Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Sort and selected filters
Sort Filter
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed in Tiing Gading Bungalows for 6 days/5 nights in august 2012. Very nice small hotel for reasonable prices. Well, if you are used to stay in top-level resorts, this is definitely not your choice (i agree that all luxury amenities have their price), but if you are looking for something quiet and home-like feeling, this is it. Very clean (roomservice every day in the morning), tea and drinking water facilities free of charge, and the best authentic indonesian food in Ubud. But who makes the whole place so special is the proprietor, Siti. She really does her best to make the guests feel like home and she works hard for that.
The place is very small and cozy. I recommend to book the second floor room just near the reception - other rooms sometimes have problems with water pressure. And actually this is the only small minus about this home-like hotel.

Date of stay: August 2012
2  Thank 821eugeniat
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed here for three nights.
Good things first:
The bungalows are nice with nice balcony or terrasse.
The Nasi Goreng for breakfast is good and you also get fresh fruits and fresh juice.
They bring you fresh tea every morning to your balcony.
You can walk to the city center (10-15 min).

But now the less nice things:
The bathroom is quite old and you only get hot water for a quick shower.
But way the worst thing:
They keep a monkey in a cage in the garden!!!! Alone in a cage without a tree or gras or any nature at all!
This made us feel sad everytime we saw it..... So "sad" when we went to breakfast, "sad" when we came Home in the afternoon and "sad" again when we left for dinner.
I'm really sorry to write this, because the people and the location were really nice, but we wouldn't go there again -because of the monkey.

Date of stay: August 2012
9  Thank Julie-Berlin
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I know Allan and Siti since 2007 (through business) but never stayed at Tiing Gading. Last Christmas finally I made it and two friends of mine joined me to stay at Tiing Gading for Christmas and New Year.
Already the cosy welcome of Allan and Siti and their staff made me feel home. Tiing Gading is a place where you are part of a big family. Chatting to Allan and Siti and receiving information where to go and what to see was very helpful. Tiing Gading is very close to Monkey Forest Rd and just a 5 to 10 minutes’ walk away you will find quite a large supermarket where you can find all you need, including souvenirs at the top floor.
Tiing Gading also offers airport pick-up and tours.
The food was marvellous, fresh and very tasty. Look out for the food marked with a *, that are Tiing Gading's specials. The banana pancake and black rice pudding (need to be pre-ordered the night before) have been my favourite.
The garden, pool and rooms were cleaned every day and spotless.
Thank you for a very pleasant stay to Allan, Siti & all the staff at Tiing Gading.
Happy New Year 2012 and all future years.

Room tip: There are upstairs and downstairs room. If you have problems walking stairs, I suggest asking for a downstairs room when you book your accommodation.
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Olli1219
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I knew my husband and I would love this place when I booked ... and I was right! Tiing Gading has good, clean affordable accommodation in a tranquil, beautiful setting. Allan, Siti and their staff go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and to drop you into the city centre when required. The food was divine and we overindulged each day.

The couple built the comfortable bungalows themselves around twenty years ago, they have therefore aged a little but they still have beautiful wooden furniture and lovely balconies attached ... so cosy and homely.

I cannot speak too highly of this place and it's beautiful, generous owners. Nothing is too difficult for them. My only regret is that we should have spent our entire time in Bali there - much nicer than the villas in Seminyak.

Catriona and Jonathan Markus, Australia

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Catriona M
Reviewed January 23, 2012

What a great find! Allan and Siti are generous and wonderful hosts, supported by a very friendly and helpful team. We booked two rooms and were delighted with our upstairs bungalows overlooking the beautiful gardens. Scrumptious food and we really enjoyed our cooking class with Siti. It is an easy walk to the centre of Ubud and Monkey Forest Road. Nothing was too much trouble and we appreciated Siti going out of her way to pick our stranded daughter and partner when their car broke down at night in pouring rain. Really enjoyed our chats with Allan. Overall, a fantastic stay and we’ll be going back.

Room tip: Upstairs bungalows have lovely views of the gardens from covered verandahs.
Date of stay: January 2012