“OK - But Better Options”
Review of Red Rooster Cafe

Red Rooster Cafe
Ranked #19 of 75 Restaurants in Danville
Florence
“OK - But Better Options”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

It was an ok meal but not something I'd go back for. Onion rings were ok - but wanted big fluffy rings not small. My husband got the meatloaf - and he loves meatloaf, but not this meatloaf. There are a lot of great reviews for this restaurant - I'm just not crazy about greasy food.

• Visited June 2012

Pittston, Pennsylvania
“Very Good for Breakfast..”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We were working in the area for a few days and wanted something better than your chain restaurants or hotel buffet.. This hit the spot with great breakfast food I had the eggs and pancakes.. The menu is simple and the food is good.. The Atmosphere is plan but food isn't

• Visited July 2012
“Great milkshakes”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Great local restaurant! We had chocolate milkshakes which were fantastic. Waitress told me they make them with homemade ice cream.

Lexington, Kentucky
“REAL HOME COOKING.”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Wow, that was great. Out for the day, looking for a non chain. Trying to watch the sodium in our diet. Found Red Rooster Cafe. Friendly service. Had real diner specials at great prices. An eclectic mix of diner furniture from the past. Just overall great experience. Did not have room for made from scratch pie.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank blueblade62
Lexington, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food!”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Red Rooster Cafe, Danville has a new owner as of Jan. 1, 2012. His name is Scott Huffman. This was my first visit to Red Rooster Cafe in Danville and I enjoyed it. Mr. Huffman has created a new, fantastic menu and is remodeling and adding hours. I ordered Stuffed Tomato with Chicken Salad and it was fantastic! I graciously informed Mr. Huffman that the Chicken Salad was as good as, if not better than the Stuffed Tomato with Chicken Salad at Papaleno's in Berea! I am ready to try the breakfast! Can't wait!

Looking forward to all of the new update and extended hours.

As far as my ratings, this was my first visit and Mr. Huffman came out and asked me how my food was and I appreciated this. He is very open to feedback and looking to make this a great place to eat.

• Visited February 2012