“Great Restaurant!"”

Cuisines: American
South Carolina
“Great Restaurant!"”
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We had some time to kill and lunch to eat before going to the Portal 31 mine tour. We were advised to eat at "Touch of Counry". It was wonderful!!! I had the grilled chicken salad, my husband had the philly cheese and my girls had soup and grilled cheese. Don't forget to order the "gooey butter cake" and "birds nest cake". Homemade and sooooooo goood!!!!!!!

Michigan
“Best Southern cooking in SE Kentucky”
Reviewed October 13, 2009

My buddies and I just got home from a mini-tour of the Harlan Co. area and were pleased that our friend Wild Bill Bosch suggested we stop here and eat. We had 2 meals here and both times were very satisfied with the home cooked southern style meals as well as the personal touch the staff gives you. It is a great little family owned/operated business and you will leave with full stomachs and for a good price. Highly recommeneded and be sure to try the soup beans and corn bread.

Birmingham, AL
“Wonderful home cooking in Cumberland”
Reviewed January 4, 2009

The occasional visitor to this mountain outpost would not expect much in the way of restaurants. If you do not like country cooking, there is a Subway, Hardees and Pizza Hut on the street headed to Benham and Lynch. If you do like country cooked food, there is a virtual gold mine of a diner to be found on the way out of town (I believe it is the road going to Kingdom Come State Park). Touch of Country is about as good as it gets, in my opinion. I take short visits to Cumberland 1-2 times a year and it is definitely a highlight. I have never had a disappointing meal there--the green beans, soup beans (pinto) and corn bread are not to be missed. Though they have a pretty wide selection of desserts, I have never gotten that far--the vegetables are so good, I will fill up on them with no extra room for sweets.