“Nice choice for visiting Cincinnati”

Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nice choice for visiting Cincinnati”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We liked this place, although it is not in Downtown Cincinnati is close enough to city centre. Actually after a short walk on the gorgeous bridge over the Ohio River you are enjoying downtown restaurants and overall amenities. Nice hotel, well designed, not aged at all, nice staff, quick check-in and check-out process! We got a fare with breakfast included for parents and 2 kids and we enjoyed a nice breakfast buffet in this very nice restaurant with awesome view to the city. Parking is convenient, the parking lot is in the same building for a reasonable fare of $10/day...good compared to other city hotels in other locations. Rooms are OK, clean and with good light. Perhaps my only comment would be that the beds were a little bit too soft. We got a room with two queens, so perhaps a better option, if you can is getting a king bed.Overall nice, modern place to stay for a nice weekend at Cincinnati

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Sabrina S, Manager at Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter, responded to this review, February 1, 2015
Thank you for your review. We are committed to making your stay a memorable one. We hope that you come visit us again soon.

Thanks again,

Sabrina Skaggs
Executive Housekeeper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Middletown
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here with my in-laws to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. The staff was very attentive; greeting us as we stepped off the elevator. I loved the cinnamon scented air in the lobby! The room was very clean and quiet with a nice view of the river. The trolley stops right outside the hotel to take you around Covington and across the river to Cincinnati. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was just ok, but we didn't get down to the buffet until 10 and I think they stopped serving at 10:30...
I would highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Betsy H
Thank you for your review. I hope you come back again soon to enjoy our beautiful hotel and great customer service.

Thanks again,

Sabrina Skaggs
Executive Housekeeper
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

This was our second time at this property, it's very nice, clean, comfortable and with a very service-oriented staff. The only downside, for me, is the open atrium style of the hotel. I find that this layout allows for too much noise in the sleeping rooms. Or at least it increases the possibility.

Other than that, all amenities are very nice, parking is easy, and the room appointments are very comfortable. The local photographs as the art in the room is a very nice touch. I always like that in hotels.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BGBeth
Seattle
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stayed here on business. It is a very nice hotel, nicely designed with a central open area. I have to say that it appears to be managed extremely well, as ever person on the staff that I encountered had a very positive attitude and were very helpful. The rooms are getting slightly dated, but are very comfortable and clean. At times there is a little noise from the lobby, but would only bother normal curmudgeons. The food at the restaurant was very good. The views of the city from the rooms are also very good.

Despite there being a convention center across the street, there is surprisingly little in the way of local businesses, such as coffee shops, bars, or restaurants, so be prepared to do a lot of that in the hotel area unless you take a short ride across the bridge to the city.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I just stayed at this hotel. The service could not have been nicer. The room was comfortable and the hotel location was perfect for me. A block from the hotel is the Robeling bridge. You can walk or drive across putting you in downtown Cinncinnati right next to Great American Stadiumthe hotel also has a nice restaurant and a great morning buffet.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 22, 2013

So I travel with Marriott a lot and this hotel is unique in it's layout with the open atrium and noise. I traveled here for work with a colleague and we both checked in seperately. I had Mitch -who is GREAT- he gave me a complimentary upgrade to a hospitality suite on the 2nd floor. So that was great for meeting some associates BUT when it came to getting a good nights sleep it became clear that unless I wanted to turn in after midnight I wasn't going to get rest! I had a 5:30 wake up every morning and without fail the bar just below me raged between 11pm and midnight. When I say raged I mean the patrons would bray and laugh very loud. My colleague had a room on the 12th floor and had the same wake up and sleep interupted schedule. It became an exhausting week -which I ultimatley ended early, just to get out of there. Anyone BUT Mitch at the front desk was slow and often appeared to be untrained or worse uninterested. Questions like do you have stamps? Is there a drycleaner near by? Would get a head tilt, a pause and then let me ask... By the looks I got it felt like I was asking "could you please derive the thermal coefficients of the methyl groups within ubiquitin......"
The gym was great, the parking was kind of confusing, but worked. The concierge lounge had great offerings every morning and evening. The coffee was good and if not quite enough after a sleepless night there was a Starbucks just across the street. If I could've slept more than 5 hours a night I might've had a more forgiving view of this property.
My other comment is the Hotel has a steakhouse restaurant which appeared to be empty every night. This restaurant has a view of the river and downtown Cincinnati -while the current bar is under the HUGE gazebo -WHY!!? don't they put the bar in the restaurant? Share the view for those of us stuck in a Hospitality suite with views of aircondioning vents and close the noise in?
If you intend to sleep, to do business -this is not your hotel. Try the residence Inn in Cincinnati - it looked cool (and quiet) as we drove by it every morning sleepy-eyed.

Room Tip: AVOID the lower floors ---if that bar is open you'll be awake (even with Unisom).
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Windsor999
Bronx, New York
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Ok so the hotel looks great on the outside but the inside needs work! It was an interesting 3 days! We were in town for the Bengals game for Sunday but we checked in on Friday. First bad experience
The bellmen lost my fiancé luggage plus mines and which I had Gucci bags. It took them over an hour to figure out where they put our luggage! The front desk staff seemed wonderful, Mitch was our guy, he up graded our room for the horrible inconvenece. The room was greasy!! The internet the worst!! When we went back down the girl at the desk waved the internet fee and gave us access to the members lounge which was nice but she didn't seem to know much about the area she said she was from there!! I hate asking about places and I hear I don't know as an answer!! However there are some workers that stood out more and made the stay so much better! The guy in the evening that works in the lounge, I think his name was Danny or Dennis He was sooooooo much fun &amazing! He appreared to be to ONLY genuine person there. He was completely honest about the activities around the city and gave us such great directions!! My fiancé & I were so amazed by his overwhelming knowledge & that smile he has! The breakfast was ok and the morning girl was very antisocial and looked like she didn't want to be there. Also Keesha who took our room service order helped me like it to our needs! She seemed angry at first but she helped us out a lot. The maid service was also great by the old ladies that came to our room but later when we ordered fresh towels, the guy was rude and he had a toothpick in his mouth, not professional at all!!! But overall the concierge service is the best in the hotel, preferably in the evening!! The front desk tries to please very hard, the Center cut restaurant was horrible we were better off going to Burger King! The workout room was fantastic!!! The pool was also great, but hard to get to! Finally,Its sad how the hotel over charges for your stay with really no real amenities! The internet was the worst I ever had! Parking is confusing and they charge no matter where you park! It could have been worst but overall we got a good night rest and got to see a great Bengals game!

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Sean M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Central Business District
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
Central Business District
Hyatt Regency Cincinnati
Hyatt Regency Cincinnati
#10 of 50 in Cincinnati

Been to Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter? Share your experiences!