“WOW...A True BBQ restaurant”
Review of Texican's Barbeque Pit - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Texican's Barbeque Pit
Louisville, Kentucky
“WOW...A True BBQ restaurant”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

This is a treasure in sleepy little Crestwood. To start the restaurant is a converted house and a very no frills establishment. I must say the aromas that emit from this place should be outlawed. I cannot say enough good things about the BBQ because it is the way BBQ should be. The Brisket is phenomenal and that smoked sausage is criminal. The cherry ribs are to die for and the chicken is very good. I will say the sides are a little weak but thats not why you should go. Just order the three meats BRISKET, SPICY SAUSAGE AND CHERRY RIBS with a couple of sides and you will be in BBQ Heaven (the sides are just there to mix it up)
My only complaint...no beer but thats ok I just get my half and half tea and enjoy the flavor this joint delivers time and time again!!

Madera, California
“Tastes great!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

I had the Cherry Ribs, and they were very tasty, just not a lot there. The meat was falling off the bones and in total I got maybe a cup full of meat. I could of eaten three orders easily. Sides of beans and home fried taters were ok.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Smoked To Perfection”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We love bar-b-que so we decided to stop at Texican's on the way home for take out. the two young men behind the takeout counter we very nice and polite and helped us make our selections. We chose pulled pork dinners. Each came with two sides. We both took the slaw and fried potatoes. The meat served on a large bun was a huge portion, 9 oz. and had a delicious smoky taste. It was a lot to eat for only $9.00. I liked the fact that, unlike some other locations, they serve just the meat without adding the sauce. They have several types of sauce that they give you in take home cups. We chose the spicy and it had just the right amount of tang. We can't wait to go back and try the ribs.

Visited October 2013