“Very nice hotel . . . helpful staff”

Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Cleveland, Ohio
“Very nice hotel . . . helpful staff”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The hotel in Covington, KY is just over the river from Cincinnati, OH. It is a great hotel. Slightly pricey but you can get discounts. One of the upsides is that you don't have to valet park ($21/night) but can self-park ($7/night). The entrance for the parking is the little street to the east of the hotel.

The check-in/check-out reception area is clean and bright. The staff there is especially helpful. The elevators can be confusing and one of the staff escorted me to the correct elevator. I would like it if hotels gave you an option as to whether you want pillow top mattresses or not. I hate pillow-tops.

Had breakfast in the dining room. The waitress was more interested in pushing the buffet. I think she probably wanted to continue watching the news and ordering off the menu disrupted her tv viewing time.

The bartenders were funny but rather annoying in that they announced your name and room number. Really? Is that secure? We ragged on them enough that hopefully they will stop that habit.

I had views of some interesting buildings in Covington and of the Ohio River facing Cincy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The hotel itself is great--and all of the staff members were very friendly. I went to the Reds game, and it's about a 10-15 minute walk to the stadium. The Concierge Lounge is pretty good (and is open on the weekends).

We ate dinner at the restaurant 10 West. The food was good, but the service was terrible--some of the worst service I've had at a restaurant ever. The server was very friendly, but the restaurant seemed very understaffed. I don't understand how a hotel that is part of an international chain could allow its restaurant to have such terrible service at dinner. That being said--I would definitely stay at this hotel again, but I would not eat dinner at 10 West (the restaurant in the hotel) unless the service improves.

Overall, I recommend this hotel. Friendly staff, and a great location if you plan on walking to the Reds or Bengals stadium. I just really hope they will improve the service in the restaurant.

McCutchenville, Ohio
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights for a wedding and it was probably one of the best hotels we've had the pleasure of staying at. There was plenty of parking the the attached garage and valet was available. The staff were all friendly and accommodating. The hotel itself is modern, clean, and beautiful. The food in the hotel restaurant was delicious as well. Our room was so clean, and everything seemed new and in great condition. We asked for extra towels and also ordered room service and the staff arrived promptly and were extremely friendly and helpful. I could tell that they really cared if we were happy or not. The views from this hotel are amazing-- the riverfront view as well as views of the city and the Bengals and Red stadiums. The gym is AWESOME! I didn't have the opportunity to use it, but I really wish I would have. It has everything you could want, including bar bells and free weights, which most hotel gyms don't have. The pool was clean and not over crowded. We had our two children with us and they loved it too. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was afraid of this location, tat is actually in KY, not OH.
Everybody was nice and friendly and make you feel like home. And the hotel itself is really beautiful
Got a room at the concierge floor -15th- with double river view. AMAZING and quite.
Had dinner at the bar, the waitress service was bad and long... But food was good.
The room was clean, except for the widows tat had hand prints all over ...

Room Tip: If you are a frequent traveller at Marriott, insist on an upper floor and try to get a river view. Y...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Pearland, Texas
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip. My room was beautiful, spacious and I had a great view of the river. The hotel lobby was immaculate and the staff were wonderful. The hotel bar was were we hung out at night. The staff there were very polite and food was really good! We were within good walking distance of some local places to eat and drink as well. Great place, highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Close to the waterfront, best gym of any hotel in its market segment, executive lounge is good (hours need to be extended), water front views are great!

Took my family for a short weekend vacation (hanging out at the hotel, outlet shopping malls, Ikea, etc...). First time at this property and I'll definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for riverview room. Try to get on executive floor.
Southwest VA
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife surprised me with a getaway weekend in Cincinnati and booked us at this hotel. I was very impressed with the service and the views from our room. Great view of the riverfront and night lights in the downtown area.

Ordered room service for an afternoon lunch and it was awesome and very reasonably priced! I would highly recommend staying at this hotel if you visit the Cincinnati area!

Room Tip: On site parking is $10.00 for the parking garage!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Central Business District
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
Central Business District
Hyatt Regency Cincinnati
Hyatt Regency Cincinnati
#11 of 49 in Cincinnati
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,184 reviews

Been to Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter? Share your experiences!