From the word go all the staff were polite and friendly especially the breakfast staff who were particularly so.
The hotel is big and airy with an impressive reception, plenty of parking. The rooms (we had 219) are large, well appointed with an excellent bathroom. The massive bed was very comfy and we had a lovely view.
The evening meal was a delight and we were visited by the local teenage Badger who watched us through the window ! The breakfast not so good. We sat down at 9am and the hot buffet food was dried out, sausage hard and dry, beans had a skim on top and by contrast the bacon was like boiled gammon. The fresh fruit salad though was excellent. Staff made up for the bad food. When we left at 9.45am, they had just bought out a load of freshly cooked food even though breakfast finishes at 9.30am ! ! ! VERY disappointing. For this reason we have docked a point otherwise it would have been 5 out of 5.......
The swimming pool was fantastic. Huge pool and I shared it with just two other people. Changing rooms immaculate, staff helpful nice towels provide etc
We recommend this hotel and will return if we are in the area, just sort the breakfast out please !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the Sussex Countryside, yet only 50 miles from London lies East Sussex National. Discover a contemporary 4 star hotel with 104 bedrooms,plus a state of the art health club, award winning spa and two championship golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HRS so you can book your East Sussex National reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Sussex National Golf Hotel Uckfield
- East Sussex National Golf Resort And Spa
- East Sussex National Hotel
- East Sussex National Uckfield