“Not My Cup of Tea”

Cuisines: Mexican
Millsap, Texas
“Not My Cup of Tea”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The fajita quesadilla was good. The enchiladas and soft taco were very bland. The chicken enchiladas were aweful. They had red sauce on them. Some people may like the authenic but I am from Texas and would not go there again.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Linda S

Wallingford, Connecticut
“Yum”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

What can I say besides wonderful food at extremely affordable prices

Visited June 2012
Wilmington, De
“Good food, reasonably priced”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Was staying next door at the Comfort Inn where they offered a 10% discount if you showed your key card. It was a short walk. The building is a converted pizza hut. The food was reasonably priced. I got the chicken enchalattas and a side of rice. They were packed with chicken and very tasty. Service was great. It was worth the trip.

Danville, Kentucky
“The greatest true Mexican food in the Central Kentucky area.”
Reviewed November 2, 2011

The service was very good considering the language difference. This is a true Mexican restaurant thus the food is authentic and great. The atomosphere is true Mexican both inside and out.

The quality and preperation was the best. If I had to say something I liked the least, would be they are a little slow in serving, but not much.

• Visited November 2011
Louisville, Kentucky
“Muy bueno!!!”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

My wife and are are visiting the Bluegrass region of KY and are staying at the hotel across the street from Guadalajara. I had read reviews here and knew we were going to visit, then the clerk at the hotel desk says we can get 10% off our bill by presenting our room key to the waiter. WOW, muy bueno. Anyhow, to the service and food. Both were outstanding.

We started with the complimentary chips and salsa. Being a pepperhead, the requisite salsa wasn't getting ti done for me. I asked our waiter what else they had and he recommended a tomatillo salsa. Well, let me just tell you how good it was. Complex in flavor and enough heat to warm me right up. Now it was time to order. My wife decided she wanted the Chelutas Mexicana, 2 pork chops along with rice, refried beans and tortillas. I had the Pork Carnitas with rice, refried beans, salad and tortillas

In short order the food arrived and the feast began. HUGE plates of food sat on the table waiting for us to devour them. My wifes pork had such a deep pig flavor and the rice and refried beans were good as well. The huge chunks of pork tips on my monstrous plate were mouth watering good and topped with deeply flavored grilled onions. The pork tips were a bit crispy on the outside while being moist and juicy on the inside. The beans and rice were good but the salad was much more than expected. Thinly sliced iceberg lettuce topped on one side with pico de gallo and a very pleasing guacamole on the other.

My wife hungrily made quick order of her copious amount of food while I made a couple of tortillas then began my assault on the rest of the food in earnest. The more of the pork I ate the more I was impressed with the depth of the flavor. I don't know where they get their pigs or how their prepared but I rarely taste that depth of flavor in pork nowadays. I don't know when my wife and I will be back in Danville but I do know one restaurant we we will be visiting when we do.

Muy bueno, Guadalajara Mexican restaurant.

• Visited August 2011