“Probably the best hotel within 30 miles.”

Hampton Inn Danville
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Danville
Chicago, Illinois
“Probably the best hotel within 30 miles.”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My family stayed here on 12/04/12 for one night in order to attend a family event in Harrodsburg, KY (15-20 mins away). I selected this Hampton Inn l because I thoroughly researched lodging facilities within the area and this was the best one by far. I called as we drove in from Chicago to request a late check-in and they said it would be no problem.

Upon arrival, it was late and we were tired. However, the front desk representatives were very attentive and cordial. They promptly pulled up my reservation and had us checked-in within two minutes. The lobby and dining area were clean and nicely decorated and the complimentary cookies were a delicious snack. My wife found the well maintained indoor pool area on our way to the elevator and we both wished we had the time to take a dip.

The room was clean and aesthetically pleasing. It was also larger than I expected. We bring a Pack-N-Play with mattress for our 1 year old to sleep in and there was plenty of room to accommodate our luggage and everything families with small children need to feel more at home. There was a microwave and mini-fridge which was very convenient for preparing toddler food. My wife thoroughly inspected the bed/sheets and was satisfied. The bed was quite comfortable and we slept well.

In the morning, I contacted the from desk to request a late checkout and they extended my checkout until 12:30 pm. Then I went down to the lobby to get us breakfast. There was a good selection of food which included hot eggs, sausage, oatmeal, waffles, yogurt, and fresh fruit in addition to the usual continental breads. I loaded up with two plates, a bowl of oatmeal, box of cereal, yogurt, and two cups of juice before heading back to the room. The wife and baby were happy. The bathroom was clean and very spacious which allowed us both to get ready at the same time. My wife was able to set up the ironing board in there as I showered and brushed my teeth without getting in the way. The water temperature and pressure of the shower was just right.

As we left, every staff member that we passed smiled and said good morning. I checked out in about two seconds just by handing the front desk representative my key cards and telling him what room we were in. Overall, we were very pleased with the accommodations and service that we received. I would definitely recommend the hotel and stay here again.

Room Tip: Take advantage of Hilton Honors bonuses by making your reservation online.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Powder Springs, Georgia
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have to say that I was so pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The staff, especially Sherman, went out of their way to accomadate me. Sherman verbally gave me step by step directions to get to the hotel. The next morning as I was checking out, I asked the staff if I came back that night would I still be able to get the same rate I had for the previous night. They said yes and if I came back they would give me the same room!
The room was clean and the bedding was great. The towels could use an upgrade though. Overall, I would stay here again!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Checking in was a pain. The front desk clerk lost are reservations and we waited nearly 25 minutes before we even got checked in. Even though we had a conformation letter, they acted like it was invalid, eventually they found our reservation. The room was okay, was not very clean. the corners were dusty. the only good thing about this hotel was the express checkout. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank colten s
Kcatron, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danville, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for the incident you had at check in. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our staff to prevent this from happening in the furture. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed there for 2 nights. Obviously these were smoking rooms not too long ago, due to smell and the fact they still have ashtrays on the desks in the rooms. they do have a fantastic continental breakfast-lots of options and very fresh. Front desk staff was amazing, especially Jan. Everyone always helpful and immediate response to any requests we had.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Narvon Pa
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were on a 7 day motorcycle ride from Eastern PA to the south and this was our 2nd day stop for the night. Boy oh boy were we glad to get there, since we were riding in a cold snap. Rode for 8 hrs in 40 degree temps, so when we got to our Hampton, couldnt wait to get in that warm comfy bed. The desk clerk was VERY nice and friendly and our room was exactly what we expected and needed. Went across the street to eat a late supper then hit rack to rest up for our next days' ride. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hodgenville, Kentucky
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My sister & I were in the area (from Bardstown) for a wedding & decided to stay in Danville--We had tried to book Hampton Inn for 2 weeks prior, to no avail.
We called as we left Harrodsburg & were fortunate to score a room with 2 Queen beds.
As always with Hampton Inn, my bed was luxurious--the room was pleasant & clean. The desk staff were engaging & pleasant & accomodating...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hiram, Ohio
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This hotel embodied the warm, inviting hospitality that is synonymous with Kentuckians. The rooms were clean and modern, and the A/C units were controlled by new digital thermostats. The WIFI worked well, and the TVs were HD LCDs. The beds were comfortable, and the rooms all have microwaves and mini-fridges. I will remember my stay in Danville with happy memories.

Downsides: Minor complaint, but the lobby looks a little messy since there was remodeling going on. Security is obviously not a top priority. I went out to get something from my truck around 11pm on a Saturday night and the door had been propped open with a rock, inviting in everyone. The next day, I noticed another door propped open. Maybe this was part of the previously mentioned Kentucky hospitality, so I was not too concerned with this.

Room Tip: Get a room on floor 2 or 3 for less noise. Construction is occurring on floor 1.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Danville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington Berea
The Farm LLC
The Farm LLC
#1 of 8 in Danville

Been to Hampton Inn Danville? Share your experiences!