Maya Ubud Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
2,351 results
All reviewsnature walkthe rivergarden villaour honeymoonlower poolplunge poolmain buildingmorning yogaevery hourafternoon teamain poolsuperior roomheaven on earthbeautiful surroundingsrice fieldsshuttle buscooking class
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 24, 2012

As a frequent traveler, it is hard to find a hotel that has it all - this one has and will return in the future. We were celebrating our anniversary and were gifted with beautiful flowers and cake. Our room was left with a plate of fresh fruit every day and the standard of cleanliness first rate. The staff are excellent - friendly, helpful and accommodating. With a very early flight this morning, we were given complimentary boxed breakfasts complete with breads, pastries, cakes - butter and preserves, juices and cut fruit.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Went to Bali March/April 2012. Spent some time in Nusa Dua and then Ubud.

Maya Ubud Resort is total paradise. On arrival, we were told the room we had booked was not available....leaving us a little worried, but were then informed that they had complementary upgraded us. Our room was fantastic....like our own secluded apartment.....a main door leading to set of stairs...at the end of which was the veranda area with loungers, this extended onto an area with our own little pool, and outdoor shower. Ideal to dip into and cool off after sitting in the sun for too long! The room was spacious and clean, and the bathtub was once of the largest I have ever seen.

The grounds are amazing - with the fitness centre having an open view platform where complementary yoga/ pilated classes take place. The pools are not huge, but well designe in the grounds so as not to feel too crowded. Make sure you venture down to the pool by the spa area too, where you can here the running river below.

The service was great. We were there for Nyepi, so had a day just in the hotel, as everything was closed. It did rain quite a bit whilst we were there, but this was not a problem though, as yoga classes still take place, gym facilities are available, and the room had a DVD player & the hotel provided choice of DVDs we could stay in and watch. The staff are great, and provide such great information about what to do locally etc....thank you Yoga and Sumi for making us feel so welcome. I would thoroughly recommend going for Nyepi, and seeing the parade of demon effigies.

The resort has a shuttle service taking you into town, near the temple and markets. However, the walk is do-able, just return before dark, and walking back upto the resort via unlit, slightly unhill road can be bit scarey.

Went white water rafting from here too. Do not miss out on this. It is so much fun. We used a company called Sobek, and they were very professional and safe. I'm not a strong swimmer, but our raft guide, Rambo, made us all feel very safe...thank you Rambo for making the experience so funny. .There are two rivers you can go to....Ayung River & Telaga Waja - do both....if you only book one, then realise you don't have enough time to do the other, you will regret it.

Whilst there, see the terraced rice fields Ceking. For some culture, take in Goa Gajah & Pura Tirtha temples. You can also see a nite show of Ramayan....performers are beautically costumed.

You can tell how much attention Maya Ubud Resort places on detail....after returning from my holiday, I even got a response from them for completing the room guest questionnaire.

Wonderful place, and hope to return one day.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank t112p
Reviewed May 18, 2012

This resort is ravishing! I came with a rather large group (20), yet found solitude, quiet and relaxation, as well as delicious meals and drinks and fabulous service. The grounds are stunningly beautiful, with a lovely nature path down into a river canyon. There's a great fitness center, daily yoga classes with Arif, a wonderful teacher. The spa, with its River Cafe, is delightful. Massages are fantastic. Apparently, some of your reviewers didn't discover the second pool near the spa, with a breathtaking view of the river below. The only thing I have to complain about is not staying longer!

Room Tip: Even the rooms facing the entrance are fine, but the villas are utterly perfect! If you can, upgrade to one.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I really don't need to sell you on this one, as you can see from the other reviews...Maya Ubud is one of the nicest resorts I've stayed at. I traveled solo to Bali and stated 4 nights in Ubud and 3 nights in Nusa Dua. After staying at Maya Ubud I didn't want to leave and wished I had booked the whole week.

The service is impeccable! The staff is incredibly friendly and very helpful. As a quick example - I'm a city girl and don't take kindly to insects or critters of any kind. I woke up one morning and found a beetle in the bathtub, I took a shot in the dark and called the front desk to deal with it. They sent someone right down to take care of it. A small deed but much appreciated! Also by day 2 the restaurant staff knew me by name and that I liked green tea in the morning and the type of wine I liked with dinner. Like I said, impeccable!

The property itself is just stunning, it sits on a slope between the rice patties an a river. I went for a few walks down near the river and honestly the place is just magical! So peaceful and relaxing, I enjoyed ever minute. Please make sure you visit the spa, they have great packages - I had a massage, followed by a body scrub and floral bath. The spa suites are open air and situated right near the river so you can hear the water flowing past as you relax. Once yore done you can lounge by the one of the pools which is located right next door.

The food was fantastic, great (and healthy) options, fresh and a nice mix of traditional Balinese and western cuisine. Every morning you were able to participate in complimentary yoga class and in a open studio above the fitness center and there is also complimentary afternoon tea.

I really enjoyed my stay at Maya Ubud, I think it;s a great place for any traveller - solo, couples, families - no matter what they will make you feel at home

Room Tip: I really enjoyed the garden villa, it was nice having my own space just away from the main building. I'd recommend getting a vila if possible.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank LenaB_fromNYC
Reviewed May 5, 2012

My husband and I just returned from Bali with our son and daughter in law. We stayed 2 nights at this beautiful resort. We were pleasantly surprised to learn we had been upgraded to the Presidential Villa, it was incredible! The resort is really in the a beautiful location with a beautiful river along side. The service is excellent, the spa was heavenly. Breakfast was great. I highly recommend for a nice get away!

Room Tip: Presidential Villa
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family