, which was made from very fresh fruit. I had the banana pancakes every day and loved them, though I may have to either lose weight or buy new clothing.
I noticed a few people didn't like the laid back service at Tepi Sawah. True it isn't the jumped up 5 star service you get. However there are perhaps 3 staff for every guest and if you make eye contact and a small motion they're do everything in their power to get what you want or to help you. All you have to do is ask. We actually prefer this as we like to be left alone most of the time.
But the best thing at Tepi Sawah was: The pool the gardens and the statues. They are simply beautiful. There are two pools for 26 rooms, and uncountable statues and Balinese stone symbols carved into walls, and lining the footpaths. At night the ones that have a stone see-through design covering them are lit up as you walk through, creating a magical feeling and romantic atmosphere. My favourites were the ducks on rocks that surrounded the "new" pool. We met one of the owners and she was happy to organise a meeting with the carver if we wanted some for home.....have to get that pool first though.....
The only complaint would be the wireless. They are trying very hard to get it right, but it is difficult as there is no primary cable running past most of the hotels in Ubud. It will happen but as a backstop the wireless up near the lobby always worked well.
Last but not least we became more fonder than ever of the staff....too many to mention as we can't recall all their names. Suffice to say that the owner, the manager are lovely people and I think this goes right through the people who work there as well. Most of the staff started work there 8 years ago are still there today and no less genuine and friendly now than they were years ago.
We heartily recommend both the Tepi Sawah and Ubud for anyone wanting a genuine Balinese experience, which sadly is harder to find in the Kuta/Legion area these days
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bebek Tepi Sawah Villas is located south east of ubud, about 2 km to the citi center, and 27 km from the international Denpasar Ngurah Rai Airport.25 units exclusive luxury villas, mix design of traditional with modern touch facing to the rice field and beautiful tropical garden view.Free shuttle service to ubud citi center at anytime from 9am until 10pm, provide you with 2 public big swimming pool, arts gallery, spa, and the most famous restaurant of Bebek Tepi Sawah Restaurant and the Crispy Duck menu ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bebek Tepi Sawah Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tepi Sawah Villas And Spa
- Tepi Sawah Villas Hotel Ubud
- Tepi Sawah Hotel
- Tepi Sawah Resort