“Great mom and pop!”
Review of Hoagie Shop

Hoagie Shop
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Cumberland
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stopped at the Hoagie shop during our meandering the back roads of VA and Kentucky. We visited later on a Sunday afternoon and decided to eat dinner. My husband got the hamburger steak, my oldest and I got fried steak, and the youngest got a chicken philly. We also ordered the cheese fries. All of the food arrived hot and delicious. The staff were warm, friendly, and attentive. We enjoyed our dinner! A neat stop for wandering souls. :)

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Best hoagie ever, onion rings were great, great staff. If you are taking a day ride thru the area you can't go wrong.

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Went here on recommendation from the front desk lady @ the benham school house inn.
They have daily specials. Friday was fish & spaghetti & meatballs. We had the fish. Strips with cole slaw, fries& hush puppies . Everything was delicious. The salads were fresh with plenty if chopped up gr onions, tomatoes , cucumbers, cheese.
Also, try the spinach dip. Yummo.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Best restaurant ever love all the sandwiches and specials never been unhappy ate there all my life love the seafood to and awesome prices

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I decided to take a weekend getaway and opted for a tour of eastern Kentucky to check out the fall colors and learn a little of the history of the area. As usual I used Trip Advisor to locate restaurants and lodging. The Hoagie Shop was such a nice surprise. It's a Mom and Pop operation that is about as close to home cooking as you'll find. I liked the look of the place as soon as I pulled up. With the big porches, the the porch swings and chairs it looks like you're pulling into Grandma's house instead of a restaurant. Inside it's very relaxed. I liked that the kitchen was visible to diners and you could see that things were kept clean and orderly. The dining area was clean, comfortable and the waitresses were personable and efficient. I also very much enjoyed the wrap around windows which gave you a view of those beautiful Kentucky mountains. I ate here several times over the course of the weekend. Daily specials are offered and the menu is fairly extensive. To me it's a sign of a cook that know's what they're doing when you order fried green tomatoes and are perfectly satisfied eating them by themselves rather than needing a sauce for additional flavor. Everything I had here was tasty, came in a timely manner and was relatively inexpensive. The locals here are very congenial as well. Striking up a conversation -should you be so inclined- is quite easy. This was a very good dining experience and I highly recommend the Hoagie Shop.