All reviews the concierge lounge ohio river across the river convention center great view corner room reds game street level parking garage per day baseball stadium very nice hotel hotel restaurant view of the river self park great room the great american ballpark
Reviewed August 28, 2013

A birthday present to my husband that included tickets to the Cincinnati Reds game on Thursday, we arrived at the hotel at 10:45am and our room was ready! Our room was located on the 4th floor and it offered a balcony with access to the conceige lounge. What a beautiful view from our balcony of the cityscape. Our room was equipped with everything we needed for one night especially the nice Bath and Body Works toiletries. It was so convenient to go out of the hotel building and walk along the river towards the bridge then over to the stadium. The best thing is leaving after a game and knowing you get to avoid all of the downtown Cincy baseball or weekday traffic (easy-peasy)! The conceige lounge offered wings, chips, vegetables and a mini refrigerator of sodas, water and yogurt. You had to ask the server for anything alcoholic. For breakfast, eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, cold cereal, waffles, bagels, fresh fruit, juice, milk and coffee. For us the options were perfect as we were heading to Kings Island and wanted to grab a quick bite prior to hitting the road. Since I had Marriott gift cards to use towards my stay, I check-out with the front desk in person. During check-out, the front desk person had asked me if we received the cake that she had sent up the night before in honor of my husband's birthday...after we told that we had not, she gave us Marrriott bonus points on our membership. WOW...talk about going above and beyond. I highly recommend staying at this Marriott and will return when my plans call upon Newport, Kentucky again.
The only negative item that I would like to mention (and it certainly is not a cause to overlook this hotel) but perhaps call it a "heads-up" and that is the elevator set-up. The main elevator from the parking garage/street level entrance as well at the Lobby Level (as everyone is trying to check in/check-out) is very slow and it can be a bit crowded in the area during peak times (but hey, it does allow for topic of conversation as you are waiting your turn for an elevator)!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank tuffcookietwo
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We just stayed here for two nights and it was great hotel. Looks like all the rooms have a beautiful view of downtown Cincy, and there is easy $1 shuttle access to all areas in NKY and downtown Cincy via shuttle.
We went to Reds game on Friday night...took shuttle to park, then walked back across the bridge after game (with hundreds of others...very safe.) The lobby is up from the parking area, and valet is expensive, but looked like lots of cheaper parking options in and around hotel. Located near a few other restaurants, so there are options. Did not eat in hotel restaurant.
Rooms were spacious and very clean throughout hotel. We felt very safe in the area, too. Only downside was a small and a bit outdated bathroom, but that was very minor. Bed very comfortable with flat screen TV and adequate channels, including HBO.
We have stayed at a number of hotels in the downtown area, but staying in Covington here is a good bet, especially if you are doing a Reds or Bengals weekend. Highly recommended!

Room tip: Get a view of the river, but I think all rooms do have this to some degree.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2013

At a conference and this was good location. Hotel and Convention center linked via catwalk. Good location close to downtown Cincinnati by bus or trolley. I did not use restaurants but service at hotel was excellent. I have had few problems with Marriott over the years

Reviewed August 12, 2013

It was clean.. All 3 rooms. Check in at 4am .. Easy check in.. Nice comfy Marriott bed..only thing.. The tub..need update.. I was in 602 very slow drain.. Other than that great job!!. Will return to ths location..

Room tip: My gps had hard time getting me there
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The hotel is in a very good location, along the Ohio River across from the downtown Cincinnati. As a Platinum member I got a corner room, which was quiet. The bed was very comfortable. The bathtub was marked up and needed to be repainted, which I was told was going to happen soon. The restaurant in the hotel was surprisingly good. There's a nice neighborhood nearby along the river to walk in. I would stay there again.