“Still a lot of mistakes”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #52 of 74 Restaurants in Danville
Cuisines: American
Lexington, Kentucky
“Still a lot of mistakes”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We went to Applebee's on the night of their grand reopening - July 29. We did not know it was the reopening when we arrived. We arrived around 6:00 and waited 15 minutes on a table. This was no big deal and was expected on such a big night.

All the employees that we came in contact with were extremely friendly. However, our server could not keep up with everything. She forgot our silverware and our drinks. (We had to eat the appetizer w/out any silverware). I partly blame this on the management. She was waiting on 4 tables, one of which was large. She just seemed flustered and therefore was not being effective with her trips to the tables.

My husband and I were eating with my one year-old daughter. When we were strapping her into the high chair they brought us, we realized the straps were broken. This was not a big deal. I simply exchanged it for the other one that was available. This high chair was filthy. I wiped it down with my daughter's diaper wipes. Again, when we strapped her into it, we realized that it too was broken! Considering this was the GRAND REOPENING of the store, they should have checked high chairs when remodeling! I informed our server, but am confident that this was never reported to the management.

Thirdly, the food was not good. My husband ordered a salad and the lettuce did not seem fresh. He has had almost the exact same salad at the O'Charley's down the street, and it was fantastic. He said that you couldn't even compare the two.

To sum up this review... if given a choice, don't go to Applebees when everything at the Danville O'Charley's is great. Or, try a locally-owned restaurant in Danville. I recommend Mermaid's or Bluegrass Pizza.

• Visited July 2011
3 Thank l0well01

Ormond Beach, Florida
“Cold food, snooty bartenders”
Reviewed January 5, 2011

We visited in December, food was cold and the bartenders were rude. I'll give the place one more shot.

Visited December 2010