“Great Girlfriend Lunch Spot”
Review of Argentine Bean - CLOSED

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Dixie Highway
Kentucky
“Great Girlfriend Lunch Spot”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This is a favorite girlfriend lunch spot for me, especially during those nice days when you can dine outside. The owner serves amazing food and I LOVE the Argentine salad with the crab cakes. They have a great wine selection and a full bar. They make some amazing martinis too.

If lattes and desserts are what you love, AB has some of the best I have had.

Dinners are excellent as well, and they have a lot of great live music at night. I have taken many friends here for lunch or dinner and everyone always raves about the food. It is a must dine in NKY are.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Debbie R

Morehead, KY
“Nice little hide-a-way”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Unique menu and atmosphere in a non-typical location. Recommend it.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Steve L
Union, Kentucky
“Perfect lunch with the right atmosphere”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I enjoyed lunch with my girlfriend at Argentine Bean last week. It was later in the afternoon so the place had only 2 other tables, both which appeared to be just there for a glass of wine. I had the turkey BLT panini which was fabulous!!! My girlfriend also had a panini with pesto. Two totally different styles but two great plates. My girl friend had been there many times before while it was my first time. She said the bread is different from the last time she had been there but I thought it was pleasing to my taste. The panini was accompanied by salt and pepper kettle chips which have now become my favorite chip, ever. I also had a great cup of coffee. Seriously skip Sbux while shopping and go to AB for a cup of java...totally worth it. It was rich and bold! There is even a couple couches to sit on if your there for drinks only. The only sad part is this place is kind of out of the way of the major foot traffic for Crestview Hills shopping. A real bummer for them. And for the person that said it's over priced....I'm alway willing to pay a buck or two more for a great sandwich than some nasty fast food.

1 Thank Susan C
OH
“Some good, some bad....”
Reviewed April 28, 2011

Its a charming restaurant and some of the food is okay (but way overpriced). It took awhile for the 1 waitor to take our order - he was fast - just had too many tables. Husband made a comment that he was glad we had no idea what time we arrived - otherwise we'd be mad at how long everything was taking.
My husband and I decided on 2 tapas and a full size dinner. We got the poblano steak dinner, crab cakes and some shrimp avocado dish. I thought the tapas were delicious - but not nearly enough for the hefty $12 a piece. There were only 6 baby shrimp topped with guacamole mixture and then 4 mini crab cakes. Husband didn't think there was enough crab in the crab cakes - but the flavor was good. Then came the awful steak - ordered it mid rare - received it well done. Decided to send it back - only for it to come back cooked properly, but the mid rare portion was really dark and grayish color. We love steak - and generally mid rare means that its pink in the middle. Sent it back again. We skipped dinner essentially - but promised ourselves dessert. Asked the recommendation and found out that some were bought at a local store and not made in house! I went with the tiramisu (not sure if it was made in house) and husband went with creme brulee. Tiramisu tasted more cream cheese than marscapone... creme brulee was good though. 6 baby shrimp, 4 mini crab cakes, dessert and $47 later....

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank luvlilies
Houston, Texas
“Stop for a glass of wine or java, but don't plan a legitimate meal.”
Reviewed January 21, 2010

Stop for a glass of wine or java, but don't plan a legitimate meal. If you have yet to travel abroad, find your unique dining experience here. The rest of us find an outrageous bill, an unrelenting hunger waiting to strike, and enough oil to supply ten Asian buffets. And, why were the tapas so freak'n oily? Argentine Bean captured mixed reviews from my dining partners, but I am certain each ate more later. By no means entirely disappointed... I found some tapas were worthy of a snack/appetizer. I also found a cosey atmosphere unusual of the mall setting. However, two of my three visits were accompanied with noticeably bad service... so lump that with overpricing and lackluster tapas. A better dining value can be found elsewhere.

2 Thank ellipsisj