“Mexican Food ??”

Cuisines: Mexican
Danville, Kentucky
“Mexican Food ??”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is not true Tex-Mex, and a lot of Kentuckians don't know the difference. Since I am from Texas, I don't recommend it.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank ekenb403

Lexington
“Most awful food I have eaten!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Love mexican food and have had lots of it but this is the worst I have ever had, after 5-6 bites I returned my dish half eaten. We had the burritos and Taco Bell has better ones. They were beef but I couldn't identify the meat and covered with something that resembled beefaroni like my kids eat. The crowd there was obviously more into the extra large mugs of beer which covered up the awful food. I will definitely stay away from this place in the future.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank John D
“Delicious!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by on our way home from vacation with my husband, kids, and in-laws. We all loved it, and I wasn't even in the mood for Mexican food!

Nicholasville, Kentucky
“Inedible Mexican and the worst chile relleno on earth”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Before spending the day in Danville, I checked TripAdvisor for restaurant reviews and discovered this Mexican restaurant was rated #6 of 54 restaurants in the area. Naturally, I stopped there for a late lunch (around 2PM) but noticed there were no other customers around. I took a few minutes to look over the menu and decided on the Lunch Special #1, which includes a chile relleno, taco, rice, beans and a salad with guacamole.

First, the chips and salsa: another reviewer said the chips and salsa were made on site. Probably true, since I have yet to experience a salsa that bad from a can. Tasteless, unseasoned and completely inauthentic. I am posting a picture of a huge chunk of a canned stewed tomato in a liquid that they presented as "salsa" that was absent of any taste whatsoever. No salt, no lime juice and not even a trace of cilantro. The chips also had a stale quality to them.

About three minutes after ordering the chile relleno plate, it arrived. Food coming out that quick is NEVER a good thing and, to summarize, this was the worst chile relleno in the world.

I am providing photos to illustrate the problem with the chile relleno. First of all, it was stuffed with nothing. Yes, chile rellenos are supposed to be stuffed with cheese, or various proteins. Instead, there was a small pile of ground beef sitting under some sort of cheese and awful tomato sauce that was so liquid, I had to literally pour about a cup of this mystery drool into the salsa container just to get it away from the relleno. GROSS! As I drained the plate, even the refried beans began to spill out with the liquid. I still tried the relleno and it had no substance or taste whatsoever. I could eat no more of that. The salad wasn't bad though, probably because it wasn't cooked.

The waiter was invisible for a long time after delivering the "food". I had pushed the plates away from me for some time before he reappeared. When he asked me how the food was, I politely explained to him that the restaurant cook did not know how to make proper food. When he asked what the problem was, I provided an item-by-item detailed explanation as listed above, and taking the plate and showing him the nasty liquid drool, I asked him what that was. The Bambi-in-the-headlights look was bad enough, but he offered no answer. He became defensive, claiming that nobody else complained about their chile rellenos.

All I could say to him was that if the owner was the cook, they are in real trouble. I then asked for my check, reassuring him that he DID ask how the food was, and thus my review.

Bon appétit.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank TripPsychic
“good little mexican restaurant”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

we went to this restaurant when we stayed at comfort suites. It was really busy when we went but service and food was still really good. Better than i've had in a long time.

Visited July 2013