“Good location great service”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Danville
Jacksonville, Florida
“Good location great service”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I went in fairly late and got a room for a decent price. The service was great and she did everything possible to make the rate as fair as possible. The hotel is clean and easy to find. I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again, especially for the great service.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Yes, this is a nice hotel. Nice breakfast, nice rooms. Stale/musty odor in the bathroom. Needs better ventilation.

I stayed for Centre College Parent Weekend. Normal room rates on a weekend are $89.00-----they jacked the price up to $149.00 for Parent's Weekend------but then closer to the actual date the rates skyrocketed to $169!!!!! Talk about a captive audience......Or is it more like taking advantage of parents?

In the future, I will NOT come up for the official Parents Weekend, but will instead designate my own weekend with my Centre College student. I do not appreciate being ripped off.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Comfort Suites of Danville, KY is the best hotel in town. The hotel staff know how to treat thier guest with great hospitality. We love sending are business to this great facility. The rooms are nice and clean. The breakfast is very good. The area has wonderful eating and shopping varities. Finally, the general manager is one of the nicest young men, I have ever met. If your in danville, you have to check out the Comfort Suites.

Room Tip: Check out what danville has to offer including shopping, eating, and entertainment.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Georgia
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We had a two night stay while touring this beautiful region of Kentucky. We were upgraded to a suite upon arrival because they needed our room type for a family. That was nice, however, the decor of this hotel is very dated. I felt like I was in a second class hotel, however the price was not second class. The room was clean which is most important to me. There is a coffee pot and a good supply of coffee, there is also a refridgerator and microwave in the room. The breakfast provided was nice, better than most of this type. A very nice selection of hot items including eggs, hash browns, piping hot gravy & biscuits, as well as a waffle maker. A selection of cereals, breads, fruit & yogurt, & pastries. Of course juice, coffee & milk. We were awaken several times during the night and early morning by a loud noise, we couldn't be sure what it was. We were near the elevator, so it could have been that or else it was noise from the plumbing when other guest turned on their showers. It was disturbing. There is an indoor pool, but we did not visit it. Hard to say if I would go back, it had its good points, but it is hard to get over the worn out decor - especially when it is your vacation!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BBD18
Morganton, North Carolina
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Very relaxing and enjoyable stay. The hotel was in a quiet area, great location: movie theater, shopping and restaurants withing walking distance.
Very friendly and helpful staff. Great breakfast!

Room Tip: Our room was on the back and very quite.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank ryc49368
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I had a voucher from an online travel site and decided to use it at Comfort Suites. My wife and I had plans to visit several sights in the Bluegrass region and this hotel in centrally located Danville proved to be an excellent choice. It had everything we needed. Fast and friendly check-in. A good sized room that was well appointed. A gym, which my wife used. My favorite thing was the free HOT breakfast. It had all the standard fare plus sausage, bacon, eggs, home fries, sausage gravy and biscuits. There is also an indoor pool and a small office area, plus free USA Today AND WSJ papers.

The room wasn't really a suite but we were quite comfortable for our 1 night stay. It offered a king bed (the bed had plenty of pillows but they were very soft and I prefer a firmer one...just my personal preference), flat panel TV with HBO, wireless internet (which was slow but there was a fast ethernet cable and that worked well), a mini fridge, a microwave, a safe and a well stocked bathroom. The room was quiet even though it is located right off the hi-way 127 bypass. One other nicety was the 10% off deal at Guadalajara Mexican restaurant right across the street. Just show your room key to your server. I wrote that place up so make sure to check that review. I also wrote up Woodford Reserve distillery and Melissa Cottage Cafe in Versailles.

On a final note, the property is well maintained, clean and the staff is friendly. If I had stayed for a few days I think I would have even taken advantage of the grill out back. They have a nice outdoor area there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Doogymon
Newport, Rhode Island
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I enjoyed my stay. There was an issue with sugar ants in the room which management remedied. The problem came after checkout when I realized I left clothes behind and was too far away to go back and get them. I called the hotel and asked them to return the clothes and bill me for shipping charges. They said they would. A week went by... No clothes! I called the hotel and manager said they had sent them a few days late because she "hurt her foot". I waited patiently and yet still nothing. I called hotel and told them I still didn't have my clothes. I asked for the fed ex tracking number and was told I couldn't have it but management might call me in a few days. I checked my online banking account to see if I'd even been charged for fed ex shipping. Nope! Nothing. I have a feeling they found the clothes and threw them away and I will never stay there again. I feel that is very bad customer service- plus lying to me- that's unforgivable!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Jlive2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Hampton Inn Danville
Comfort Inn Lexington South
Comfort Inn Lexington South
#2 of 4 in Nicholasville
Holiday Inn Express Nicholasville

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!