Maya Ubud Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
2,352 results
All reviewsnature walkthe rivergarden villaour honeymoonlower poolplunge poolmain buildingmorning yogaevery hourafternoon teamain poolsuperior roomheaven on earthbeautiful surroundingsrice fieldsshuttle buscooking class
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Wow... My first trip to Bali and i was lucky enough to stay at the Maya Resort and spa. The rooms were amazing, the food and service was second to none. But the highlight for me and still to this day was the spa treatments, massage and facial i had in one of the beautifully appointed cabana's overlooking the river, I've had many treatments and even Built and owned a Day Spa myself, but i left that room or should i say i floated out of that treatment and i swear i had tears in my eye's at just how beautiful an experience i had just had. For a little while, the stress and worry's of corporate life and a divorce had left me. I was left with just beauty, peace and a slice of serenity. I will be back for sure. Thanks for the memorys. Richard Sydney, Australia.

Room Tip: I didn't go expensive cabin, I actually stayed in the main building, the rooms are much bigger and decked out like brand new loft apartments, just brilliant, spacious, light. a home away from home.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RichardJeans
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The is property really needs to be experienced. Photos and reviews don't really do it any justice. This property has won many awards, including the Green Globe Cert 2011-2012, Asean Green Hotel Recognition award 2010-2011, Green Hotel & Best Luxury Spa. From the moment you are picked up at the airport by a Maya driver, the service is outstanding. The resort staff are professional, warm and very friendly, they are in a class of their own. We always stay in a pool villa, which has its own plunge pool and garden that has the most beautiful vista. Both pools and pool areas are tranquil and serene. Superb, fresh, inovative, healthy & conscious food throughout the property. We have experienced both the Villa Grill & the Romantic Dinner for two - both sensational. Indulge the senses with a luxurios riverside spa treatment, or simply relax by the infinity pools or your own private pool villa. Space, tranquility, peace, beauty, serenity, exceptionally outstanding service is what you'll experience at Maya!

3  Thank VickiGus
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Just had 3 nights with my wife in this resort. This place is just amazing !!! it is situated about 5 minutes by free hotel shuttle to Ubud (which is good).We stayed in a Pool Villa which is spacious with everything (except a espresso machine) the plunge pool is big enough to cool down during the hot days, and has a outdoor shower as well, but make sure you walk down to the resorts main infinity pool which sits on the side of a cliff overlooking the river below, this has a great cafe for lunch and also the Spa area. The staff are so friendly - thanks to Yuda, Kate and Ava for all their help, especially with an issue with our airconditioning on the first night. The food is excellent, big breakfast buffet, and good choice of dinners, including different themed nights. We had the Balianese on the last night complete with local dancers. After a few hot hours in Ubud, it is great to get back to this place for a swim, cocktail and dinner.
We had a total of 10 nights in Bali (first time) and picked 2 world class resorts - this place and the The Legian in Seminyak. We WILL BE BACK to both.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get a pool villa, you will use it a lot.
2  Thank PierroTraveller
Reviewed October 17, 2012

It's hard to wow me with anything basically. I've stayed at amazing hotels all over the world. In this one instance I was very surprised by how much nicer it was than I expected.

Highlights / good points:
- Pool villa was the bomb. Almost didn't, glad we did.
- Spa, Spa area, Spa pool, spa restaurant....the new happy place my mind goes to when I'm in traffic or dealing with an annoying client. Roaring river, great service, amazing food.
- Food, breakfast, drinks were great. Breakfast was really just perfect....variety, fresh, beautiful setting.
- Stunning lobby, creative, beautiful lighting, peaceful, beautiful, perfect.

Not so great:
- The balinese dancing show was a big fat yawn. Seafood buffet was average. Skip it - have a meal in town, be back in time for the show....watch 10 minutes of it for free from the bar and save yourself $40.

I debated hard about whether to blow the wad and stay at the Four Seasons and possibly even the Amandari. I decided this place looked nicer than the 4 seasons, and the Amadari was just too pricey ($1100!!). Definitely made the right choice. I think we paid $350 or so through Agoda....I was expecting it to be substandard because it seemed like a 'deal', but it definitely felt like a 5-star, top notch place.

I went with a buddy who's going through a bad divorce....almost skipped the pool villa because it seemed 'too romantic', but I'm glad we did it. So nice to jump into the plunge pool in the middle of the day after walking around Ubud all hot and sweaty. The outdoor shower was awesome too. Didn't even think about using the one inside.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ABC3702
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Just to the outskirts of Ubud this delightful hotel is extremely good. we had a terrific time here. The grounds are worth walking around on their own. we had a good room but you can get a Villa if you prefer. Good size with lots of facilities. the restaurant is excellent and get the Chef to prepare the fixed special menu...that was excellent entertainment but superb food also.The service was very good and nothing was too much trouble for the staff.

Room Tip: Upper Floors seemed best!!!
1  Thank Louis M