“If you care about your lungs, stay away”

Red Roof Inn Danville
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Danville
Paris, France
“If you care about your lungs, stay away”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

First off, the staff at this motel were helpful and responsive when I requested a room change. I really appreciated that. There is a refrigerator in the room which is always terrific.

The primary downside, and it is HUGE in my estimation, is that stale smoke pervades everything. I mean everything.

I was first taken to a second floor room and could not even enter the room it was so layered with the smell of cigarettes. Then given a room on the first floor (which is non-smoking), I still smell smoke. I have been here 1.5 hours and had the room door open the whole time in a very lame attempt to pull in some fresh air. (?!)

One of the front desk employees, while kind, weakly suggested that "people still smoke in the non-smoking rooms". Ok, come on now.....it's 2013 and you run an establishment where people breathe and sleep all night in a century in which smoking is known to kill. You can't keep part of the hotel entirely smoke-free?

I travel around Kentucky a lot for work, as well as all around the world. I have not encountered a place with such polluted air for as long as I can remember. It's disgusting and simply not acceptable for taking care of guests' health. Get on it, Best Western.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank BlueTrueDreamOfSky
Meghann F, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
To Whom It May Concern:

I am so sorry that you had a negative experience at our property. We do have a few rooms that customers have smoked in even though they are classified as a non smoking room. It is hard to cover up that smell, but I do want to let you know that in early 2014 we will be starting a major renovation from the ground up, all of our rooms will have new carpets, new paint, new furniture, etc so that in the future this will not be an issue. Again, I am so sorry that you had a negative stay with us but please check back in with us in the spring if you're in town again, our renovations will be complete and this will be a completely different place. I can promise that your next stay will be a positive one. Again I am sorry for your negative experience and hope that you will give us another shot in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

-Meghann Followell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Checked in late (about 10:30pm). Very nice staff. Cleaning staff kept me up until around 2:30am because they were cleaning rooms beginning about midnight. I reported it to the front desk at check out and was asked if I was sure that's what it was. I told them I watched them do it. Overall, nice rooms. Breakfast was okay (normal Best Western). This hotel was about on par with most. Nothing special, but I would stay again if I'm in the area again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
To Whom it May Concern,

I am sorry that you were kept up until the middle of the night due to rooms being cleaned. We do have a 2nd and 3rd shift housekeeping staff due to a contract we have the consists of guests coming in and out of the hotel at all hours of the day and night. I am sorry that this was an issue for you and I do hope that you come back again and stay with us, we will make sure that your stay is 100% satisfactory.
Graham, Kentucky, USA
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for over 2 years now through the week. In the past several stays I have been put into smoking rooms and I don't smoke, barely got a reservation (which I have made like clockwork every week, and treated unfairly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The property was clean and had a delightful staff. You felt the caring attitude throughout the property from the housekeeping department to the front desk department. I would highly recommend to try out the Best Western on your next visit to Danville, KY

• Stayed August 2013
Springfield, United States
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Room was clean. Decor was nice. Staff was friendly & helpful. Breakfast was okay. Complimentary cookes were yummy. I wish I had reserved this room for every night we planned to be in the area because when we decided to stay again they were no rooms available.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lancaster, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2013

A great hotel!!!! Excellent customer service, rooms are very clean, and the staff is very friendly!! Would recommend this hotel to friends and family. Has a very nice pool area, and is very close to all shopping and restaraunts in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Marthasville, Missouri
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I made a reservation for a 3 night stay and received a confirmation e-mail from the clerk taking the reservation. The dates on the confirmation e-mail were correct, but upon check-in the dates were incorrect in the hotel reservation system which left the desk clerk struggling to find a room. Unfortunately even though the room they assigned was supposed to be non- smoking, the stench was horrible. I didn't bother to ask for a new room because the clerk seemed to have a tough time just to find this one for me. If Best Western is my only choice like it was this time (busy holiday weekend), I will choose to stay at home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Comfort Suites
Red Roof Inn and Suites
Quality Inn Danville
Quality Inn Danville
#5 of 6 in Danville

Been to Red Roof Inn Danville? Share your experiences!