“It's all about the view.”

Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Zanesville, Ohio
“It's all about the view.”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel may not be in downtown Cincy, but it has the "Best" view of it. It's absolutely breathtaking when you see it at night for the first time. The entire city reflects off the Ohio river in a fashion that only movies portray. I've seen some people complain about the location of the hotel in comparison on downtown Cincinnati and though they may be right, they fail to mention that a tram runs right in front of the hotel every 15 minutes. The tram will set you back 1 dollar per rider so that shouldn't be to heavy of a burden. The tram has multiple stops in Covington, Downtown Cincinnati, and Newport. While you stay in the hotel , i strongly suggest the Keystone Bar and Grill about 3 blocks away (Also near a Tram stop). They have the most amazing cheeseburgers.

Any how back to the Hotel, The hotel is clean and the staff is very helpful (they showed us the routes of the tram). The elevators are glass so you can watch the plaza fall away as the elevator whisks you to your floor. The rooms were alright. I only had a couple of quips: No mini fridge for the left overs, no microwave, no safe, and the outside of our window was dirty thus ruining any pictures taken through it. These are minor issues but thought you should be aware of them. We had a room facing the river and I strongly recommend it. Let my photos do the talking.

To end this review, the hotel is great. It's near everything (Newport Aquarium) thanks to the 1$ tram outside. The views are amazing and the staff is very informative. parking is ample and it is 10$ a day if you self park (heads up). This hotel was all we could ask for and more. Thanks for reading and I hope the pictures do some justice.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the river for the best views in Cincinnati. We were in room 614 and it was great!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brian E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The pictures look great, and the view can be great if you get the right room. However if you're visiting Cincinnati just stay downtown, it's practically the same price and much more convenient since the hotel doesn't run a shuttle downtown. Also you have to pay $10 a day for parking here too so you might as well pay the extra to actually stay in the city.

The actual rooms are just ok. It's obviously been a long time since the hotel was renovated as the carpet is pretty worn ,bathrooms look like they're from the early 90's and the water pressure can be spotty depending on your room. If you're ordering room service it comes from the fancy water front restaurant that is in the hotel which is good but it also is charged like it as well. Think like $35 for a crab cake entree. If you're going to order you might as well go downstairs and save the service delivery fee.

The pillows were pretty bad and the closet that looks like a full size closet has one working sliding glass door so the other half is basically dead space. This only happened in one of the two rooms I was in though so I don't know if that's normal. Also because it has the center courtyard with a bar in the middle the ENTIRE hotel is noisy. See the room recommendation but I could hear people yelling at baseball games and screaming all night long. It's not necessarily the staffs fault but it was very frustrating being woken up by wooping and yelling.

The one bright spot of my stay was the housekeeping. Most afternoons I would come back from work and there was chocolates and a bottle of water on my bed. My bathroom supplies had been all neatly arranged and usually I received an uplifting note. I would leave a note that I needed something, (shaving cream, toothpaste etc.) and housekeeping would provide me with more than enough of it. Actually, my toothpaste was replaced without me even asking because they noticed I was low.

Lastly, I'm not sure what exactly the noises were but every night pretty much there were load bangs that would startle me around 3am. Whether it was people closing there doors loudly or the air conditioning system kicking I'm not sure but it was basically every night in both rooms I stayed at. Too, usually you could hear the people above you dropping things all night long and walking around. So not much sound cushioning between floors. Internet is also $12 for 24 hours. Overall, an ok establishment, I just couldn't rank it a 2 because it wasn't in the worst hotels I've stayed at category. Poor for it's class, average out of all hotels.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 8th floor in the middle of the right side and the 12th floor in the corner overlooki...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Nice hotel if you are just doing a quick getaway or on business. It's a great and convenient location. Self parking is a pretty good deal, so if you are not inclined toward paying the extra valet its a good way to go. Good views and well maintained. It's a bit noisy, but not unbearable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank bijte
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed two nights here. First of all, in my view the bed, the breakfast and cleanliness are top priorities in a hotel. Other things are important too but these three have to be good. This hotel does these things well. I have to mention the breakfast. Often buffets in these hotels can be samey and tired looking. The buffett here was truly very good. The fruit was very good indeed. I had a lunch and a dinner and a dinner in the restaurant too and the food was good, though as a dinner location it lacked atmosphere; but the food was good.
The room and bed were good too.
The hotel is easily placed for getting into the centre of Cincinnati.
I also thought it was reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Insist on a room that looks over the river.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Cheap place to stay when visiting downtown. The room was in a very good location and was very clean. The room was very humid when we first arrived. Stayed close to the elevator and could not hear a thing. Shuttle service was also nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ammon A
West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I had a very nice stay at the Marriott Cincinnati at RiverCenter during a business trip to Cincinnati. Two things set this hotel apart: physically beautiful plant and top-notch service from the staff. It has a very airy atrium and when I visited, it was autumn and the seasonal decorations of pumpkins and scented candles etc. were really nice. There are glass elevators so you can view the atrium as you go up. I had a room with a gorgeous view of the river and Cincinnati across the river. But the staff is what really made it -- they were incredibly friendly and went out of their way to be sure my stay was terrific. One suggestion: the menu is a little limited for dining in -- add more chicken and fish dishes so it's not all red meat. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a river view room high up!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights at the hotel in September. The hotel has a very impressive exterior design and interior lobby (open atrium up to the 16th floor). The lobby is actually on the 4th floor as there is a parking deck ($10 max per day) on the first 3 floors. We were greeted with Rum punch and peanuts upon entering the lobby area. Check-in was quick and staff was friendly. We had a king bed with a river view on the 10th floor. Great view of Cincinnati and the river! Room was large, bed was comfortable, and bathroom typical for a hotel. Another person complained about the toilet paper being cheep (and it was). That was the only negative we had.

The hotel has a fitness area (very large with full free-weights and machines, multiple treadmills, and other exercising equipment) and a large lap pool. Both were very nice.

We walked to the Reds game (1 mile) and the restaurants and bars near the stadium. Very easy walk. We also walked to Newport on the Levy (1.4 miles). A real nice walk through the older neighborhoods of Covington and on the levee trail in Newport. You have to cross a bridge with a smaller walkway but it is an enjoyable walk when the weather is nice. A cab ride there is $8 plus tip.

We ate breakfast in the concierge lounge but there is a restaurant on site and 3 next door at the Embassy Suites (including Subway).

We look forward to staying here again on our next trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Central Business District
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
Central Business District
Hyatt Regency Cincinnati
Hyatt Regency Cincinnati
#9 of 51 in Cincinnati

Been to Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter? Share your experiences!