East Sussex National
  • Breakfast included
Stone House(Heathfield)
  • Breakfast included
1,325 results
All reviewseast sussexgolf coursesteam roomswimming poolspa facilitieswalk in showerclub roomplay golfhealth clubgolf breakpavilion restaurantbar menuchanging roomsluxury suitemud treatmentgreat golfevening meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel previously, but never again. £150 for a family room b&b. the room was big and roomy with a comfy bed, however cleanliness left a lot to be desired (the toilet was not as clean as it should have been on arrival!) we were told when checking in at 8.30pm that children's swimming times were from 4pm til 6pm? So considering we were booking a family room with young children, we were unable to use the facilities. They should have told us this when we made the booking, then we would have either stayed in a premier travel inn or hotel that would have been half the price. In the evening we had a "warm" beer in a bar with about as much atmosphere and warm welcome as a garden shed! The next morning we had a disgusting dried up breakfast that had been left under heat lamps that long the black pudding was like charcoal, rubber eggs and dried beans, Cold toast, one pot of coffee between two people and a warm yoghurt that was left near the hot breakfast lamps? Oh and not to mention the warm tinned fruit.....just disgusting ......£150? Probably worth £50 at a push. Only one positive from our stay was the friendly staff, shame that courtesy is wasted with quite obviously poor management. Please don't waste your money if you are a family, may be ok for a single business person who likes muesli for breakfast!!!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Paullongy
Joanna N, Manager at East Sussex National, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to post your review.

I am very disappointed to hear that your stay with us was not as you would have expected. Please be assured that we do welcome families, although you are correct we do operate selected children's swim times, to make the pool accessible for all our guests and members. This should have been explained at the time of booking annd if this was not the case, I can only apologise.
I have asked the duty team to feedback regarding your stay and the other concerns you raise in your post. My senior manager will endeavour to contact you directly to discuss the matter futher.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the hotel's Valentines evening and we loved it. We were booked into the luxury suite which was beautiful and huuuuge. It had a lovely big balcony and was right opposite the spa! The spa was also very nice - didn't get any treatments but the pool was nice. The dinner at night was a 5 course a la carte dinner which was absolutely delicious and the staff were great and very polite. Breakfast was also also very tasty with plenty of choice :) If I was to think of any negative...and if be being very picky... It would be that the room could be a tad cold but it warmed up quick enough after putting on the heating :) Would definitely recommend!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the lovely review - hope we managed to make your Valentine's that bit extra special.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Lovely hotel in beautiful location. we stayed when it had snowed heavily & view from room was picturesque. cream tea in afternoon was very nice, staff very professional. Swimming pool real luxury after braving the snow outside. pool perfect for me as not too deep. our only issue was that the room could have been warmer, was ok but not really cosy for time of year. dinner was very good, delicious three courses. a great stay & would recommend. just remember to crank the heating up when there's snow on the ground.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank missboracay

Thank you for taking the time to post your response and I am gald you enjoyed your winter stay with us.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Wev had our company conference here, the rooms and facilities are great, the food however is a let down, bland without any imagination, they ran out of food at lunch, within 5 minutes the staff came out with deep fried snack selection, I could feel my arteries clogging up by the minute. Great venue, disapointing food.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Joanna N, Manager at East Sussex National, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thanks for posting your comments. I have spoken to our Duty Manager and I know that he did try to address your issues on the day. We do take your comments on board and please be assured that we are in the process of reviewing our banqueting food selection. We hope to welcome your company to us again in the future.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

3rd time I have been to East Sussex on New Years Day, its a lovely hotels, rooms are very comfortable, and spacious, beds again comfortable. The staff are attentive and pleasant, we ate in the restaurant, which was very nicely laid out, I thought the food nice and varied, I am a vegetarian and I found my food very tastie (unusual for most parts). Breakfast was relaxing and enjoyable plenty of whatever you like. We played golf New Years Day and day after, found the staff that looked after the golf side excellent, couldn't do enough for you and very informative. the courses are well worth playing. We now have a group of 10 of us going and I fully expect a return to East Sussex next New Years Day. Well worth the money we paid.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks for you positive comments and pleased to hear you started the New Year with a round of excellent golf. We look forward to seeing you next December, if not before.