2,450 results
All reviewsnature walkthe rivergarden villaour honeymoonlower poolplunge poolmain restaurantmorning yogaevery hourafternoon teasuperior roomheaven on earthrice fieldsshuttle buscooking classoutdoor showershuttle service
Reviewed May 5, 2012

My husband and I just returned from Bali with our son and daughter in law. We stayed 2 nights at this beautiful resort. We were pleasantly surprised to learn we had been upgraded to the Presidential Villa, it was incredible! The resort is really in the a beautiful location with a beautiful river along side. The service is excellent, the spa was heavenly. Breakfast was great. I highly recommend for a nice get away!

Room Tip: Presidential Villa
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Littlebird143
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Was on a 16days holiday in Bali, stayed in W hotel, Liberty dive resort, Kamuela Villa, Wakatobi & lastly in Maya Ubud.
I have to say Maya & Waka are the most beautiful. I really like the surroundings, Waka is about beach while Maya is about tranquility and the jungle surrounding the resort is very beautiful... Perfect surroundings... However, I notice the cleanliness of the hotel is not up to standard. Upon check in the lobby seating area were dirty, especially the leather couch seating in the centre of lobby. Thought maybe because it was dirtied during the day but notice next day and also the next next day, same mess and dirt on the lobby couch. Floor is swipe everyday but not the couch?
We stayed in Villa 603, my bf booked the villa because it has a private pool. First day we didn't use the villa pool because we went to the public pool. 2nd day when we went in, I notice there are 2 worms (looks like worms but not sure they are worms or other worm-like beings! Black and about 10inch long.. Very slim and twirl around every now & then) in the villa pool. Seriously, it was yucky... I froze even when I think of it now. I was freak out and jump out of the pool and we decided to leave the pool alone.. Well it is outdoor pool so it bound to have more participant to share the pool with...
However, it is the staff behavior that get me puzzled. We highlighted the incident upon check out(we stayed 2days), and the staff doesn't seems to understand the situation. Either he don't understand English or he just take it lightly, the receptionist just nod his head and smile when we highlighted the incident. (we suspect he don't understand so he just nod and smile because the staff were all trained to be polite). Next is the restaurant, a lots of insect flying around during dinning. I understand the whole resort is in the woods and that bound to have insects around but we noticed that the drinking bar (which is just above the restaurant) don't have the same problem on insect. We had problem with insect while having our dinner on first night but when we went up to the bar to have a drink, it was cleared! Seems like 2 different places! It must have something that makes the insect want to stay at the restaurant instead of flying up to the drinking bar... Food in the restaurant attracts insect? Or insect repellent at the bar? I don't know but something in the bar area repel insect :) if you can find that out and make the restaurant less insect then it would be perfect as the restaurant have marvelous view. (note: the insect only comes in at night so lunch is safe! Those wanna try out the restaurant pls do so in daytime while dinner ask them to serve the food in the bar as the bar has nice open view to the sky too)
Just to make a point, this is not a complain but to highlight the pool & lobby need a little clean up so that the next guest can enjoy the facility.
Overall, the resort is a beautiful place, the lobby cleanliness part need to be taken seriously as first impression is the most important. The staff are all friendly so keep up the good work. However if they don't understand certain words, please take initiative to clarify instead of just nodding and pretend they understand.
Next, I would like to praise the spa staff, very good and friendly, love the massage.
Overall experience is good, so hopefully the problem would have resolved when I
Come back in future :)

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I love Maya Ubud.

From the minute I arrived at the entrance area, a certain serenity came over me. .

I booked one of the villas and the grounds is sprawling so they had to sent me by buggy which I thought was fun. The Villas itself is very private. Mine overlooked the paddy fields and it was gorgeous albeit really hot! (the room gets the morning & some afternoon sun)

The landscape was lush, inviting and mesmerising. They have 2 pools. I swam in the adults only pool (nice touch!) which was really beautiful overlooking the river. What I was not happy about was the deck chairs. It had bed bugs or something as we were bitten all over. Horrid!

I tried the spa and it truly is the most wonderful experience overlooking the river. Worth the money!

I still pine for the River Bowl salad (if i recall the name correctly) from the restaurant opposite the spa area. Wonderful wonderful food, such an amazing retreat.

We also had tea and it was really a good experience. They had low gamelan music playing and food and service was superb.

I would recommend it to anyone and would definitely come back.

The only thing is, if you are bringing anyone who are not mobile, the paths would be pretty hard to manouver around.

Room Tip: The villa facing the paddy fields gets the most sun so the room is extra hot and takes a long time to cool (if at all)
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MiaFarizza
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Given the opportunity to escape for a few days (from kids, school routine etc), in need of some R&R, being a female travelling alone, I chose the Maya Ubud.
I was SO impressed. The service was excellent, the setting was fantastic (on a hilly forest - lots of wooden huts as villas, with the main building also wooden and no more than 3 levels). The Spa consisted of open wooden huts, totally private and overlooking the river - the background music was the sound of water crashing against the rocks, and the therapists were excellent.
The hotel is within walking distance from Ubud (there is also an hourly shuttle bus); a walk / cycle along the nearly rice fields is highly recommended, and of course exploring the charming town. The fitness centre / yoga studio is less than a year old, and the staff there are very helpful. There is also a tennis court, and the staff will gladly partner with you, or find a guest to do so.
Although there were many couples at the resort, there were also groups of friends, and a number of solos. I would return in a heartbeat given the chance - the perfect escape to experience some "me-time" along with staying active, and seeing the locality. Oh, the food was also very good; the River Cafe down by the spa serves great healthy (some organic) food, smoothies etc.

Room Tip: The Villas look lovely, but being solo I chose to stay at the main part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Liza R
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We honeymooned at Maya and it was simply magical ... We stayed in a private deluxe villa with own pool which was beautiful, although it would have been better if we had river views. The resort is a little out of town but an hourly shuttle into Ubud takes 5 minutes. The spa is beautiful but expensive compared to cheaper spas in Ubud but well worth it. But you get exactly what you pay for with an amazing view of the river ... there are specialty themed dinners every night and cocktail hour is great! You really don't need to leave the resort ... the staff were super friendly and obliging ... the resort delivered us a beautiful and delicious honeymoon cake on arrival and we arrived home the next day to a beautiful bath full of roles and frangipani petals! This resort is 5 star all the way!!!! Bianca and Cam, Melbourne, Australia, April 2012

• Stayed: April 2012