“Amazing quiet and secluded resort with spot on service”

Maya Ubud Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Peliatan
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed at the Maya Ubud Resort & Spa with my parents, brother and girlfriend. After spending a week surfing in the south we spend a couple days in Ubud on our way to the north. This was already our second stay at the Maya Ubud. I really love the secluded nature of the resort. If you look for a couple of days of tranquility in a private hidden hotel, this is the place.

The morning that we drove to Ubud I broke my foot surfing, once I arrived in Maya Ubud the staff made it possible for me to see the hotel visiting local doctor who then referred me to the Ubud General Hospital for X-rays. Throughout my stay the hotel staff was so helpful, offering me to drive me to my villa on the golf carts and picking me up in the mornings to go to breakfast, the service was absolutely on-point!

The villas are very spacious and the beds are super comfortable. Even with my broken foot I was able to get some sleep, and enjoyed waking up to the sounds of the forest, from frogs to the variety of bird noises. The bathroom is very clean and I really like the bathtub.

While my family went on tours to see the rice fields and white water rafting, which they really enjoyed, I stayed back at the hotel due to my broken foot. I went to the gym where the personal trainer was so friendly and helped me guide through some exercises that I could do without putting any stress on my foot.

The Spa location is absolutely stunning, from the view when taking the elevator down to the Spa level to the view when you are in the massage rooms. The masseuses are very skillful and the ambience was great.

Overall I have nothing negative to say about this hotel and would recommend it to anybody looking for a quiet, secluded hotel in the Ubud area. The service is spot on and the location is amazing. Keep doing what you are doing!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Yann G
Write a ReviewReviews (2,324)

Reviewed August 10, 2013

While visiting the Maya a few years ago, they offered a "plant a tree" program at the resort. I thought this would be a wonderful birthday gift to give a friend who was going to be visiting. I found out they no longer had the program, but did offer another program to benefit a bird sanctuary on a neighboring island.

I was hesitant as to how smoothly this transaction would be since I was 15,000 miles away. Gede at the hotel made it flawless! Top notch service from my inquiry to delivery of the gift.

Thank you from Arizona!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank htoplak
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed at Maya for three nights and it was a really great experience!!!. The hotel is beautiful, I really enjoyed the rice field and river view. The staff was very friendly. Food delicious. In overall, we had all what we wanted to enjoy in Bali.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DelfinaMolina
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed at Maya for three nights in a garden villa and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Maya has a calming ambience helped by the spacious layout and expansive grounds. Staff were very friendly, attentive and helpful when required. Breakfast at Maya was excellent, with a variety to cater for all tastes. We didn't take evening meals as options were plentiful in Ubud town, accessible via the free hotel shuttle up to 5pm. The Maya has a very adult feel and I would heartily recommend it for couples seeking a quiet and romantic getaway. Saying that, I had two children in tow and we still found the Maya to be a great place. Highly recommended and will definitely be back in the future.

Room Tip: Splash out for a garden villa on the valley side (away from the tennis courts)
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Brian B
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We've stayed here twice, and had a great and relaxing experience both times. Highly recommended, and a good value. The staff are fantastically professional and cheerful, and the villa rental with private pool is an oasis. Definitely do the villa. The breakfasts and dinners at Maya are great, though of course you should go into town a few nights, too. Maya's bus makes it easy to get in to town during the day for shopping, and the private guides they provide (extra cost) have been wonderful in making it easy to see many cool albeit touristy sites the first time, and then more rural and authentic sites the second time. Going from Maya Ubud into Mas is a must if you like great wood carvings, and the wet market and regular market in Ubud are fun experiences.

Make sure you leave at least a day to spend just at Maya, though. There is yoga and tennis and 2 pools and a spa and a nature walk...and tea in the afternoon and great cocktails in the evening. Saturday nights are a Barong dance during dinner, which is fun every time. Even the robes and the woven shopping bag in the room seem special.

Room Tip: Get the villa, ideally the ones closer to the spa because that puts you in the center of everything...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kjvvsingapore
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I went to Bali especially Ubud so many times (only for business purpose) but I never stayed in Maya before. So when I had a chance to brought my 5 year old son to Ubud, I want him to enjoy his first stay in Bali and have a pleasant memories about Ubud. So the first plan is to take him to stay in a decent, clean, bright, un-gloomy hotel that surrounded with beautiful scenery of paddy field view. And I choose Maya Ubud, and I'm so glad I've made ​​that decision.
We stayed here for 3 days in a Superior Room.

What we like about this hotel:
+ Spacious and clean room
+ Friendly staff (during our stay, the staff gave my son a surprise gift that contains a drawing book, a set of crayons, small tooth brush and tooth paste).
+ Peaceful place (there's many kids staying in this hotel but you can not hear their noise).
+ Beautiful architecture + design, and beautiful landscape scenery view
+ Afternoon tea program with Light snacks, coffee and tea ..
+ Delicious international breakfast buffet.
+ Value for your money (Comparing to other hotels in Ubud).
+ There's a traditional Balinese dance performance every afternoon. With different dance each day. We just sat nicely in the balcony of our room watching the show. My son was so happy.
+ We love the pool and the view against the pool (even though a bit small in size).

What we did not like about this hotel:
- The location is not in the center of Ubud. You have to depend on the hotel's shuttle bus to get to the center or you'll need to rent a car.
- On the hotel's website, there's a picture of a group of tourist doing walking tour in paddy field. So I thought that the paddy field tour was Including in the hotel program and easily accessible, but the staff said that their paddy field is not in the hotel area, we need to go outside the hotel's area.

Overall we love this hotel so much, and definetly will come back. It was a memorable stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank s_ismanto
Reviewed July 31, 2013

It is a 16? acre property and my husband and I could not complain about the well maintained grounds. It was an estate. But our room was a different story. On the second day our wash basin was clogged. On the third day our toilet was clogged. I know Ubud should be a place for retreat and solitude and shouldn't expect a good selection of cable TV but I did and was disappointed - it was a usd 400 room a night after all. The massage my husband had was not extraordinary. We came in at 1am and after four nights left at 6am and our request for at least 50% discount against one day was simply ignored. We would've been grumpy but still all right with a rejection but at least there would have been a response. Good points: Good selection of breakfast. Solicitous requests to change towels and sheets. But definitely not worth the money.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank JaniceOng2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peliatan
The Kayon Resort
Komaneka at Bisma
Komaneka at Bisma
#17 of 199 in Ubud
Komaneka at Rasa Sayang

Been to Maya Ubud Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!