“Great Staff”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Media, Pennsylvania
“Great Staff”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I spent a week here on a business trip and was impressed most of all by the friendly and courteous staff. From the front desk, to housekeeping, to the valets, every employee I encountered was pleasant and helpful.

My 12th-floor room was clean and comfortable and had a great view of the Ohio River, Cincinatti skyline and the handsome John A. Roebling Suspension Bridge that links Covington to the Queen City.

The location is very convenient. Our job location was across the river, a five-minute drive in morning and afternoon rush hour traffic. "Rush hour traffic" is something of a misnomer. My colleagues and I were befuddled by the lack of vehicles at peak drive times. This was summer and the Reds were out of town so your results may vary. I can imagine the area can gum up quite nicely when events occur at any of the arenas on the river.

The hotel couldn't be any closer to the Northern Kentucky Convention Center. The Roebling Point Entertainment District is a short stroll away with a good selection of bars/restaurants. One can walk a path above the river behind the Marriott. I never went downriver but the way up is pleasant and leads to the pedestrian walkway on the Roebling Bridge. Continue past the bridge to find the gorgeous Licking Riverside Historic District, one corner of which is formed by the meeting of the Ohio and Licking Rivers.

I issue one warning to the sonically sensitve. All the rooms face into the 14-story high atrium. When there's a crowd in the bar or other lobby areas you will hear it. Acrophobes might also take heed. For the rest of us, the the balconies and glass-walled elevators give a nice look at the soaring atrium and its "World's Largest Indoor Gazebo."

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The Marroitt Rivercenter was a great place to stay at! It has a beautiful view of downtown cincinatti from the hotel rooms. My room was very clean and the the staff were great! I would have if you are looking for hotel by cinci,this is the one for you. Be back soon!!!!!

Room Tip: Any room type is great!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were in Cincinnati for a family event and chose to stay at the Marriott after learning about its location and reading reviews. We weren't disappointed. We took a cab from the airport - a flat rate of $30 applies. Follow the signs to a far corner of the baggage area and check-in at a taxi stand. Pay in advance, they take cash or credit card, then show the receipt to the driver outside and you're on your way. Its about 20 minutes to the hotel.

We were warmly and efficiently greeted at the hotel by the bell staff and the front desk staff as well. We found our room on the top floor featured a view of Covington, no big deal. The rooms facing the river-front and the Cincinnati skyline must be special requests. The room also featured a king-size bed, a flat screen TV with service in HD, desk and chair, alarm radio with iPod port, side chair and ottoman. The room seemed a little cramped for space. The bathroom was appealing to the eye and everything worked as it should. Our room was on the "concierge level" and we were surprised to find the lounge open and available for service on the weekend. Breakfast was served there as well as snacks in the evening and an honor bar.

We tried lunch in the dining room one day, which was really good, with a view of the City.

Getting around was easy. Cabs are always available at the motor entrance. We went in and out several times, with the fares into the city ranging from $7 to $11 each way. No state line issues.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ohio
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed here after a Kings Island Getaway Trip with 2 kids. Knew it was a little farther from Kings Island that we would have normally gone but we are always attracted to something with a concierge floor. I enjoy coffee earlier, and the snacks for the kids are always a plus. The Concierge Room because it was a Sat. and Sunday had limited hours. So be sure if you are going for that you know they are not open "all day" with refreshments. I did not get any alcoholic drinks but I BELIEVE since it is an Honor Bar they were not free?? But I could be mistaken.
The room is actually 2 floors but it seemed the area they had the food set up was very tight.. I found myself waiting for people to leave the area before I would go up and get anything.
I also overheard someone ask for syrup which the attendant told him they did not have.. and I needed to ask for splenda which she did find. I would think for a concierge floor syrup would have been quickly located. Again minor but for the total cost of the hotel room with the concierge floor I expected a little more.
Pool was nice, did have to take a little field trip to get to it but on my way, I was impressed with the workout facility. You had to walk through it to get to the elevator that would take you to the pool.....(which by the way would have been 1 of 3 elevators on site which everyone seemed to find very confusing)
We did eat at the restaurant on site 10West and it was awesome. Our waitress, who I should have called and got her name so I could call it out in this review, was SPECTACULAR. (Marriott if you read she waited on a table of 4 Sat. night around 7:00p.m family with 2 kids boy and girl.
The room was very clean. All of the room’s doors were situated inside the hotel, meaning you could see everyone’s doors if that makes sense. Since we were on the concierge floor, our front door overlooked 13 plus flights which always makes me nervous with kids as well.
The bathroom was standard.. Tub that door hits when open, towels above the toilet so then they happen to fall they fall in the toilet.
Overall it was an ok stay but it was not around enough attractions and the concierge floor did not blow my socks off for me to want to stay here again.

Room Tip: The bar and restaurant are nice for a day visit
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank edist0
Ashland, Ohio
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as part of a wedding group. The rooms were average, although they do get points for cleanliness. The parking was pricey, but I did like the one time fee for the valet - you can take your car in and out as many times as you want for one price. The one standout at this hotel was DEFINITELY the bar. The bartenders were great, they made a post-wedding reunion absolutely fantastic. If you're looking for a quiet hotel, then this is not the one for you. The atrium design makes noise carry like crazy. Overall pros were close proximity to the city and a nice view of the skyline, and the bar. That's about it.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank rubyslipper44
Paducah, Kentucky
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is definitely a business/corporate traveler hotel. Amenities are geared toward that clientele. Room was quite clean, as we were upgraded to PURE room. View was ok... could see river and downtown Cincy. The service was outstanding! We didn't want to valet park, but the valet attendant was very courteous in directing us on where we needed to park. Once inside the garage, it was very easy to find our way up to the hotel. When we stepped off the elevator, we were greeted and escorted straight to the desk where we were checked in. Then the very attentive representative walked around the desk, gave us our key fob and escorted us back to the elevator! I have never had that type of service in a hotel! Sure, I've had plenty of guys wanting to carry my bags in for me, but never the personal service that was offered upon check in here. So, rooms are business oriented, but service is five-star! I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
HOUSTON
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel must have been a Hyatt Regency before becoming a Marriott because it has one of those huge atriums with balconies that face the interior. It seems to be geared for the business traveler and the front desk staff and waiters/bartenders were very friendly and professional. This hotel is in Covington, on the Kentucky side of the river so it is more reasonably priced than the downtown Cincinnati hotels – especially during weekends. The Reds were in town for the Memorial Day weekend and there were families and Cubs fans staying here. It has convenient parking, a nice little bar in lobby (food is available) which transforms to a Starbucks coffee bar in the morning. My husband usually gets access to the Marriott Rewards premium level floors and Lounge but we wanted to check in earlier and did not care to wait for an available room on a higher floor. The room that we were given was on the 4th floor and had a decent view of the Ohio River but the décor and fixtures in the bathroom are in dire need of an update. The hotel website states that the hotel has been renovated. I suspect that the Member floors have been renovated, but we just didn’t see that this trip. Try to get a room with a view of the river – you’ll see Paul Brown Stadium, Great American Ballpark, and the rest of the beautiful downtown Cincinnati skyline. There is not a lot of activity close to the hotel but we drove over to Newport – there is a very nice entertainment complex and pedestrian bridges where you can easily cross the river into Cincy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SLYCAST
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Central Business District
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
Central Business District
Hyatt Regency Cincinnati
Hyatt Regency Cincinnati
#12 of 49 in Cincinnati

Been to Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter? Share your experiences!