East Sussex National
  • Breakfast included
Stone House(Heathfield)
  • Breakfast included
1,327 results
All reviewseast sussexgolf coursesteam roomswimming poolspa facilitieswalk in showerclub roomplay golfhealth clubgolf breakpavilion restaurantbar menuchanging roomsluxury suitemud treatmentgreat golfevening meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Lovely hotel in beautiful location. we stayed when it had snowed heavily & view from room was picturesque. cream tea in afternoon was very nice, staff very professional. Swimming pool real luxury after braving the snow outside. pool perfect for me as not too deep. our only issue was that the room could have been warmer, was ok but not really cosy for time of year. dinner was very good, delicious three courses. a great stay & would recommend. just remember to crank the heating up when there's snow on the ground.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank missboracay
Joanna N, Manager at East Sussex National, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your response and I am gald you enjoyed your winter stay with us.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Wev had our company conference here, the rooms and facilities are great, the food however is a let down, bland without any imagination, they ran out of food at lunch, within 5 minutes the staff came out with deep fried snack selection, I could feel my arteries clogging up by the minute. Great venue, disapointing food.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Joanna N, Manager at East Sussex National, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thanks for posting your comments. I have spoken to our Duty Manager and I know that he did try to address your issues on the day. We do take your comments on board and please be assured that we are in the process of reviewing our banqueting food selection. We hope to welcome your company to us again in the future.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

3rd time I have been to East Sussex on New Years Day, its a lovely hotels, rooms are very comfortable, and spacious, beds again comfortable. The staff are attentive and pleasant, we ate in the restaurant, which was very nicely laid out, I thought the food nice and varied, I am a vegetarian and I found my food very tastie (unusual for most parts). Breakfast was relaxing and enjoyable plenty of whatever you like. We played golf New Years Day and day after, found the staff that looked after the golf side excellent, couldn't do enough for you and very informative. the courses are well worth playing. We now have a group of 10 of us going and I fully expect a return to East Sussex next New Years Day. Well worth the money we paid.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks for you positive comments and pleased to hear you started the New Year with a round of excellent golf. We look forward to seeing you next December, if not before.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

we stayed here from Christmas Eve to Boxing Day. Lovely hotel with lovely staff. the rooms were excellent and the food fantastic. only downside not enough to do. Swimming Pool only open at certain times in the day,. as the hotel is quite isolated i think there should be a games room with snooker and board games available. but we did have a good time.

Room Tip: have a balcony room which overlooks the golf course. lovely views.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for your review and I am glad to hear that in general you enjoyed your time with us. We will certainly look into having a selection of games available from our reception team.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have stayed at this Hotel, what must now be half a dozen times. Stayed just because it worked for us, or a party...various reasons. The rooms are excellent, simple as that. Give yourself a bit of a treat and upgrade tyo a suite. The suites, are perfect, value for money....amazing., Ive stayed at the Ritz and the rooms here are as nice if not nicer. Modern, clean, all in all excellent.

The Hotel is quite new (not sure how old but new) The foyer is open, large modern....all the looks of a very nice modern Hotel.

I can pass little comment about the food, other than what i have received myself has been fine. Not mind blowing fine, but, fit for purpose and value for money.

Anything to complain about? No, nothing at all.

We contiue to return, i guess that say's it all.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite, excellent and well worth the money!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your review and a comparison to The Ritz! – Wow, that makes us very happy.