“Excellent, but breakfast needs to be improved”

Bebek Tepi Sawah Villas & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Peliatan
Reviewed April 6, 2011

A wonderful stay at Tepi Sawah! Big & clean room with open air toilet, good view to the rice terrace just from our balcony! Staff is friendly and helpful, free shuttle serivce from villa to Ubud Center (9am to 10pm). Greenary garden around the villa and a fresh water swimming pool! But the breakfast is needed to improve in term of choices and portion, especially the fruit plate! Pay is required for additional order! Assuming the fresh juice should be no sugar and water added, but they did!
Free wifi is good also, my hubby is happy to read his email at the balcony with a green view from the rice paddies! Very relax at Tepi Sawah... highly recommend!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank InAuto

Reviewed April 1, 2011

The room facilities are just soso but the rice field view is no doubt comfortable.I lost my camera somewhere and the driver was patient driving me everywhere. The restaruant is bonus, with delicious food you don't need to go out anymore! Free wifi in the room also! Only the insect at night was scary!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank doyouhow
Reviewed March 16, 2011

This is the second time I have stayed and when I go back will be staying again. Rooms are great and service excellent.

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank Syrex1
Reviewed March 14, 2011

We spent two nights in an Ubud Villa. The rooms is large and very clean, the outdoor shower and large bathtub are great and the bathroom itself is huge. The grounds are immaculate and the views to the rice fields from our villa and from the restaurant are fantastic.

The breakfast is not a buffet, but you order your breakfast and its made fresh, which was a great change from the usual slosh you get in breakfast buffets. The pool looked private and relaxing but we didnt use it.

However, the staff, while extremely nice, are a little "slow". We asked at the restaurant if the hotel had a spa, and they didnt know. Another time we ordered a glass of white wine off the menu, but were told they didnt have any white wine. and were offered a glass of Rose which we took. For some reason I asked again for a white wine and was shown a number of bottles of white wine by another waiter. We had to check out at 7am (in hindsight I should have warned them of this) when we approaced reception in the morning to check out there was only what could be described as a "night watchman" on duty and not in uniform. He had now idea how to handle our checkout, and made us wait until he called another staff member and that guy came in to work and handled out check out which was all of $3 for a beer as we had paid prior for our room.Internet not available in the room, which really anoys me, you must go to reception to use the internet where they provide a computer or free wify for your own laptop.

A staff member comes and lights a mozzie coil on your balcony in the afternoon and also comes and changes the two mozzie plug-ins in the room to ensure a good nights rest with no bites. We had no problems with mozzies at all.

The restaurant is VERY busy at lunch time with a number of tour busses stopping by, but all but deserted at night time for a private meal if required.

Apart from these minor issues, we love the Villa and the grounds, they were just beautiful and would definetly come back again. I strongly suggest Bridges restaurant, the best restaurant we have been to in Bali.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Thaiescape11
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Tepi Sawah is a great choice if you want a relaxing and quiet place to stay. The staff are amazing and the place is immaculate. For the price, I cannot imagine a better place. It is a bit removed from the tourist streets but the free shuttle will take you anywhere in the area. All in all a great value.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cdntravel98
Reviewed February 28, 2011

tepi sawah was indeed a fine establishment and i truly enjoyed every minute of my stay with them.

upon checking in, we were presented with cold towels and a glass of refreshing juice which were a godsend in the humid weather. we were directed to our rooms a few minutes' walk away, and was blown away by the privacy and exclusiveness that was standard with every room.

the room was spacious, airy, and full of greeneries and water sounds, very soothing and calming surroundings. the best part was the marble bathtub, my partner and i were so excited we quickly went for a soak.

swimming pool was small but clean, and there was a hut with mattress by the pool - a great way to idle the afternoon away with a good book or something.

the hotel also provides a shuttle service to nearby convenience stores. all in all, it was an excellent stay and i'll recommend this hotel to anyone who is heading into ubud.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luvalive
Reviewed February 22, 2011

First of all, I need to say... I loved this place... but I need to be honest and I leave this feedback with the hope that the management is going to read this and do something about it as I believe this place could be a really a 5* hotel.
The room was extremely spacious and nicely decorated. The hotel is surrounded by rice fields and the scenery is simply stunning. It is just outside Ubud but it doesn't really matter as included in the price room the staff is driving you to the village for free with their minibus at any time of the day... in many occasions they even offered to pick us up at the restaurants around Ubud which I believe it is simply great.
My concerns about this hotel are only regarded the cleanliness of the towels and the bed sheets... I totally believe that the bed sheets and towel were washed... but I would recommend either to change launderette or washing powder! Our bedsheets and towels were stained... I even found a blood stain on a bath towel! I could see that they were washed... but these kind of particulars should be spotted by the room service team while on duty!
Also... the breakfast... I totally understand that having a breakfast buffet could lead to food wastage and I totally support the decision to have an a la carte menu for that... however I found hilarious that I could not have few extra slices of toasted bread without being charged for it, because those were not included in the room price...

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LAPO76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peliatan
Ubud Village Hotel
#75 of 199 in Ubud
KajaNe Mua Private Villa & Mansion
Komaneka at Rasa Sayang
The Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa

Been to Bebek Tepi Sawah Villas & Spa? Share your experiences!