All reviews the concierge lounge ohio river across the river convention center great view corner room reds game street level parking garage per day baseball stadium very nice hotel hotel restaurant view of the river self park great room the great american ballpark
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I just returned from Covington, KY for the fireworks and Riverfest celebration 2013. I stayed at the Marriott at RiverCenter. This is an outstanding hotel, very clean, beautifully decorated and the staff is excellent! From the Valet service, to the check in desk, to the maid service, all was excellent! The also have a wonderful Concierge room with food and snacks that are first class. I love the 10 West Dining Room, very upscale and they have a river view and patio dinning. I strongly recommend having dinner at sundown so you can get the full experience of the beautiful skyline of Cincinnati. This is an incredibly busy time at the hotel as it was a total sell out for the weekend and they were hosting at least two weddings and several other large parties. The check in and out was quick even with all of the guests I was out in no time. Very well organized! My room was extremely clean and fresh, room service was very fast. I have stayed at this property several times and have had nothing but top rate service!

Room tip: Try to get a room with a river view, a little more expensive but worth it if you enjoy watching boats cruise and the views of the Red's Stadium, Bengal's Stadium and the Cincinnati Skyline. Very beautiful!
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I only had one complaint. We booked our two balcony rooms early in the year for the fireworks and desperately wanted these rooms at least on the same floor. Called a few times and were told there is no guarantee. We ended up on 2 different floors due to the fact that someone extended their stay last minute. In my mind since I booked so far in advance I should, have the first choice of the room, I don't understand how we can't be accommodated. Just frustrated. Overall the people were very nice, great room and convenience of a trolley to go to Newport right outside the door.

Room tip: Balcony rooms are great. A chair would be nice though.
Date of stay: September 2013
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My new favorite place to stay in Covington.. Staff was great and hotel was super clean. Rooms were a good size. We ate at 10 West and it was good. We were in town for a reds game and had a great weekend. We will be returning soon;)

Date of stay: July 2013
Reviewed August 28, 2013

A birthday present to my husband that included tickets to the Cincinnati Reds game on Thursday, we arrived at the hotel at 10:45am and our room was ready! Our room was located on the 4th floor and it offered a balcony with access to the conceige lounge. What a beautiful view from our balcony of the cityscape. Our room was equipped with everything we needed for one night especially the nice Bath and Body Works toiletries. It was so convenient to go out of the hotel building and walk along the river towards the bridge then over to the stadium. The best thing is leaving after a game and knowing you get to avoid all of the downtown Cincy baseball or weekday traffic (easy-peasy)! The conceige lounge offered wings, chips, vegetables and a mini refrigerator of sodas, water and yogurt. You had to ask the server for anything alcoholic. For breakfast, eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, cold cereal, waffles, bagels, fresh fruit, juice, milk and coffee. For us the options were perfect as we were heading to Kings Island and wanted to grab a quick bite prior to hitting the road. Since I had Marriott gift cards to use towards my stay, I check-out with the front desk in person. During check-out, the front desk person had asked me if we received the cake that she had sent up the night before in honor of my husband's birthday...after we told that we had not, she gave us Marrriott bonus points on our membership. WOW...talk about going above and beyond. I highly recommend staying at this Marriott and will return when my plans call upon Newport, Kentucky again.
The only negative item that I would like to mention (and it certainly is not a cause to overlook this hotel) but perhaps call it a "heads-up" and that is the elevator set-up. The main elevator from the parking garage/street level entrance as well at the Lobby Level (as everyone is trying to check in/check-out) is very slow and it can be a bit crowded in the area during peak times (but hey, it does allow for topic of conversation as you are waiting your turn for an elevator)!

Date of stay: August 2013
1  Thank tuffcookietwo
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We just stayed here for two nights and it was great hotel. Looks like all the rooms have a beautiful view of downtown Cincy, and there is easy $1 shuttle access to all areas in NKY and downtown Cincy via shuttle.
We went to Reds game on Friday night...took shuttle to park, then walked back across the bridge after game (with hundreds of others...very safe.) The lobby is up from the parking area, and valet is expensive, but looked like lots of cheaper parking options in and around hotel. Located near a few other restaurants, so there are options. Did not eat in hotel restaurant.
Rooms were spacious and very clean throughout hotel. We felt very safe in the area, too. Only downside was a small and a bit outdated bathroom, but that was very minor. Bed very comfortable with flat screen TV and adequate channels, including HBO.
We have stayed at a number of hotels in the downtown area, but staying in Covington here is a good bet, especially if you are doing a Reds or Bengals weekend. Highly recommended!

Room tip: Get a view of the river, but I think all rooms do have this to some degree.
Date of stay: August 2013