Maya Ubud Resort & Spa
$17
$9
  • Breakfast included
Bebek Tepi Sawah Villas & Spa(Peliatan)(Great Value!)
$75
$62
Agoda.com
Biyukukung Suites and Spa(Ubud)(Great Value!)
$39
$35
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
2,351 results
All reviewsnature walkthe rivergarden villaour honeymoonlower poolplunge poolmain buildingmorning yogaevery hourafternoon teamain poolsuperior roomheaven on earthbeautiful surroundingsrice fieldsshuttle buscooking class
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My experience of Maya was one of total relaxation & luxury. I'd happily come back for another holiday here when I need a beautiful escape from all the stresses of daily life! Even though it was expensive to stay 3 nights, I felt that it was quite good value. The pick up from airport set the tone for a carefree stay w/ cold towels & water in a comfortable car & the daily breakfast was simply amazing! Best hotel breakfast I've had in my many years of travel. The resort provided a plate of fruit & bottled water daily. Afternoon tea was another highlight w/ a combo of western & Indonesian sweets.

The grounds are beautifully kept w/ 60 gardeners & the staff are friendly & competent - a few remembered me by name by the second day. It seems Maya is a good employer too - some working there for 3,4 or 7 years.

The two pools in the resort are located far away from one another that I felt like I was staying at two resorts. Our stay in early Dec was during the low season (40% occupancy) so it was very very peaceful.

The food was really top class - the tasting plate was so good we ate it twice! Some dishes are x3 the price of local restaurants but I was happy to pay it.

The spa experience was truly unforgettable - do try the flower bath! I felt so pampered like a modern day cleopatra in Balinese slice of heaven, hahaha

The only downside was that on our last night our room was invaded by a thousand moths after heavy rain. The balcony doors have enough of a gap in them that no matter what you did they kept coming in. So the housekeepIng staff came to clean them up& when the moths came back my request to change rooms was responded to within less than an hour. It wasn't ideal but not enough to spoil our otherwise perfect stay at Maya.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed here three nights and wished we could have stayed more. It was as beautiful as any place I've ever seen, the best service I've ever experienced and the food (particularly at the breakfast buffet) was exquisite. If I could recommend one place on earth for a relaxing few days, it's here. The pools, the gardens, the flora and fauna, the river... serenity oozes from every pore. Simply stunning in every way!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Flagpies09
Reviewed December 3, 2012

From the moment we arrived we knew we were somewhere special. The serene beauty of Maya has to be experienced to be believed. The grounds are pristine only adding to the overall calming experience. The journey to the spa takes you to a secret haven down along the river. The staff are 100% professional & treating everyone with respect and care. Treatments are exemplary and are conducted in a wonderful setting. This is complimented by a fantastic cafe providing food for the soul cooked with love. A MUST visit if you are in Ubud.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kyliecurly
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

This resort is HUGE. It has everything you need so you dont really need to step out of the resort at all. If you do want to visit Ubud, free shuttle service is provided every hour from 9am. Service was awesome. The staff are always willing to help.

Upon check in, a buggy will be used to drive you and your bags to the villa. When checking out, tou cam call to arrange for someone to pick you from your villa as well so you dont have to lug your bags all the way to the lobby.

Breakfast buffet which was included in our stay was really good. They make it a point to change some dishes so guests dont see the same food every morning.

Theyre pretty big on cleanliness and maintainence of the resort. During my 4 days stay, i never failed to see workers pruning trees, trimming grass, cleaning etc.

In all, im reallyhappy with this trip. Glad i chose to stay with them. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank RAEPOH
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The hotel location is perfect for a relaxation holiday, it is a hidden gem.

The hotel reception staffs are very polite and there is alot of activities on offer ie cycling, nature walks, free yoga class every morning.

House keeping needs to polish up - I went on an overnight hiking trip and when I got back next day 11am, the room was not make-up. I went out again later in the afternoon and call the reception to make sure my room needs to make-up, got back in the evening, the room was still not make-up... I was a little disappointed... wrote to the hotel manager, so hopefully they will improve.

Room Tip: Worth getting a pool villa near the riverside
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo