“Recommended to me - sort of....”
Review of Mallard's

Mallard's
Ranked #14 of 73 Restaurants in Danville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Description: (859) 936-8103
Mattoon, Illinois
“Recommended to me - sort of....”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I was in town for the Great American Brass Band Festival (my third time - a fun experience). In response to my asking the desk clerk at my hotel "where's a good place to eat dinner" and after a couple minutes of discussion, she said "You might try Mallard's - I don't care for it but it is popular".

While I couldn't figure out if this was a recommendation or a warning, I stopped at Mallard's anyway. It turned out to be a good choice.

I had pork Osso Bucco, which is one of their specialties, 24 ounce bone-in shank - way too much for me to eat. I had two sides: cracked pepper fries and baked beans. The cracked pepper fries did not live up to my expectations - they were fine but just not as special as I had hoped. The beans were very good. This food, along with some iced tea: $23.00, including tax and gratuity.

An excellent meal!

• Visited June 2012

Danville, Kentucky
“Wonderful local "watering hole."”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We usually stop here for a draft beer, but have eaten here as well. The selection of beers is very good, the onion rings are fantastic, and the other meals are reasonably priced. The staff is friendly and attentive, and the owner is always checking on how things are going. They seem to want to make people feel welcome, and they do. It's a great place to watch a UK game while wearing UK Blue!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank mdenis46
Danville, Kentucky, United States
“Always awesome”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Always great food and service. Nice atmosphere and friendly staff.

• Visited July 2012
New Iberia, Louisiana
“Great burgers!”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We enjoyed our burgers so much on a recent trip to Danville that we returned to eat there again before we left town. The burgers and the homemade potato chips were great. The service was excellent. Would definitely recommend to others. The menu has a variety of items, not just burgers.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Dolly229
Harrodsburg, Kentucky
“Great food”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The people are so nice. The food has been so great everytime we go. Their fries are awesome. I always have to get the fries whenever we go.

Visited December 2011