Desak Putu Putera Homestay
Desak Putu Putra Hidden Homestay(Peliatan)(Great Value!)
$28
$26
  • Pool
Bebek Tepi Sawah Villas & Spa(Peliatan)(Great Value!)
$74
$62
Agoda.com
$18
  • Breakfast included
Desak Putera Cottages(Peliatan)(Great Value!)
$63
Motama Villa(Peliatan)
$135
Dani Homestay(Peliatan)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnice balconyfamily staybreakfasts were greatevery morningbalinese stylelocation is greatfruit platterubud marketa great stayyoga barnricewifiwarungjlactoiletcons
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in this family's homestay. The whole upper floor is rooms for tourists. Friendly family. Large rooms! When I arrived I was treated to a welcome beverage and complementary cakes. The location is quiet and the only sound I heard was a rooster in the distance, the gentle splashing of a small waterfall in the garden. A faint smell of burning woods drifted in as I sat in the sundown overlooking the rooftops.
When leaving I asked for a ride to Seminyak and got a ride from son in family and we talked about life in general in Bali.
It was an amazing stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I spent a wonderful weekend in Ubud staying in this nice little homestay. We liked it a lot, especially the beautiful yard with the fishpond, parrots and statues of the gods. The staff were really friendly, the breakfast is included in the price and is tasty and large. The only drawback we found was lack of hot water in the shower - the water was only a bit warm.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Greeted with coffee and cakes from the bakery downstairs and a yummy breakfast and clean towels this is great value - a little off the beaten track but that means the food places nearby are muh cheaper

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed in three different homestays in Ubud. Desak Putu Putera was very highly rated on the Agoda site. I felt fortunate to get a room, even if only one night was available. When we checked in, they did not seem to know we were coming. I showed my Agoda reservation sheet and they escorted us up to a room. The room had a beautiful balcony and they served us delicious sweets and tea immediately when we settled into our room. The room was not great. It only had cold running water and the bathroom and sink were not super clean. It was the room I liked the least of the three we ended up staying in while in Ubud. We met another couple who always stay here when visiting Ubud and love the place. That makes me think that we may have stayed in an extra room that was available only because they really did not expect us. I would not rate this guesthouse as nice as the other two we stayed at even though they were all about the same price. The location is convenient to town.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lauracheaptraveller
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I was in Ubud (Bali) at the beginning of December and I stayed four 4 days at a home stay called Desak Putu Putera Home Stay. Before starting my trip I had really low expectations regarding hostels in Bali but I have to say that I was surprised with the outcomes of my stay there. Putu's family is a lovely and friendly family. They keep their rooms very clean and they serve a lovely breakfast, which is included on the quite cheap price. You could even ask them to bring you a drink to your room if you wanted to. They also provide with Wi-Fi (which is a quite recent facility in Bali and worked quite good at this home stay), tourist information and a taxi service that can pick you up and drop you off at the airport and, if requested, can organise day tours for you.

I made a good use of this taxi service and I booked Dewa (the driver, a very friendly, helpful and funny guy) to be my, and a friend's, driver for two whole days. We got the chance of visiting and enjoying both north and south from Ubud for a reasonable price and it's really a good way of making the best of your time in Bali. These drivers live there, know the area and don't hesitate if they need to wait longer for you to visit all you want. I really think it's worth it and would reccommend this home stay.

Room Tip: I couldn't tell wich room is best. I suppose any would do.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo